What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Rufs replied on 05/10/2024 16:59

Posted on 05/10/2024 13:09 by richardandros

Both had our jabs - yesterday afternoon at the pharmacy for Covid and first thing this morning at the surgery for the 'flu one - so that's us sorted for another yearsmile

Posted on 05/10/2024 16:59

Had Covid and Flu both together at the pharmacy yesterday, have felt wretched all day, same syptoms as last time i had covid jab, body aches all over got the shakes, be ok tomorrow.

Been a glorious day so i did manage to sit in the garden and soak up some sunshine for some of the time, just taken 3 x paracetomol feeling worlds better surprised 

DEBSC replied on 05/10/2024 18:46

Posted on 05/10/2024 18:46

Booked the GPs for offered flu jab, no mention of Covid. Booked Covid one with the NHS offered for next week. Arrived at Drs to be asked if we wanted Covid jab as well, thought that would be easier so agreed and now just cancelled NHS appointment, think there will be many cancellations as people before and after us in queue said the same. Maybe surgery should have been more organised. Arm now painful, hope we don’t feel like Rufs tomorrow.

Our granddaughter is back in hospital again they are trying to get fluids into her and have told her she will be in for at least a few days. Her sister planned a visit to stay local to her for the weekend so fortunately is there at present for visiting.

nelliethehooker replied on 05/10/2024 20:36

Posted on 04/10/2024 23:19 by KjellNN

Is that CCC Dunbar Nellie?

Posted on 05/10/2024 20:36

Spot on, Kjell. It is our first visit to it and very impressed, with lots of space between units and patches of grass without pitches, an excellent dog walk with a free run area, "free" wifi that works well, and a great view from most of the pitches.

Wherenext replied on 05/10/2024 20:42

Posted on 05/10/2024 20:42

Maybe surgery should have been more organised. 

DEBSC, never a truer word "spoken". We took MiL down to her surgery this morning just before 10am. The surgery is a small one, has about 15 car parking spaces. Chaos. Cars parked on the busy entrance road, queues of elderly patients snaking around the building outside. In this part of Wales the health board "organise" the appointments. They make them, you don't, and they start with the eldest first. I dropped the ladies off and nipped to Tesco for 3 items and found a convenient road space not far from the surgery when I got back 20 minutes later. They still hadn't got into the surgery. 

It was a good job the weather was dry and sunny if cool. I counted over 100 80y.o.+ waiting in a queue, quite a few with walking aids just like MiL. When she did get in it was quick but I was fuming. I intend writing to both the health board and the Surgery. This number of elderly people should not have to wait outside for over 30 minutes. As OH said all of the ones around them were within 5 minutes of MiLs appointed time so it wasn't queue jumping. Goodness knows what would have happened if it had been raining.surprised Last year it was held at the Rugby Club with ample inside room to accommodate everyone. MiL has had 3 jabs this week so deserved her Rhubarb and Ginger Gin tonight.

As mere youngsterslaughing we'll have to wait for our appointments but our surgery has far more space.

Hope your GD improves quickly.

Wherenext replied on 05/10/2024 20:49

Posted on 05/10/2024 20:49

We lost a lovely couple who were neighbours and who we have known for over 40 years early this year, both passing away within 6 months of each other. They have 2 lovely daughters and one of them called in today to say she and her husband are moving into the house which delighted us. 

She stayed for quite a while having a chat. She's the spitting image of her mother.

Nice to have someone we know.

Hope you enjoyed the Anderson Boat Lift Kj. Have a safe trip up to the Lakes tomorrow.

DavidKlyne replied on 05/10/2024 21:23

Posted on 05/10/2024 21:23

Two thirds of the way through our vaccination season. RSV jab on Monday, Flu jab today. Next Wednesday it will be our Covid vaccination. This is the only one not done at the surgery but at the Open University. It's not Margaret's year medically speaking. Back during Covid she had to see the doctor regarding a strange mark on her head. At the time he said that he didn't think it was sinister. Last week we noticed that the mark had changed so she managed to get an appointment and the same doctor has now referred her to the hospital on a fast track appointment. I think he is still fairly confident it is not something to worry about but better safe than sorry. The hospital appointment has already come through for the 15th October which is pretty quick. Fingers crossed!

David

DSB replied on 05/10/2024 21:29

Posted on 05/10/2024 21:29

Nice sunny day here today but a little cool.  Off out in the van tomorrow, just for a short break.  Looking at where we can escape most of the rain... so Bridlington looks a good bet! 

We do have a slight problem though... one of our front seats have gone back to Belfield - a warranty issue..... so we've used a couple of seats from the IKEA furniture we have in the conservatory....  😀😀

David

nelliethehooker replied on 05/10/2024 21:35

Posted on 05/10/2024 21:35

We had booked our flu jabs together for when we return from our current trip, and when I had my RVS injection before we came away I enquired about our Covid ones and was informed that they would be given at the same time as our flu jabs, so no need to arrange another appointment.

Hope you have a safe journey up to Kendal on Monday, Kjell. BTW which CL have you been staying on when in Wales? Hope your friend's op goes without mishap.

Sorry to read that your granddaughter is again back in hospital, Debs, fingers crossed she will only be there for a few days.

It has been another fine sunny and warm day, good enough for the washing to dry outside once more. We spent the day in Dunbar today, with a walk around by the harbour and what remains of the castle, and the after lunch along the esplanade above the cliffs.

Rufs replied on 06/10/2024 08:32

Posted on 05/10/2024 20:42 by Wherenext

Maybe surgery should have been more organised. 

DEBSC, never a truer word "spoken". We took MiL down to her surgery this morning just before 10am. The surgery is a small one, has about 15 car parking spaces. Chaos. Cars parked on the busy entrance road, queues of elderly patients snaking around the building outside. In this part of Wales the health board "organise" the appointments. They make them, you don't, and they start with the eldest first. I dropped the ladies off and nipped to Tesco for 3 items and found a convenient road space not far from the surgery when I got back 20 minutes later. They still hadn't got into the surgery. 

It was a good job the weather was dry and sunny if cool. I counted over 100 80y.o.+ waiting in a queue, quite a few with walking aids just like MiL. When she did get in it was quick but I was fuming. I intend writing to both the health board and the Surgery. This number of elderly people should not have to wait outside for over 30 minutes. As OH said all of the ones around them were within 5 minutes of MiLs appointed time so it wasn't queue jumping. Goodness knows what would have happened if it had been raining.surprised Last year it was held at the Rugby Club with ample inside room to accommodate everyone. MiL has had 3 jabs this week so deserved her Rhubarb and Ginger Gin tonight.

As mere youngsterslaughing we'll have to wait for our appointments but our surgery has far more space.

Hope your GD improves quickly.

Posted on 06/10/2024 08:32

You are lucky to have car parking spaces, our surgery has just 2, and like yours chaos is the order of the day with ederly people queuing outside in the rain sometimes for 30 mins or more and yet, on Friday i had an appointment at the local pharmacy 1715 hrs for flu and covid, pharmacy is just 5 minutes walk from the surgery, i arrived at 1705 hrs and was out at 1710 hrs having had both jabs, our pharmacy is now the place to go, they have a new biometric machine which is currently free to use, you stand on the plate press start and it automatically measures your height, weight, BMI, you stick your wrist in a sleeve and it does your blood pressure and then gives you a print out of the results all within 5 minutes. They say a lot of pharmacy are closing, ours seems to go from strength to strength

Wildwood replied on 06/10/2024 11:37

Posted on 06/10/2024 11:37

Our surgery has far more parking than it needs. Pity you cannot get to see a doctor, they seem to work from home and use the phone. 

My wife has had her appointment for flu and covid but not me despite the act that I am the eldest.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook