What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

moulesy replied on 03/10/2024 10:03

Posted on 03/10/2024 10:03

Medical matters for us now - this afternoon I have to take Mrs M to have a couple of teeth removed. Next week it's flu jabs for us both and my annual eye test and the week after we're both booked in for Covid jabs. Good to get everything out of the way quickly!

DSB replied on 03/10/2024 11:13

Posted on 03/10/2024 11:13

Just been for our flu jabs this morning.  They couldn't give us the Covid.  Apparently they had an electric cut and all the Covid vaccines were spoilt...  they have to wait for the 'replacements'!  

David

vbfg replied on 03/10/2024 13:29

Posted on 01/10/2024 17:07 by moulesy

Safely home now, and just picked Ralph up - apparently he's behaved perfectly while we've been away (so, we'll obviously have to go away more often! wink).

I've spent much of today trying to transfer the photos of Madeira from my camera onto my tablet, not as easy as I thought, but getting there slowly.

To start with some coastal views ...

Posted on 03/10/2024 13:29

It does look lovely and an island where I have always wanted to go. Perhaps next year!

mickysf replied on 03/10/2024 19:10

Posted on 03/10/2024 19:10

It’s been a really cracking day walking about 10K and ending up at our local craft brewery for a swift pint. Now sitting at home looking out at a beautiful sunset with bats flitting about in the half light. Let’s hope for Māori of the same this weekend.

nelliethehooker replied on 03/10/2024 20:40

Posted on 03/10/2024 20:40

Loved the photo of the Churchill statue, M, as well as the rest too. Hope Mrs M didn't suffer too much at the dentist.

We woke to quite thick mist, as forecast, but it eventually burnt off and the rest of the day has been fine with short periods of sunshine. We had a morning walk from the Avon Aquaduct (the second longest in the British Isles at 250m length) around Muiravonside Country Park and then, after lunch, another along part of the Union Canal. This our last night here before we start on the slow meander homeward.

Wherenext replied on 04/10/2024 14:07

Posted on 04/10/2024 14:07

Kj - We are now installed, in splendid isolation, on our usual CL in North Wales

Haven't been on since Monday so only just catching up with news. How long are you here for Kj? At least the weather has been better since Tuesday.

We've been rather busy. After the  deluge at the weekend I found my favourite "every" day shoes had sprung a leak so a hasty trip to Go Outdoors for a replacement pair, not being one with a shoe fetish I tend to only have 2 pairs of every day shoes!

Flu jabs, blood tests, gardening, wasp infestation, Campervan cleaning, a meeting with some friends, acting as taxi for MiL who also decided she wanted new shoes, but only after we'd been and got mine! Taxi tomorrow as she has a covid jab.

Need to move some investments that are due and move our energy supplier as well.

Condolences on the death of your Aunt B2.

Apologies if I've missed anything else of importance but I'm trying to finish this and keep an eye on a Coq-au-Vin that's in the oven slowly cooking away.

nelliethehooker replied on 04/10/2024 21:42

Posted on 04/10/2024 21:42

After a dry start it began to rain just as we were in the process of leaving the Beecraigs site. It continued to rain as we circuited Edinburgh but thankfully stopped before we got to our present site, so we set up in the dry. Have had the odd very short shower this afternoon but have been able to fit in 3 dry walks so far. The photos, below, are of a couple of trees exhibiting fine autumn colours, that we saw on our walk yesterday, one with the view from our caravan and the other from my afternoon  walk. Where are we?

KjellNN replied on 04/10/2024 23:17

Posted on 04/10/2024 23:17

We leave here on  Monday WN, and head north to CCC Kendal.   The weather has indeed been not bad since Tuesday, thankfully,  it next week it looks to be rather mixed.

My friend is booked in for his heart op in Liverpool on Tuesday, but has to go in on Sunday as they want to do some additional pre op tests, so we are spending most days with him.  

His daughter arrived from Cardiff yesterday as it was her younger daughter’s 1st birthday today , so today we went to the birthday party.  With a 1 year old and a nearly 4 year old, it was quite lively!

Tomorrow, as he now has “supervision”, we plan a trip to see the Anderton boat lift, then we will see him again before he goes off to Liverpool on Sunday.

We left OH’s car with DD in case she needed it, just as well as her old car has had another flat tyre, and today the battery has failed.  Good thing she has a new car on order, though it seems it will not arrive until late December now.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook