Member Offer: My Esso Card

RowenaBCAMC replied on 22/11/2018 14:32

Posted on 22/11/2018 14:32

Hi everyone,

We wanted you to be the first to know about a new member offer with My Esso Card. The My Esso Card is a fuel card that provides savings at 1,300 Esso fuel stations to help drive down the cost of touring. Members are guaranteed to save on fuel at every Esso station across the UK with the only consumer facing fuel card.

We are the only organisation within the touring industry able to provide this offer to members.  

What is the saving?

On average members will typically save 8p per litre on premium diesel or unleaded fuel and 5p per litre on standard diesel or unleaded fuel. That’s a typical saving of £5.60 per tank on premium fuel or £3.50 on standard fuel (based on 70 litre tank of fuel).

The saving varies based on the My Esso Card special rate and the Esso pump price rate. In the unlikely event that the pump price is lower than the My Esso Card special rate members are guaranteed to save 1p per litre on the pump price. You can use the My Esso Card to fill up all your vehicles, not just the one you tour with.

There are no fees to sign up and no transaction or processing fees. You can also earn your Tesco Clubcard points when filling up.  

We are also running a competition for members for a chance to win free fuel.

To launch this great new offer, My Esso Card are giving Caravan and Motorhome Club members an exclusive chance to win free fuel. 10 lucky winners will win 175 litres of fuel and another 10 lucky winners 75 litres of fuel!  Members need to register for a card and fill by 31 December 2018 to be entered into the random prize draw.  Winners will automatically have the fuel credit added to their My Esso Card account.

To find out more about this member offer visit My Esso Card Member Offer on the Club website 

replied on 18/02/2019 11:51

Posted on 18/02/2019 10:33 by robhar

No card received here either. I am getting fed up with all the lies and false promises.

Posted on 18/02/2019 11:51

Like you no card today despite many promises to resolve this situation, the time has come I believe for the club to inform pump king that any arrangement they have needs to be cancelled in totality to save the clubs reputation which is by their Involvement being tarnished as time goes on.

RowenaBCAMC replied on 18/02/2019 12:03

Posted on 18/02/2019 12:03

Hi everyone,

We sincerely apologise for the delay in receiving your card. All cards were dispatched on Friday 15th & Saturday 16th of February. Members should be receiving their cards this week. 

If you haven’t received your card by the end of the week, please  contact Pump King at dispatch@pump-king.co.uk for card related queries and customer.service@pump-king.co.uk for general queries.

The deactivation of all current cards will be extended to the end of the week to ensure all members have received their new cards beforehand.

replied on 18/02/2019 12:17

Posted on 18/02/2019 12:03 by RowenaBCAMC

Hi everyone,

We sincerely apologise for the delay in receiving your card. All cards were dispatched on Friday 15th & Saturday 16th of February. Members should be receiving their cards this week. 

If you haven’t received your card by the end of the week, please  contact Pump King at dispatch@pump-king.co.uk for card related queries and customer.service@pump-king.co.uk for general queries.

The deactivation of all current cards will be extended to the end of the week to ensure all members have received their new cards beforehand.

Posted on 18/02/2019 12:17

As much as I appreciate your quick involvement in providing this information it only gives more credence to our many comments stating the poor rollout of this card, we seem to be fed various information that pump king think will satisfy us in the short term.

also the chance of contacting them should the card fail to arrive, is if previous calls and texts are a guide very unlikely.

Surfer replied on 18/02/2019 12:32

Posted on 18/02/2019 12:32

Going by many posts where people who applied weeks ago and still have not received a card, I don't hold much hope of getting the replacement card before the end of next year!

Tinwheeler replied on 18/02/2019 12:44

Posted on 18/02/2019 12:44

I feel sorry for Rowena in her role of messenger in this issue but surely the club has an embarrassed red face by now. embarassed

Yertiz replied on 18/02/2019 12:50

Posted on 18/02/2019 12:44 by Tinwheeler

I feel sorry for Rowena in her role of messenger in this issue but surely the club has an embarrassed red face by now. embarassed

Posted on 18/02/2019 12:50

That's why she gets the big bucks!wink

If Pump-King had not stated an actual date instead of allowing a "by the end of w/e" to allow a bit of leeway for delayed deliveries then I'm sure more people would have understood, maybe?undecided

replied on 18/02/2019 13:11

Posted on 18/02/2019 12:03 by RowenaBCAMC

Hi everyone,

Posted on 18/02/2019 13:11

Is that 'will be extended' or 'should have been extended' or will my card be declined tomorrow?

Surfer replied on 18/02/2019 13:31

Posted on 18/02/2019 13:31

BTW the same token the club should have ensured that none of the current issues would have happened and they should not have taken on a start up company with no track record or history.

Rufs replied on 18/02/2019 13:35

Posted on 18/02/2019 13:35

if the club "has an embarrassed red face by now" they should have made a much wider public apology and announced the cancellation of the whole promotion, and that should have come from somebody much further up the food chain than Rowena, although, I have to say, that i am not privey to Rowena's position within the club.

But as somebody else alluded to, the club will make money out of this, because despite all the failings there are many members of this club, and others i might add, that will have been able to use the fuel card successfully, so successful that they may be driving around on yet to be paid for fuel wink 

eurortraveller replied on 18/02/2019 13:36

Posted on 18/02/2019 13:36

As well as the Club itself a  lot of Club members have unwisely rushed to sign up with this start up company too.

Anyway I assume the company has promised to pay the Club commission on sales and so I hope they pay up promptly. 

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook