Member Offer: My Esso Card

RowenaBCAMC replied on 22/11/2018 14:32

Posted on 22/11/2018 14:32

Hi everyone,

We wanted you to be the first to know about a new member offer with My Esso Card. The My Esso Card is a fuel card that provides savings at 1,300 Esso fuel stations to help drive down the cost of touring. Members are guaranteed to save on fuel at every Esso station across the UK with the only consumer facing fuel card.

We are the only organisation within the touring industry able to provide this offer to members.  

What is the saving?

On average members will typically save 8p per litre on premium diesel or unleaded fuel and 5p per litre on standard diesel or unleaded fuel. That’s a typical saving of £5.60 per tank on premium fuel or £3.50 on standard fuel (based on 70 litre tank of fuel).

The saving varies based on the My Esso Card special rate and the Esso pump price rate. In the unlikely event that the pump price is lower than the My Esso Card special rate members are guaranteed to save 1p per litre on the pump price. You can use the My Esso Card to fill up all your vehicles, not just the one you tour with.

There are no fees to sign up and no transaction or processing fees. You can also earn your Tesco Clubcard points when filling up.  

We are also running a competition for members for a chance to win free fuel.

To launch this great new offer, My Esso Card are giving Caravan and Motorhome Club members an exclusive chance to win free fuel. 10 lucky winners will win 175 litres of fuel and another 10 lucky winners 75 litres of fuel!  Members need to register for a card and fill by 31 December 2018 to be entered into the random prize draw.  Winners will automatically have the fuel credit added to their My Esso Card account.

To find out more about this member offer visit My Esso Card Member Offer on the Club website 

Justus2 replied on 16/02/2019 08:09

Posted on 16/02/2019 08:09

I'm sure you have logged out and logged in again, or tried clearing your cache to see if that makes any difference?

Indeed yes, Yertiz, even tried going in via Firefox rather than Chrome, no change. It seems as though the first rule of business has not been fully understood..

Rule 1 : Don't upset your customers.

Rule 2 : see Rule 1. 

Rufs replied on 16/02/2019 08:39

Posted on 16/02/2019 08:09 by Justus2

I'm sure you have logged out and logged in again, or tried clearing your cache to see if that makes any difference?

Indeed yes, Yertiz, even tried going in via Firefox rather than Chrome, no change. It seems as though the first rule of business has not been fully understood..

Rule 1 : Don't upset your customers.

Rule 2 : see Rule 1. 

Posted on 16/02/2019 08:39

i am not seeing anything re activate your card either, machine switched off over night, am using firefox, and also no text advising of coming weeks prices and nothing from PK or club, what a shambles  undecided

Watendlath replied on 16/02/2019 08:44

Posted on 16/02/2019 08:44

100 pages and nearly 1000 posts that are mostly complaints - beggars belief!

I have an updated PK web page but no card (ever) and no price update for next week if the bl***y thing ever does turn up.

brue replied on 16/02/2019 09:07

Posted on 15/02/2019 21:50 by SteveL

That's not what it says in the T&C's. It specifically says a debit card. Nothing about a variable direct debit, which would actually carry more protection through the DD guarantee.

From T&C's

Members can only register for a fuel membership card with a Debit Card (Credit Cards are not currently accepted).

Posted on 16/02/2019 09:07

Yes and it's only visa-debit that can be used (linked to your bank a/c.)The club states on FB that they hope the offer will be extended to other types of card but it's probably a good thing at the moment that any expansion in this direction hasn't happened. I notice people are getting better responses from the club on FB.

JohnM20 replied on 16/02/2019 09:57

Posted on 16/02/2019 09:57

Just got text as well. Regular diesel £1.264. Pump price at local Esso station £1.279, price as local Sainsburys, £1.259. 

At this rate, there will be absolutely no savings to be made and so no-one will use the cards. All CMC and Pumpking's problems will then just disappear. Poooof! Give it a couple of months and everyone will have forgotten the debacle instigated by them - or so they will hope.

I wonder what the financial implications to the club have been thus far in their "two years in the planning" and the three months chaotic roll-out of the scheme?

SteveL replied on 16/02/2019 10:06

Posted on 16/02/2019 10:06

One of the reasons I never went for it. I could never see it saving, long term, over supermarket prices, of which we have ample locally. Therefore the only saving for myself would be any fill ups on major roads, motorways etc where the Esso price is silly figures. Given that all our vehicles can do hundreds of miles between fill ups, these don't happen very often.

Surfer replied on 16/02/2019 10:35

Posted on 16/02/2019 10:35

If by some miracle we all get our cards on the Monday, will the system be able to handle thousands of people trying to activate their cards?

At the moment the system is still showing my current card details and PIN so the system also needs to be updated.

I can see this going down the tubes very fast and creating even more confusion!

JVB66 replied on 16/02/2019 10:42

Posted on 16/02/2019 10:42

No text yet for next week,i have only ever received one and that was last week,when i then thought to my regret and cost it seems, to try the systemyell

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook