Six Nations 2018

Extugger replied on 17/03/2018 19:52

Posted on 17/03/2018 19:35 by Fisherman

Ireland the best team and worthy winners. England by far the most boring team ( Does Eddie Jones know there are 15 players in a team?). Wales were good in patches but tried for open Rugby and deserved second place. The championship may not produce the best Rugby but it is unpredictable and quite entertaining. Roll on next year.

Posted on 17/03/2018 19:52

Stick to your fishing because you know absolutely nothing about rugby.......Wales were absolutely battered by France and if they'd have played ANYONE else at 10, would've been handsomely beaten. A very lucky win, as was Scotland's win against Italy.

England were just shocking, particularly in the pack and wholesale changes are required. The backs showed how dangerous they can be, given some decent ball.

Ireland are in a different league at the moment and deserve their plaudits. Congratulations to them

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 17/03/2018 19:55

Posted on 17/03/2018 19:55

Ireland have heart, skill & a patriotic belief that lifts their game. No other Home nation have all 3 of those attributes, internationally there’s only New Zealand.

moulesy replied on 17/03/2018 19:59

Posted on 17/03/2018 19:59

Three really good games today all for different reasons.

In Rome, David could (and really should) have slaughtered Goliath but just showed their inexperience. By all accounts Connor O'Shea is doing a good job of developing the game in Italy so it will be interesting to see how they do next year. Scotland are greatly improved this year and the new coaching team up there seem to have turned things round.

At Twickenham Ireland proved they were by far the best team in the tournament even without BOD and are worth a punt for the world cup. England have been poor throughout and some serious thinking needs to be done there.

The game in Cardiff was strewn with errors and both teams have flattered to deceive this year.

I've enjoyed this year's matches and Ireland were undoubtedly worthy winners. smile

ABM replied on 17/03/2018 20:40

Posted on 17/03/2018 20:40

The  most  unpredictable  "6  Nations"  I  can  recall  --  even  the  most  obvious  'certs'  were  runners  up  most  of  the  time  and  I  think  The  Southern  Lot  will  be  sleeping  without  the  need  of  pills  or  Bundaberg  tonight

briantimber replied on 18/03/2018 00:46

Posted on 11/03/2018 23:50 by briantimber

OK, so England have lost two on the trot, mostly due to indiscipline, yell I still have faith in Eddie, He picked them up after the world cup failure and, although not quite the same level of crisis, he will do the same again, imho.

I'll go as far as to say that they will beat the Irish at Twickers, again imholaughing

Posted on 18/03/2018 00:46

Well, I'll admit that I got it wrongsurprised

Ireland were allowed to win by an English team that lacked passion and imaginationyell

Nuff said....cool

mickysf replied on 18/03/2018 06:28

Posted on 18/03/2018 06:28

I really don't know what to say! Ireland seemed to know how to play the game and delivered, England?? France showed much potential, Wales defence won that battle. Italy should have won by quite a margin but a couple or three game changing moments just didn't go their way. Roll on next year!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook