What have you seen

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:48

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:48

I can't see the original sticky so will start a new thread.  Saw nearly 30,000 knot on Breydon Water yesterday.  Great weekend at Minsmere, Otter, Kingfishers, Bitterns, lots of Marsh Harriers

Bluemalaga replied on 29/04/2018 15:34

Posted on 29/04/2018 15:34

Although the weather could have been kinder, we have just returned from a lovely week at Old Oaks campsite near Glastonbury, the only down side to this site is a very slow internet, everything else is 5 star. The hope for the week was to visit Ham Wall and hear Bitterns booming which happened over and over again with 19 males counted on the reserves.

Woke up one morning to a cuckoo calling from a tree opposite the van. All the usual  sightings on the reserve and an abundance of birds onsite.

Due to the limit of five pics, I will share over two posts the variety of species on view Bittern, Marsh Harrier and Great White Egret which are nesting on Ham Wall

Bluemalaga replied on 29/04/2018 15:51

Posted on 29/04/2018 15:51

Our last visit to Ham Wall was rather disappointing for most of the day with very little activity across the reed beds.

However the walk back to the car provided the highlight of the week when we came across an absolutely beautiful little bird, a Mealy Redpoll which we had seen on an adjacent path but lost sight of it which was very disappointing until we realised it was feeding within 6 feet of where we were standing. The little beauty just carried on as though nobody was around as a small crowd gathered. It only flew off when a pair of Lesser Redpolls turned up to chase it away.

The Swallow and Sand Martin feeding frenzy over the water kept me interested for ages trying to get any sort of pic. Not going to own up to how many pics it took but I would have needed a mortgage to pay for film and Dev costs pre digital.

Bluemalaga replied on 29/04/2018 16:10

Posted on 29/04/2018 15:51 by Oneputt

Great pics Blue

Posted on 29/04/2018 16:10

Thanks OP

I am trying to obtain Lexar Image Rescue 5 to recover a days pics that I Deleted User by mistake. I have thrown away the packaging from my card purchase which would have a serial number to activate the download that I have found.

The best pic of the Bittern were taken as one flew up in front of us as we walked towards the Avalon hide. It flew over the heads of a couple walking in front of us who had no idea the bird was above until I called out for them to look up.

So if anyone has a serial number that I can use, I would be very grateful.

Bluemalaga replied on 29/04/2018 18:56

Posted on 29/04/2018 18:56

Thanks if anyone has tried to find a serial number that I requested, I have just found the leaflet with my dedicated number.

neveramsure replied on 30/04/2018 19:39

Posted on 30/04/2018 19:39

Those are fantastic pics BM.cool

Good luck with recovering the Deleted User ones.wink

Bluemalaga replied on 30/04/2018 20:43

Posted on 30/04/2018 19:39 by neveramsure

Those are fantastic pics BM.cool

Good luck with recovering the deleted ones.wink

Posted on 30/04/2018 20:43

Thanks NAS

I rarely look at my pics during the taking, only to check the occasional exposure, I guess I'm still stuck in my film days when the anticipation of getting back to the darkroom was part of the enjoyment. So it is like getting a second bite of the sightings, in this case I got a third go at it with the rescue, which worked thanks. 

Many varieties arrived during our trip including the Hobbies which came out of the recovery files. Great to witness these hunting above the reeds for insects.

neveramsure replied on 30/04/2018 21:37

Posted on 30/04/2018 21:37

What a beautiful looking bird and well captured too.smile

JayOutdoors replied on 30/04/2018 22:08

Posted on 30/04/2018 22:08

Great photos Bluemalaga  - especially like the Swallow & Hobby.   You certainly have an eye for a good shot. Good that you got your Deleted User problem sorted.  Thanks for sharing.

JayOutdoors replied on 30/04/2018 22:12

Posted on 30/04/2018 22:12

Great photos Bluemalaga - especially like the Swallow & Hobby. You certainly have an eye for a good shot. Good that you got your Deleted User problem sorted. Thanks for sharing.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook