Snagging List

cyberyacht replied on 05/01/2017 08:59

Posted on 05/01/2017 08:59

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING.

This thread is not for discussions. Post ONLY factual information.

To provide a comprehensive list of problems encountered, I would suggest that each post lists only one issue at a time.

Provide details of problem  as concisely as possible.

Operating system, machine used and relevant software. i.e. Macbook/ PC/tablet, Windows XP/ iOS7 etc, Safari/Internet Explorer/Chrome inc version No.

Please do not enter into discussions such as "I've had/not had this problem" as this will detract from the objectivity of the thread. Hopefully this thread may assist the IT department in finding where "all the bodies are buried".

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING.

moulesy replied on 30/04/2020 20:46

Posted on 30/04/2020 20:46

OK - Molly's Mummy said

"The option to post only part of someone's post was removed years ago..."

Oh no it wasn't! I do it all the time (as above)!  tongue-out

Problem sorted - took about 10 seconds to add the first line! 👍

EmilysDad replied on 30/04/2020 20:53

Posted on 30/04/2020 20:46 by moulesy

OK - Molly's Mummy said

"The option to post only part of someone's post was removed years ago..."

Oh no itwasn't! I do it all the time (as above)!  tongue-out

Problem sorted - took about 10 seconds to add the first line! 👍

Posted on 30/04/2020 20:53

but that's not the point. The original option meant that you could edit a post to show just the part you wanted to refer to, like on every other forum I use. Now you have to around that & either copy & paste a part and make ref to the OP or you have to quote the whole lot. 

You know perfectly well what I mean

EmilysDad replied on 30/04/2020 20:58

Posted on 30/04/2020 20:58

And using part of a post was only 1 point in my list.

What about about how slow it is? Compared with other forums I use (1 is run from a member's box room) there's no denying how slow it is

CJDM replied on 30/04/2020 20:58

Posted on 30/04/2020 20:58

"That original option meant that you couldn't edit a post to show just the part you might have wanted to refer to"

There lies the problem MM.  If you can cut and edit someone's post you can change the meaning of it (as above) , and that's probably an offence?  surprised

CJDM replied on 30/04/2020 21:01

Posted on 30/04/2020 20:58 by EmilysDad

What about about how slow it is? Compared with other forums I use (1 is run from a member's box room) there's no denying how slow it is

Posted on 30/04/2020 21:01

I don't have slow-running problems. Seriously, does your PC(?) need a detox?  There are on board system tools which clean out all of the cookies and registry entries etc which will slow your machine down.  Have you run your virus checker recently, even if it's only the Defender?

JVB66 replied on 30/04/2020 21:02

Posted on 30/04/2020 20:58 by EmilysDad

Posted on 30/04/2020 21:02

When any website is as CT an add on it seems to the main programme it may well not be as fast as a stand alone siteundecided

Even our home broadband can be slow if many are on line , ,which has been quite noticed at times in the last few weeks,surprised

EmilysDad replied on 30/04/2020 21:25

Posted on 30/04/2020 21:01 by CJDM

I don't have slow-running problems. Seriously, does your PC(?) need a detox?  There are on board system tools which clean out all of the cookies and registry entries etc which will slow your machine down.  Have you run your virus checker recently, even if it's only the Defender?

Posted on 30/04/2020 21:25

if it was my pc/laptop everything would be slow .... and it's just CT that's slow

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook