What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

nelliethehooker replied on 07/10/2024 21:42

Posted on 06/10/2024 22:19 by DSB

Sitting in the caravan at Bridlington, listening to the rain....!!!  The good thing is we managed to get to Aldi in time to buy a 'duel zone' air fryer.  Haven't switched on the gas yet!  😀😀

David

Posted on 07/10/2024 21:42

Hope the weather clears up for the rest of your stay, David. We have an air fryer which we use frequently in the van as we try to save our gas for when we go off grid.

It turned out better than forecast, after a wet night and a dull start to the day. We managed to fit in a couple of dry walk along by the coast today. However we have had a couple of short showers this evening.

Following the heavy evening rain it was dryish when I took Flyte out for our last walk around 22:00 last night. There were more single frogs and toads out on the paths than I have ever seen, and I also spotted a tiny newt making its way over the tarmac.

KjellNN replied on 07/10/2024 22:20

Posted on 07/10/2024 22:20

We have had one of the dual drawer air fryers at home for almost 2 years, but in the van we have been using a small fan oven purchased from Lidl about 18 years back..  Unfortunately it is now showing its age, one knob is in a delicate condition, and the power cable really needs replaced, which will be a “complete dismantle” job.

At DD’s suggestion, we recently invested in an inexpensive large single drawer air fryer at Lidl which may well replace the oven, and be useful at home when we have something larger to cook, or want to cook for more than just ourselves.   It is becoming rather crowded on our kitchen worktop now!  OH says we need a good clear out, and a reorganisation of appliances.

Arrived at CCC Kendal just after 13.00 today, no hold-ups on the motorway, though there were some ongoing roadworks. Took us just over 2 hours.

Lovely weather all day, we have a nice big, level pitch near a service point as requested,  but also near the facilities block, and the wi-fi is good. The site seems quite busy, lots of MHs and camper vans, but also a good number of caravans, and even a few tents.

Goldie146 replied on 08/10/2024 15:11

Posted on 07/10/2024 22:20 by KjellNN

We have had one of the dual drawer air fryers at home for almost 2 years, but in the van we have been using a small fan oven purchased from Lidl about 18 years back..  Unfortunately it is now showing its age, one knob is in a delicate condition, and the power cable really needs replaced, which will be a “complete dismantle” job.

At DD’s suggestion, we recently invested in an inexpensive large single drawer air fryer at Lidl which may well replace the oven, and be useful at home when we have something larger to cook, or want to cook for more than just ourselves.   It is becoming rather crowded on our kitchen worktop now!  OH says we need a good clear out, and a reorganisation of appliances.

Arrived at CCC Kendal just after 13.00 today, no hold-ups on the motorway, though there were some ongoing roadworks. Took us just over 2 hours.

Lovely weather all day, we have a nice big, level pitch near a service point as requested,  but also near the facilities block, and the wi-fi is good. The site seems quite busy, lots of MHs and camper vans, but also a good number of caravans, and even a few tents.

Posted on 08/10/2024 15:11

If you are looking for something to do when it rains - you could visit this exhibition in Kendal. I may be biassed.

https://lakelandarts.org.uk/events/johannes-pretorius/

Takethedogalong replied on 08/10/2024 17:50

Posted on 07/10/2024 21:42 by nelliethehooker

Hope the weather clears up for the rest of your stay, David. We have an air fryer which we use frequently in the van as we try to save our gas for when we go off grid.

It turned out better than forecast, after a wet night and a dull start to the day. We managed to fit in a couple of dry walk along by the coast today. However we have had a couple of short showers this evening.

Following the heavy evening rain it was dryish when I took Flyte out for our last walk around 22:00 last night. There were more single frogs and toads out on the paths than I have ever seen, and I also spotted a tiny newt making its way over the tarmac.

Posted on 08/10/2024 17:50

Hi Nellie. We are just in the process of buying an air fryer. We know what we want for home, but like you, fancy using one when on hook up in the MH. Can you recommend what you have, and give approximate size? Thank you 

mickysf replied on 08/10/2024 18:02

Posted on 08/10/2024 18:02

This model is great for both home and in the van. We mainly use it outside under the wind out canopy but will sit nicely on the glass hob top. So versatile and has 5 functions. We have the six function model but that’s a bit more expensive. Easy to store in van locker.
Here

Cornersteady replied on 08/10/2024 18:30

Posted on 08/10/2024 18:30

Well over the past week or so I've had a very painful (as I found out) in-growing toe nail with every step or putting shoes, or even socks, on making it worse. I'm not sure how it happened and it's my first and hopefully last.

I went to see a podiatrist this afternoon and wow, what a difference! She cut out the offending slithers that were, to quote Basil, still burrowing thier way down to the bone? Still macheteing their way through the nerve, and while it was 'somewhat' (to say the least) painful at the time what a relief now. 

I'm not sure if £55 is cheap or expensive but worth every penny!

To anyone else who suffers one of these get it seen to as quickly as possible. I'd wish I'd gone sooner. 

KjellNN replied on 08/10/2024 19:36

Posted on 08/10/2024 19:36

TTDA……..we have the same dual drawer one as DEBSC, a Salter.  We bought DD a similar one from Lakeland, it was on special offer and we had an extra 20% off.  They then bought her husband’s parents a similar one from Lidl, they all work well.

The single drawer one we got from Lidl also works well,  but if you have the space to carry it, you could get one of those ones ( look on Lakeland for examples) that have either one larger and one smaller drawer, or have one very large drawer with a moveable divider.

Or just take  the house one with you.

We only bought a second one as we did not want to be left without one at home when DD borrows the caravan.

The single drawer one we got from Lidl is quite tall, considerably taller than our dual drawer Salter one, but not as heavy.

The Ninja one Micky linked too looks ideal for travelling, spacious but compact, however it was more than we wanted to spend.

DSB replied on 08/10/2024 20:01

Posted on 08/10/2024 20:01

Weather a bit showery today in East Yorkshire.  A trip up to Scarborough for some lunch and later on to Filey to Tescos before returning to Bridlington.  Off home tomorrow..

David

Takethedogalong replied on 08/10/2024 20:16

Posted on 08/10/2024 20:16

Thank all for posting re AirFryers. We know what we want for home, it’s a Ninja, dual drawer, 7.6litre. I bought my sister one for her birthday, and she says it’s great for her, so should suit us as well.

I asked Nellie because I wondered how he went on at CLs with less than 16 amps, plus we don’t want a huge one in MH. We won’t be doing things like roasting chickens or any kind of meat, so it doesn’t have to be too big.

nelliethehooker replied on 08/10/2024 20:34

Posted on 08/10/2024 20:34

Tda, ours is a Tower 4 litre Digital Vortex Model No.T17067, operating at 1400W, which we got from Argos. It is big enough for the two of us, and have had no problems, so far with using it on CLs. We do only operate one main electrical heating item at a time in the van

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook