What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Francis replied on 07/07/2024 19:14

Posted on 07/07/2024 19:14

We arrived in Somerset early this afternoon got set up ok awning up etc nice sunny weather we took a wander to the pub at the end of the lane and had a couple of drinks out in the beer garden such a nice day. Left home late afternoon on Friday and stayed at our usual CL near Carlisle then yesterday made our way down to Chapel Lane just south of Birmingham our usual stop off on way south. Easy 2 hour tow down here today M5 not busy. Weather here looking promising so fingers crossed. Nothing planned yet but there is lots to do in this area

Hope everyone else has had a nice weekend 

nelliethehooker replied on 07/07/2024 21:37

Posted on 07/07/2024 21:37

Your MIL did very well yesterday, WN, and I am sure she appreciated the restful start to the day today. Hope that the weather picked up and your were able to get out and about in the afternoon. 

It looks as if you had a grand time, if a little bit of a damp one, last night, tda.  There certainly  seemed a grand turnout for the concert, helped perhaps by the match being shown on the big screen.

Sounds as if you got a bargain, Debs, and that you can make good use of it this summer.

Enjoy your stay in Somerset, Francis. Club Site or CL?

It has again stayed fine for most of the day, with just a couple of very short light showers, and we now have a clear sky again. Took a drive over the moors, where we had a couple of miles walk, to Lofthouse for lunch and a short walk up to How Stean Gorge. Stopped  off to view the Leeds Old Pals memorial above Leighton Reservoir.

Francis replied on 07/07/2024 22:45

Posted on 07/07/2024 22:45

Club site just outside Weston Nellie. We do use CLs quite a bit but like the bigger sites for our main holiday.  Glad to see your latest trip is going well 

WN. Glad to read MIL is doing well 

Oneputt replied on 07/07/2024 22:50

Posted on 07/07/2024 22:50

Had to take grandson Luke for a Karate assessment today, he passed and received his Brown/Black belt, now he has to wait 8 years before assessment for Black belt.  Sophie, in the meantime had a football practice session at Norwich Cities practice ground 

Tinwheeler replied on 07/07/2024 22:53

Posted on 07/07/2024 22:53

Hurn Lane at Berrow, Francis? If so take your car on the beach foc in the early evening after the parky has gone home.👍

Wherenext replied on 08/07/2024 09:16

Posted on 08/07/2024 09:16

Have to make the most of the day as the weather looks changeable for the rest of the week. Beautiful morning here. Waiting for the ladies to sort themselves out.

Off to Levens Hall. Might have one or two topiary photos later.smile

Enjoy the day wherever you are. 

milliehull replied on 08/07/2024 10:31

Posted on 08/07/2024 09:16 by Wherenext

Have to make the most of the day as the weather looks changeable for the rest of the week. Beautiful morning here. Waiting for the ladies to sort themselves out.

Posted on 08/07/2024 10:31

Enjoy Levens Hall WN. We went a few years a go when staying at Meathop Fell site and absolutely loved it. Looking forward to seeing your topiary photos.

Started off a lovely sunny morning here but the clouds are bubbling up now. I am off with my secateurs to tackle our garden which has gone berserk with all the rain. New dishwasher arriving from JL later today - hooray! - hopefully we can stop washing up by hand. Ours died about a week before we went away. The same week as the tumble drier died frown . We have had to get our plumber to fit a isolator tap so that the dishwasher can be fitted - new rules apparently. 

Francis replied on 08/07/2024 10:38

Posted on 08/07/2024 10:38

Thanks for the tip TW

Rain here this morning but weather looking promising for the rest of the week we shall see how that turns out. Not a lot planned for today as we have been on the road a lot over the past couple of days so hoping to just relax today

Goldie146 replied on 08/07/2024 11:02

Posted on 08/07/2024 09:16 by Wherenext

Posted on 08/07/2024 11:02

I can highly reccomend the cakes from the Bakery there, and I'm reliably told the vegetarian breakfasts are spot on.

Takethedogalong replied on 08/07/2024 14:52

Posted on 08/07/2024 14:52

Somerset is lovely, have a good time Francis. Glad to hear things going well while away WN. I am assuming you have taken Camper? Great as a day out tourer?

Lots more done in Mum’s garden, the last rather neglected and difficult piece is looking really good now. Nothing spent yet, I even found a roll of thick anti weed membrane in her outhouse, so bark will be next. Got some plants doing well in my greenhouse for her. She will only be able to see photos though, cannot get her out into rear garden now.🥲

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook