Six Nations 2018

PATMAU replied on 10/02/2018 14:44

Posted on 10/02/2018 08:54 by Extugger

Patmau

If you ever get tickets and you don't want them I would always buy them off you. 

Parking would be a bonus too 😉😉😉

Posted on 10/02/2018 14:44

Never got tickets yet jonray57.  If you come to Twickers, leave the car at home, parking restrictions all round the stadium and residential roads are permit holders only.  Good public transport though.

Extugger replied on 10/02/2018 16:16

Posted on 10/02/2018 14:44 by PATMAU

Never got tickets yet jonray57.  If you come to Twickers, leave the car at home, parking restrictions all round the stadium and residential roads are permit holders only.  Good public transport though.

Posted on 10/02/2018 16:16

Was hoping to park in your driveway 😉

I normally park in a nearby supermarket where you can pay for 3 days. It's cheaper than the hotel car park 👍

Kennine replied on 10/02/2018 16:49

Posted on 10/02/2018 16:49

Ireland were phenominal today, a definite contender for the 6 nation's title 2018. 

Come on Wales lets see what you can do today. 

cool

moulesy replied on 10/02/2018 20:07

Posted on 10/02/2018 20:07

I think we've probably seen this year's winners today, though whether it's Ireland or England I wouldn't like to say. Ireland were very efficient against an unbelievably poor Italian side, notwithstanding the 3 tries they scored, England got the benefit of a rather dubious TMO decision which looked like a Welsh try to me. France will probably wallop Scotland tomorrow unless last week's showing under goes a substantial improvement.

I can't say I've been overly impressed with anything I've seen so far though.

Extugger replied on 10/02/2018 20:21

Posted on 10/02/2018 20:21

England didn't play well, Wales did, but didn't do anything with all their possession, apart from a couple of raids into England's 22.

The TMO has been a friend today, usually it's been an enemy and Underhill's try saving tackle was akin to JPR in 1976. 

Ireland didn't have any worthy opposition and will struggle at Twickers if they play in the same vain 

Expect Scotland/France to be a high scoring game tomorrow  

johndailey replied on 10/02/2018 21:19

Posted on 10/02/2018 20:21 by Extugger

England didn't play well, Wales did, but didn't do anything with all their possession, apart from a couple of raids into England's 22.

The TMO has been a friend today, usually it's been an enemy and Underhill's try saving tackle was akin to JPR in 1976. 

Ireland didn't have any worthy opposition and will struggle at Twickers if they play in the same vain 

Expect Scotland/France to be a high scoring game tomorrow  

Posted on 10/02/2018 21:19

Agree with your view. As 'English' as I am, the Wales try was legitimate for me. I was amazed when it was disallowed. It certainly was put down with downward pressure (On my TV anyway)! I know that it is easy to be an armchair expert but I get frustrated when we are attacking their line and somehow loose discipline, give away a penalty and relieve pressure on the opposition. Would I be correct in thinking that we (England), seem to be guilty of this more than any other national side?

Extugger replied on 10/02/2018 22:58

Posted on 10/02/2018 22:58

Yes JD and yet week after week in the post game interviews we get the same 'buzz phrases'

"It was a good performance, but there's still plenty to build on"

"Our discipline let us down at times, but we'll put it right for the next game"

"It's something we've been working on. Credit to the opposition"

What the hell do they do in training all week?? Some would argue 'enough' because the win ratio keeps building. It is frustrating when good play and field possession is thrown away due to ill-discipline

Still the Chariot keeps rolling on laughing

mickysf replied on 11/02/2018 05:02

Posted on 11/02/2018 05:02

Just arrived at San Jose and straight on to wifi to find the results. Best part of a very long and stressful day. Sounds like the lads were mediocre but took their chances.  Will read more n the morning. I'll miss next week's games but hopefully the best is saved for the last match.

Oneputt replied on 11/02/2018 08:31

Posted on 11/02/2018 08:31

The indiscipline has always been a feature of England but this is a competition and the other team are trying to disrupt your play so the only thing that matters to most people is the scoreline.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook