Six Nations 2018

johndailey replied on 05/02/2018 20:43

Posted on 05/02/2018 20:43

That for me was the most impressive Italian display. They are improving steadily. I was concerned about England's defence out wide. As the commentators said, Wales would have noted it. Does anybody on here agree or do you think Eddy will have the answers?

Extugger replied on 06/02/2018 09:33

Posted on 05/02/2018 20:43 by johndailey

That for me was the most impressive Italian display. They are improving steadily. I was concerned about England's defence out wide. As the commentators said, Wales would have noted it. Does anybody on here agree or do you think Eddy will have the answers?

Posted on 06/02/2018 09:33

Totally agree with you JD and the scoreline betrayed a fine Italian performance.

Your point "out wide" is a valid one, which I think stems from the fact that Englands' back row are not a cohesive unit yet, due in part to injuries. Lawes playing at blind side and a new No.8 in Simmonds put more pressure on Robshaw (who imho is only just hanging on to his shirt)

I'm sure Eddie will get it sorted and now that another pivotal player (Ben Youngs) has been sidelined for up to 4 months, it will make for interesting selection and competition for places. 

Cant wait till Saturday!

Kennine replied on 08/02/2018 09:32

Posted on 08/02/2018 09:32

Don't be coy K just say you don't like England and the English. I'm guessing you have a sign somewhere that says you support Scotland and anyone who plays England.

--------------------------------------

What a strange post Oneput You have absolutely no idea about my, or anybody else's likes or dislikes. ( A bit of Anti - Scottish spite perhaps). surprised

I have often said on here that I like most areas of England and find them to be very scenic.  For Example - Cumbria, Cornwall, Yorkshire, Devon, East Anglia, Dorset, Lancashire, Cheshire, Linconshire, Northumbria as well as others.--- All infinitely tourable, with friendly local people.

We are all members of the United Kingdom and as such should share a common liking for our fellow countrymen and women no matter where in the country they live. Most of us do !, Give it a try sometime ! smile

K .cool 

Oneputt replied on 08/02/2018 10:06

Posted on 08/02/2018 10:06

Very good K.  Do you remember your thread in hobbies entitled 'Cricket' only UK team playing at the time was England, just another (not so sly) dig at an English team.

PS I lived and worked for 3 years in Scotland and spent 3 weeks on holiday in Scotland last year and very enjoyable it was to

briantimber replied on 08/02/2018 14:43

Posted on 08/02/2018 09:32 by Kennine

Don't be coy K just say you don't like England and the English. I'm guessing you have a sign somewhere that says you support Scotland and anyone who plays England.

--------------------------------------

What a strange post Oneput You have absolutely no idea about my, or anybody else's likes or dislikes. ( A bit of Anti - Scottish spite perhaps). surprised

I have often said on here that I like most areas of England and find them to be very scenic.  For Example - Cumbria, Cornwall, Yorkshire, Devon, East Anglia, Dorset, Lancashire, Cheshire, Linconshire, Northumbria as well as others.--- All infinitely tourable, with friendly local people.

We are all members of the United Kingdom and as such should share a common liking for our fellow countrymen and women no matter where in the country they live. Most of us do !, Give it a try sometime ! smile

K .cool 

Posted on 08/02/2018 14:43

You should be a politician Kenninesurprised

Yet another answer that doesn't answer the questionwink

Extugger replied on 08/02/2018 18:40

Posted on 08/02/2018 18:40

Will we ever see the likes of Gareth Edwards, Barry John or JPR Williams again? As an Englishman I don't think I could endure another decade of their supremacy! Privileged to have witnessed probably the best Northern hemisphere XV

PATMAU replied on 09/02/2018 20:50

Posted on 09/02/2018 20:50

Batten down the hatches time here in Twickenham.  I shall hear the roar of the crowd tomorrow and don't need to watch the match on TV to know when England have scored. Even though we get to go into a residents ballot for tickets, we still have to pay full price and these days  that is too prohibitive.   But at least this year, we have only 2 Six Nations matches here , tomorrow and one in March. However, the crowd is good natured and we rarely get any trouble.  Good luck to all teams anyway. 

Extugger replied on 10/02/2018 08:54

Posted on 09/02/2018 20:50 by PATMAU

Batten down the hatches time here in Twickenham.  I shall hear the roar of the crowd tomorrow and don't need to watch the match on TV to know when England have scored. Even though we get to go into a residents ballot for tickets, we still have to pay full price and these days  that is too prohibitive.   But at least this year, we have only 2 Six Nations matches here , tomorrow and one in March. However, the crowd is good natured and we rarely get any trouble.  Good luck to all teams anyway. 

Posted on 10/02/2018 08:54

Patmau

If you ever get tickets and you don't want them I would always buy them off you. 

Parking would be a bonus too 😉😉😉

mickysf replied on 10/02/2018 12:34

Posted on 10/02/2018 12:34

Second weekend of excitement is about to start and for the first time in years I'll miss the fun! Just sitting in Charles de Gaulle airport waiting for a conecting fight to Costa Rica. Will have to catch up on the results later tonight! Oh the suspense and anticipation is building!smile

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook