Snagging List

cyberyacht replied on 05/01/2017 08:59

Posted on 05/01/2017 08:59

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING.

This thread is not for discussions. Post ONLY factual information.

To provide a comprehensive list of problems encountered, I would suggest that each post lists only one issue at a time.

Provide details of problem  as concisely as possible.

Operating system, machine used and relevant software. i.e. Macbook/ PC/tablet, Windows XP/ iOS7 etc, Safari/Internet Explorer/Chrome inc version No.

Please do not enter into discussions such as "I've had/not had this problem" as this will detract from the objectivity of the thread. Hopefully this thread may assist the IT department in finding where "all the bodies are buried".

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 29/04/2020 15:13

Posted on 29/04/2020 13:28 by chasncath

I also convienantly (sic) made another mistake in there. They're  probably not a 'Crowd' and their number is possibly few, with a limited budget and computing capacity.

Posted on 29/04/2020 15:13

It was a play on words cnc๐Ÿ‘. I know not if there's 1 or 100๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿค”

RowenaBCAMC replied on 29/04/2020 15:30

Posted on 29/04/2020 15:30

The Club's IS Dept have been working with our external web development partners to identify the cause of the missing posts in some of the Club Together discussions.

They have identified a database indexing job has not been running correctly, and will be run manually this evening.

This re-indexing job will require an outage of the Club website and a maintenance page will be displayed from 9pm this evening.

The replies which aren’t appearing on the front-end website are still there in the back-end database and the technical teams involved are confident that all ‘missing’ replies will be visible once the re-indexing job has been run.

The website will be available on Thursday morning after testing has completed and we are happy that all replies are visible.

young thomas replied on 29/04/2020 15:35

Posted on 29/04/2020 15:35

i dont think it harsh for customers to 'complain' when paid for services aren't being delivered....the CT forum is a 'perk' of our membership fee and we aint getting much else out of it at the moment undecided

it seems odd that the CT system fails 'regularly', while this sort of recurring outage in, say, the bookings/insurance (commercial) element of the Club's IT presence would prove very expensive, not only with lost transactions but also in lost customer confidence.

as this doesnt happen, its almost like these two elements are being run and managed by two totally separate 'services'.....?

brue replied on 29/04/2020 15:44

Posted on 29/04/2020 15:30 by RowenaBCAMC

The Club's IS Dept have been working with our external web development partners to identify the cause of the missing posts in some of the Club Together discussions.

They have identified a database indexing job has not been running correctly, and will be run manually this evening.

This re-indexing job will require an outage of the Club website and a maintenance page will be displayed from 9pm this evening.

The replies which arenโ€™t appearing on the front-end website are still there in the back-end database and the technical teams involved are confident that all โ€˜missingโ€™ replies will be visible once the re-indexing job has been run.

The website will be available on Thursday morning after testing has completed and we are happy that all replies are visible.

Posted on 29/04/2020 15:44

Thanks Rowena, it's not a disaster, I think we can cope, there are some heated responses (even from myself) that I won't miss if they don't re-appear! wink

Hope the fix works. smile

SteveL replied on 30/04/2020 07:16

Posted on 30/04/2020 07:16

The posts back to March seem to have been restored. Although I don't seem to be able to get into my profile to see my past activity, it just returns a server error. The CAMC logo also seems to have fallen off, perhaps they are getting it refurbished.๐Ÿ˜€

SteveL replied on 30/04/2020 07:32

Posted on 30/04/2020 07:32

Spoke too soon. The will you go thread is totally missing. Just returns a server error. As does the is this reasonable thread.

huskydog replied on 30/04/2020 08:02

Posted on 30/04/2020 08:02

The IT team just limp from one disaster to another ,just leave it alone and go and play with the Lego ,it might be more age appropriate...

SteveL replied on 30/04/2020 08:09

Posted on 30/04/2020 08:02 by huskydog

The IT team just limp from one disaster to another ,just leave it alone and go and play with the Lego ,it might be more age appropriate...

Posted on 30/04/2020 08:09

Don't know about that H.The Lego I bought my 40 year old son for Christmas is very, very complexed.๐Ÿ˜‚

RowenaBCAMC replied on 30/04/2020 09:02

Posted on 30/04/2020 09:02

Thank you for your feedback and sorry that some people can't access their profiles. The investigating teams will look into these issues and supply an update. I will post here as soon as I have further information. 

cyberyacht replied on 30/04/2020 09:45

Posted on 30/04/2020 09:45

It still isn't operating properly. I've had a few "The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred." already this morning and I've barely started to catch up on the past 36 hours or so. I cannot believe the level of incompetence of those that run this website.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook