What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Takethedogalong replied on 21/08/2024 22:44

Posted on 21/08/2024 22:44

Lovely photos of Harlow Carr. Doesn’t look very busy though. We might try the Harrogate Site at some point Freddy, looks very nice, and Fodder next door is great.

Armageddon sounds a good name for next door WN🤣 

Another trip coming to an end Nellie, I hope you are both ok👍

We’ve had a lovely day out at Sledmere House and Gardens today. Didn’t go in the house, but the Walled Gardens are lovely, and a huge bonus is they now have a Rare Breeds collection, so I got to pat some piglets and goats. Lovely visit, it stayed dry, mainly sunny but a cool breeze. Pooch enjoyed himself…..

milliehull replied on 22/08/2024 08:07

Posted on 20/08/2024 21:26 by DavidKlyne

Millie said:- A friend of mine decided to pay privately for her hip operation as the waiting list was so long. She had difficulty finding a private hospital to do it as she has heart problems. She finally found that The Spire Hospital in Nottingham would do it as they have an A&E. She had it done in January and it was a successful.

Millie, that would obviously be the ideal situation. A new problem has emerged today and that is actually trying to get an appointment to see a consultant! Margaret had a letter referring here to MK Hospital with a code so we could self refer. We went on the NHS website and logged in using the code and asked to select a hospital. As it turned out the only choice was MK Hospital and they had no appointments available. There was an option to add a note, which we have done explaining the situation but even then there was a warning that it could be the end of October before they get back to us. I have suggested to Margaret that in a couple weeks (assuming we have heard nothing) that she ring them just to have a conversation to see how the land lies. I don't think we expected it to be quite so complicated, so different to when I had mine done!

David

Posted on 22/08/2024 08:07

David. Just to say that Nottingham isnt local to us or my friend but it seemed to be the only.option other than waiting 2 - 3 years for the NHS. She went to her outpatient apppintments by train and as she is on her own various friends helped out with transport as well. Not exactly ideal but worth it all in the end.

We transported son and his mates to and from the Beer Festival last night. Judging by the convivial atmosphere in the car when we picked them up a good time was had by all!

Now waiting to hear the GCSE results from 2 of our grandchildren. I expect the stress levels in their 2 houses are pretty high just now.

KjellNN replied on 22/08/2024 10:23

Posted on 22/08/2024 10:23

I got a day off DIY yesterday as it was my birthday,  but we were still looking after the boys.    We did a bit of shopping and took that to DD’s to have birthday meals……..waffles at lunch time, and for dinner, Lasagne followed by cheesecake…..nice to have someone else do the cooking and clearing up.

The caravan trip in September is still not certain, but we reviewed what is still to be done in DD’s flat, scored off a few items and added a couple of other ones, and it is looking more hopeful.  However, with the current weather,  cutting it short might not be such a bad idea!

We are tied up with Guide Hall stuff tomorrow, and DD has some plans for Saturday, so it will be Sunday before work at the flat resumes.  On  Monday she has a day off so we will be there then too, after I have dropped off the Touareg for service and MOT, so we will not decide about our trip until we see what then remains to be done.

There has been heavy rain here off and on, and some strong winds too.  When OH was out shopping on Monday a sudden gust  blew the car door partly shut, it caught  her shoulder and banged her glasses into the bridge of her  nose, so she now has some spectacular bruises!   The ones on her face only appeared on Tuesday morning, then spread  even more round her eyes yesterday, fortunately not particularly sore, but they do look awful.

heddlo replied on 22/08/2024 12:18

Posted on 22/08/2024 12:18

Now waiting to hear the GCSE results from 2 of our grandchildren. I expect the stress levels in their 2 houses are pretty high just now.  

Same here Milliehull!!!   However, we have now heard from our granddaughter and she has passed all the subjects she needed for her chosen college course, including Maths and English which she was particularly concerned about.  So proud of her as I knew she was a bit under pressure as her brother had just had brilliant results in his A levels last week AND he just passed his driving test a couple of days ago, so we were so excited for her to have done well also.   My DIL has said she does not recommend A level results, Driving test, GCSE results, and a Taylor Swift concert all in the same week!!!!  🤦🏻‍♀️🤯

richardandros replied on 22/08/2024 13:03

Posted on 22/08/2024 13:03

Happy Birthday from us, as well Kj.

We had some really good news from our Grandson, this morning. They are currently on holiday in Valencia and the text said he had passed 9 subjects in his GCSE - 2 x B’s and 7 x A’s !!  Absolutely delighted for him - especially as in the middle of it all he was in hospital having been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. 

Been extremely windy and wet here this morning although still quite warm.  Typical BH weather, I suppose!

heddlo replied on 22/08/2024 13:26

Posted on 22/08/2024 13:26

Well done for your grandson R&R, such a stressful time for children and their families!  I remember it well with our boys but it has to be done.  Enjoy the rest of your break away and hopefully the weather should settle down according to the forecast.  

Happy Birthday for yesterday Kj, hope you can get away in September as I’m sure you could do with a break.

We enjoy Sledmere Wherenext, the cafe is usually good as well, we live about 30 minutes away.  

Wherenext replied on 22/08/2024 13:46

Posted on 22/08/2024 13:46

Well done to those who passed the exams but I bet the most traumatic of the events Heddlo was the Taylor Swift concert! Nice touch of hers to have the children from Southport who managed to survive down to her concert at Wembley. BTW it's Ttda that enjoyed the cafe. Wish I was there to do so.laughing

Shopping first thing before the ladies had arisen. Don't mind the shopping but having to unpack it when I got home was a bit much! Words were had, but gentle ones served with a cup of tea.

It was like autumn gales up here last night. 40 mph winds, bins flying around, the Wood making a right racket. More forecast for tonight. Pity anyone in a tent.

Good to see Kj getting a day off, if only because of his birthday. Maybe you should have more "birthdays".

milliehull replied on 22/08/2024 14:17

Posted on 22/08/2024 14:17

Well done to your grandchildren who passed their GCSEs heddlo and R&R. We have heard from.both our grandchildren and they both did fantastically well. All exams passed with flying colours - lots of As, some A*s and a few A**s as well. There were a couple of Bs  - one for music for grandson - he has never been musical so we had no idea why he decided to take it, and a B for English Language for grand-daughter in N Ireland - well she is Irish! We are very proud of both of them.

Belated happy birthday KjellNN. I am pleasebd you got a day off and a nice evening meal.

heddlo Your post reminded me of the year many years ago when our daughter got her A level results and passed her driving test and eldest son got his O level results. We didnt have a Taylor Swift concert to contend with as well though but I seem to remember a Duran Duran concert somewhere in the mix!!

DEBSC replied on 22/08/2024 14:48

Posted on 22/08/2024 14:48

Congratulations to all grandchildren passing exams, a stressful time for them.

We ventured out today! Just to a nearby outlet centre for a couple of things for upcoming wedding. The very large car park which is usually quite empty was full! We had to go round twice, at which point OH did say, shall we just go home, but having gone there we did stay.Popped into our usual shop for a pasty, the lady serving in there that we know said, with a wink, if I’d known how bad it would be I’d have stayed in bed. Still I suppose it’s all good for local businesses. On local news last night that the emergency services are really struggling to cope with the influx. An ex colleague recently made me smile when she told me that she is training someone new, I trained her. She said one of the first things she told them was what I’d advised her years ago, to plan work and visits all year as much as you can in order that you can do mostly office work for the majority of August and not have to venture out too often. Only 10 more days to go and it will start to get back to normal.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook