Snagging List

cyberyacht replied on 05/01/2017 08:59

Posted on 05/01/2017 08:59

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING.

This thread is not for discussions. Post ONLY factual information.

To provide a comprehensive list of problems encountered, I would suggest that each post lists only one issue at a time.

Provide details of problem  as concisely as possible.

Operating system, machine used and relevant software. i.e. Macbook/ PC/tablet, Windows XP/ iOS7 etc, Safari/Internet Explorer/Chrome inc version No.

Please do not enter into discussions such as "I've had/not had this problem" as this will detract from the objectivity of the thread. Hopefully this thread may assist the IT department in finding where "all the bodies are buried".

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING.

obbernockle replied on 30/04/2020 10:24

Posted on 30/04/2020 10:24

I think we should refrain from abusing the IT Team and wait for an answer explaining what is wrong. Not just explaining what has been fixed as is usual, but giving some frank information aboiut why the site is so unstable. The person running it will certainly know that. It seems the site is unable to cope and fixing issues as they arrive will be like painting the Forth Bridge. Maintenance cost is probably very high too.

Tinwheeler replied on 30/04/2020 10:32

Posted on 30/04/2020 10:32

Agreed. This thread was for the purpose of listing faults not for calling "off with their heads".

brue replied on 30/04/2020 10:36

Posted on 30/04/2020 10:04 by SteveL

It's most odd. I can see some others latest posts but no my own.🤔

Posted on 30/04/2020 10:36

Would it be worth pressing the refresh tab? Things are ok for me (I think? wink)

SteveL replied on 30/04/2020 12:47

Posted on 30/04/2020 10:36 by brue

Would it be worth pressing the refresh tab? Things are ok for me (I think? wink)

Posted on 30/04/2020 12:47

Unfortunately not, that always the thing I try first.  It's clearly more complexed, I can see your latest posts and TW's but not mine or Cyberyacht, plus a few others I have tried.

Wherenext replied on 30/04/2020 13:18

Posted on 30/04/2020 13:18

When I switched on yesterday I thought it a bit like a "Dallas" moment particularly as I had not long finished showering.

March the 2nd.- No Lockdown.undecided

Justin Bricknell replied on 30/04/2020 14:58

Posted on 30/04/2020 09:02 by RowenaBCAMC

Thank you for your feedback and sorry that some people can't access their profiles. The investigating teams will look into these issues and supply an update. I will post here as soon as I have further information. 

Posted on 30/04/2020 14:58

Hi all 

I work for one of the CAMC IT teams; I'm not directly involved in maintaining the Club's website but I'm involved in the technical calls regarding the current issues. 

What I can say is that we work with multiple partners (hosting companies, external web development partners, API partners) as well as internal coders and infrastructure teams. Whenever the Club's website has serious performance or functionality issues, a Major Incident is declared internally and various IT teams get together for the initial investigations and triage stage. Depending on how those investigations develop, will determine which external partners need to be engaged but these incidents are always taken seriously. 

The issues in the past couple of days followed a new code release for various bug fixes from one of our external partners. Shortly after the release, we were made aware of issues with some of the replies to forum threads and Vouchers in the Club Shop section. Investigations concluded that, with regards to the discussion threads, the replies were still there in the back-end database but weren't being indexed/updated correctly and therefore weren't displaying on the front-end website. It was decided a re-index should fix this issue and was planned for last night, as this needed a website outage. A temporary fix was put in place for the Vouchers while the website was live yesterday afternoon. 

The manual re-index of the Community (Club Together) was completed at approx 2am and the website was available again at 2.36am this morning. This followed testing (and confirmation) that some of the missing replies from the day before were now appearing, as expected. 

This morning, we checked back on the Club Together pages to see if members were still experiencing any issues. It became clear that although the missing replies had returned, there were still some issues regarding user profiles, missing threads and some news stories. We were then later made aware of some functionality issues on the UK sites search pages. None of the above were included in the post-indexing testing last night, as they were not issues that were reported the previous day. 

Several technical calls have since taken place today and we are trying out various fixes in one of our non-production environments at present. If any of those fixes are successful, there may be another website outage this evening. We will put up a maintenance page on the website if this is required. 

I will post a further update when I can (it may be via Rowena). 

Once again, apologies for the issues currently being experienced but we are working with our external partners to resolve these as soon as possible. 

Justin 

Tinwheeler replied on 30/04/2020 15:20

Posted on 30/04/2020 15:20

Thankyou, Justin. It’s good to hear from someone at the sharp end of things.

JVB66 replied on 30/04/2020 15:47

Posted on 30/04/2020 14:58 by Justin Bricknell

Hi all 

I work for one of the CAMC IT teams; I'm not directly involved in maintaining the Club's website but I'm involved in the technical calls regarding the current issues. 

What I can say is that we work with multiple partners (hosting companies, external web development partners, API partners) as well as internal coders and infrastructure teams. Whenever the Club's website has serious performance or functionality issues, a Major Incident is declared internally and various IT teams get together for the initial investigations and triage stage. Depending on how those investigations develop, will determine which external partners need to be engaged but these incidents are always taken seriously. 

The issues in the past couple of days followed a new code release for various bug fixes from one of our external partners. Shortly after the release, we were made aware of issues with some of the replies to forum threads and Vouchers in the Club Shop section. Investigations concluded that, with regards to the discussion threads, the replies were still there in the back-end database but weren't being indexed/updated correctly and therefore weren't displaying on the front-end website. It was decided a re-index should fix this issue and was planned for last night, as this needed a website outage. A temporary fix was put in place for the Vouchers while the website was live yesterday afternoon. 

The manual re-index of the Community (Club Together) was completed at approx 2am and the website was available again at 2.36am this morning. This followed testing (and confirmation) that some of the missing replies from the day before were now appearing, as expected. 

This morning, we checked back on the Club Together pages to see if members were still experiencing any issues. It became clear that although the missing replies had returned, there were still some issues regarding user profiles, missing threads and some news stories. We were then later made aware of some functionality issues on the UK sites search pages. None of the above were included in the post-indexing testing last night, as they were not issues that were reported the previous day. 

Several technical calls have since taken place today and we are trying out various fixes in one of our non-production environments at present. If any of those fixes are successful, there may be another website outage this evening. We will put up a maintenance page on the website if this is required. 

I will post a further update when I can (it may be via Rowena). 

Once again, apologies for the issues currently being experienced but we are working with our external partners to resolve these as soon as possible. 

Justin 

Posted on 30/04/2020 15:47

Thankyou for your input, and is now much more transparent  with the information you have posted ,about what and who  is involved

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook