CLOSED - Forum Members

ATDel replied on 16/04/2016 08:04

Posted on 16/04/2016 08:04

I visit 3 other caravan forums, read alot and post infrequent where I think I can add value. I have been a member of this forum from nealy the start but in the past 6/12 month it has become quite a nasty forum at times

I must say the sniping on this forum between posters is probably the worst I have come across, and in the real world would be classed as bullying in some instances.

I dont know how the site is moderated but it does seam that people can get away with alot of atacking and post drift because of these personal atacks and sniping. It also will put alot of people from posting for fear of getting the same treatment off the same people.

Kev

rjb replied on 16/04/2016 08:22

Posted on 16/04/2016 08:22

I totally agree I read but very rarely post 

JayEss replied on 16/04/2016 09:25

Posted on 16/04/2016 09:25

I agree with you OP. I had a break from CT for quite a while but got involved with the Broadway issue and seem to be back again.

It's not a friendly place at times  

Kennine replied on 16/04/2016 09:30

Posted on 16/04/2016 09:30

I visit 3 other caravan forums, read alot and post infrequent where I think I can add value. I have been a member of this forum from nealy the start but in the past 6/12 month it has become quite a nasty forum at times

I must say the sniping on this forum between posters is probably the worst I have come across, and in the real world would be classed as bullying in some instances.

I dont know how the site is moderated but it does seam that people can get away with alot of atacking and post drift because of these personal atacks and sniping. It also will put alot of people from posting for fear of getting the same treatment off the same people.

Kev

Write your comments here...Good post Kevin. You are correct. This forum is infamous for threads being hijacked. I also agree that the little gang known as the "usual suspects" have a posting style of personal insults when  any poster does not agree with them. ----Best just to ignore them.

The mods do their best. But as volunteers have not the time to read every thread.

K

SteveL replied on 16/04/2016 09:30

Posted on 16/04/2016 09:30

I find these sort of comments rather strange. Just like the complaints about Twitter and Facebook, or bad TV programmes. All these sites / devices have an off button.

huskydog replied on 16/04/2016 09:31

Posted on 16/04/2016 09:31

The trouble is some take it to seriously , even friends fall out at times , and CT is no different......................

EJB986 replied on 16/04/2016 09:37

Posted on 16/04/2016 09:37

All forums fluctuate, sometimes good, sometimes bad, so if one deteriorates go to another!

The cycle time seems to be about 3 to 5 years!

At least this one is free even though 90% ot the pages are filled by 4 or 5 regulars!

DavidKlyne replied on 16/04/2016 09:52

Posted on 16/04/2016 09:52

Kev

The moderators work within the Guidelines and T&C's set out by the Community Manager. We do intervene if things get out of hand and threads are sometimes closed or posts Deleted User as a result of that intervention but there has got to be a balance in there somewhere. I suspect if you are an infrequent visitor then you might miss lots of things that happen which might illustrate the action that has been taken. As a member of the forum you do have the option to use the Report button if you feel something has not been dealt with correctly. 

David

brue replied on 16/04/2016 10:55

Posted on 16/04/2016 10:55

I think the forum is drifting in places and there is some pointless bickering in threads like Sunday Departures which isn't very inviting to read.

As has been said there is an "off" button both on here and in your own ability to click off and not respond...which I do.Undecided

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook