What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

HelenandTrevor replied on 05/07/2024 20:23

Posted on 05/07/2024 20:23

Hope you have a lovely break in the lakes Wherenext we didn't manage to get up into the area this trip, it has been a good few years since we last went to the Lake District,  I think our youngest son was still holidaying with us. 🤔

Enjoy the music event Ttda .

Good news Oneputt re the car mot, my car is due an mot at the end of the month, but we know there are a few jobs need doing before it goes. 

nelliethehooker replied on 05/07/2024 21:30

Posted on 05/07/2024 21:30

Enjoy your time around Cartmel, WN. Hope that the weather is kind for your stay.

Hope that the next round of test are favourable for you, Goldie.

Glad you enjoyed your break around Arnside, Helen, and have a safe trip home.

Pleased to hear that your OH's car past it's MOT, OP. Have you another trip planned yet?

Fingers crossed that the weather improves enough for you to test your new pool, tda. Have a great time at the concert tomorrow night.

nelliethehooker replied on 05/07/2024 21:57

Posted on 05/07/2024 21:57

We have another fine warm sunny day,  and this morning we went to see Aldburgh Roman Town. By chance we were given an excellent guided tour by one of the local volunteers. Then after a walk around the village and a visit to the church we had lunch on the village green in the sunshine. In the afternoon we paid a short visit to Newby Hall  where we had a short walk around part of the estate but didn't venture into the garden or hall on this occasion. We have had a red sky this evening which bodes well for tomorrow. 

Oneputt replied on 05/07/2024 22:31

Posted on 05/07/2024 22:31

Pleased to hear that your OH's car past it's MOT, OP. Have you another trip planned yet?

Next trip starts 18 July and I’d for about 10 days, going to Bucks then on to Hampshire.  May even decide to extend the trip, we will have to see

Wherenext replied on 06/07/2024 19:30

Posted on 06/07/2024 19:30

Paid a visit to Holker Hall this morning. Bright and breezy but it warmed up.

Proud of MiL. She needs to walk with her 4 wheel shopping trolley but still insisted on climbing up to the top of the cascade, admittedly by zig-zag paths, but nevertheless it took an effort on her behalf to do it. She's nothing if not game. 

Impressed by the gardens and variety of trees. We didn't go into the house as MiL wouldn't be able to manage. We still spent all morning there. Onwards to Booths in Ulverston for vittels.

Sun still shining as I write. Did enjoy a bottle of Ennerdale Dark Bitter. Recommended if anyone in the area and see it.

nelliethehooker replied on 06/07/2024 21:37

Posted on 06/07/2024 21:37

Although rain had been forecast for today it has stayed fine, if a bit breezy, and warm when in the sun. It did look that those over on the North York Moors area were treated to some quite heavy showers. We had an easy tow up from Boroughbridge to a CL west of Masham which we haven't used before.

DEBSC replied on 07/07/2024 09:06

Posted on 07/07/2024 09:06

Remember going to Holker Hall years and years ago when we went on holiday with my Mum and Dad, I remember it being a lovely day out. Your MIL is to be praised Wherenext, for getting up and on with it after her stroke, as are you. Not easy as I know from our daughter in law who has done the same. I hope you all continue to enjoy your break.

We have an old large bbq at home, which we rarely use, due to its size and having to move it and gas bottle to use it, also OH not keen on the way it cooks. We have a small Webber bbq at the caravan, which we bought second hand from friends, which we use a lot. (Partly cos the caravan oven could be better) Big discussion on whether to change it has been going on all summer. Visit to local garden centre and at the door, special offer on Webber bbq, just slightly larger than one at caravan, and a free cover. Last one left. OH quickly checked if any cheaper anywhere on internet and no. So within 2 minutes of arriving we purchased it. Quickest purchase ever made, but a good deal. Now looking up bbq recipes. But it’s pouring down at present. 

Takethedogalong replied on 07/07/2024 11:44

Posted on 07/07/2024 11:44

What an evening we had yesterday😁 and all ten minutes from home. Wandered across our local big park, got our free tickets into concert arena, watched second, half, extra time, penalties on big screen. A refreshing beer shower🤣 then found our viewing spot for the music. Some lovely festival/street food on the go, and then the music was excellent. Local band who have made good, vowed to come back and put an event on for local folks, and they didn’t half deliver. Sort of Kaiser Chief/Arctic Monkey sound. I was really impressed with the event organisation, it’s a place where I spent part of my working life organising big events, and so pleased that the town can still deliver, much better than in my day.👏👏👏 Drone shot of early afternoon, then stage photo from later in evening.

Nice days for you WN and Nellie, and a bargain for DEBSC👏👏

Wherenext replied on 07/07/2024 11:54

Posted on 07/07/2024 11:54

In a way I was glad it was raining this morning. Stopped her ladyship from pretending she wasn't tired.wink

It's cleared up now so we might venture out after lunch. For some reason I feel quite at home driving 5 miles down single track roads with few passing places.surprised I feel that there should be a CL around here somewhere.laughing

Sounds like a smashing night Ttda.

Glad you got your bargain DEBSC. Thank you for your kind words. We just do what seems natural but I know what you mean.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook