Member Offer: My Esso Card

RowenaBCAMC replied on 22/11/2018 14:32

Posted on 22/11/2018 14:32

Hi everyone,

We wanted you to be the first to know about a new member offer with My Esso Card. The My Esso Card is a fuel card that provides savings at 1,300 Esso fuel stations to help drive down the cost of touring. Members are guaranteed to save on fuel at every Esso station across the UK with the only consumer facing fuel card.

We are the only organisation within the touring industry able to provide this offer to members.  

What is the saving?

On average members will typically save 8p per litre on premium diesel or unleaded fuel and 5p per litre on standard diesel or unleaded fuel. That’s a typical saving of £5.60 per tank on premium fuel or £3.50 on standard fuel (based on 70 litre tank of fuel).

The saving varies based on the My Esso Card special rate and the Esso pump price rate. In the unlikely event that the pump price is lower than the My Esso Card special rate members are guaranteed to save 1p per litre on the pump price. You can use the My Esso Card to fill up all your vehicles, not just the one you tour with.

There are no fees to sign up and no transaction or processing fees. You can also earn your Tesco Clubcard points when filling up.  

We are also running a competition for members for a chance to win free fuel.

To launch this great new offer, My Esso Card are giving Caravan and Motorhome Club members an exclusive chance to win free fuel. 10 lucky winners will win 175 litres of fuel and another 10 lucky winners 75 litres of fuel!  Members need to register for a card and fill by 31 December 2018 to be entered into the random prize draw.  Winners will automatically have the fuel credit added to their My Esso Card account.

To find out more about this member offer visit My Esso Card Member Offer on the Club website 

Smithy88 replied on 16/02/2019 10:54

Posted on 16/02/2019 10:54

I 've had the text this morning regular Diesel £1.264 unleaded £1.191, from my window I can see the Morrison's fuel station selling diesel at £1.227 & unleaded at £1.137.

Its been the same for the last few weeks just not worth using the card!

petekim replied on 16/02/2019 11:01

Posted on 16/02/2019 09:07 by brue

Yes and it's only visa-debit that can be used (linked to your bank a/c.)The club states on FB that they hope the offer will be extended to other types of card but it's probably a good thing at the moment that any expansion in this direction hasn't happened. I notice people are getting better responses from the club on FB.

Posted on 16/02/2019 11:01

Could you tell me where abouts on Facebook to find these responses please?

Mikeepb replied on 16/02/2019 11:23

Posted on 16/02/2019 11:23

No new card here, but my weekly text just arrived with a price that doesn't really offer any savings. Just looking back through my text messages and the first ones offered a price of around £1.19. I'll stick with it, but only if I have to do an emergency splash and dash on the motorway.

Justus2 replied on 16/02/2019 13:06

Posted on 16/02/2019 13:06

The prices at first were 4p cheaper than supermarkets round here, then it reduced to 3p then 2p, 1p and now they are the same as our Morrison's and Sainsbury's. I expect they are testing the waters, putting the prices up and see how many still use the card. In the long term I guess that the fewer that use the card the more chance the price will come down again. Personally, for diesel, I just buy the best deal I can find at the time, I have no loyalty to any provider or brand. I have much the same attitude to supermarkets, and caravan sites.. wink

Navigateur replied on 16/02/2019 14:15

Posted on 16/02/2019 14:15

If anyone has any doubts about how dreadful this Caravan Club scam actually is, on Thursday (14th February 2019) on the A85 in rural Perthshire a local Jet station was able to sell diesel for £1.21 a litre.  Compare to the CC offer of £1.25. This shows how big a lie we are being fed.

Now, the saving being advertised by The Caravan Club is stated as an AVERAGE of 8p a litre.  That does not mean that anyone will necessarily actualy save exactly 8p, but that there will have to be many saving greater than 8p.  There are plenty of reports on CT of savings LESS than 8p, but, as far as I know, none greater.

This sorry state of affairs is still being promoted. It could have been withdrawn at any time since it became obvious it was going wrong. So I for one believe that there is some reward of money, or money's worth, to The Caravan Club for every one of their members who signs up for the deal.

It is now time the Advertising Standards Authority were invited to become involved, and perhaps the Office of Fair Trading as well, since both advertising and trading are suspect.

Little Flo replied on 16/02/2019 14:44

Posted on 16/02/2019 14:44

I feel I need to respond in defence of the Esso card. I have had one since the New Year and I buy around £40 of diesel a week which by using the card gives me a saving of around £1.50 every time plus the Tesco points. I am fortunate in as much that I drive past the Esso garage every day so do not have to go out of my way which I would have to do in order to get "cheap" fuel from Asda thereby negating any saving I would make. There are always going to be winners and losers with every scheme you just have to decide if its of value to you, however the doubters must ask themselves how can the "supermarkets" supply the fuel at a much lower price and if it is inferior to (for arguments sake Esso) then what long term damage is that fuel doing to the engine in there car. I prefer to err on the side of caution. This is just my personal point of view. laughing

Tinwheeler replied on 16/02/2019 14:53

Posted on 16/02/2019 14:53

But have you had your new card yet, LF?🤔

Let's not get into the supermarket fuel issue yet again. 🙄

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook