What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Takethedogalong replied on 05/07/2024 12:07

Posted on 05/07/2024 08:02 by Rufs

you must be Johnny no mates, you not be told everybody has deserted CT due to lack of interest laughing

Joking, have voted but only because if you dont vote you have no say, but that is as much as i have done, result was a forgone conclusion, only check i will make is to see how many of the tories big guns are now toast

even the weather is past its sell by date this morning, grey skies and rain yell

Posted on 05/07/2024 12:07

Website went into essential maintenance mode seconds after I posted🤣

Takethedogalong replied on 05/07/2024 12:14

Posted on 05/07/2024 12:14

We both made 4am, and in truth I only went to bed because I had to be up and to Mum’s this morning. I love seeing the results come in, catching the stories. We had a WhatsApp session going with other family members who also stayed up. There was some very tactical voting going on, not all of it well thought out for the long term either, but that’s the beauty of our democracy. I’ve done overnight count sessions at work in the past, our big leisure centre was the count station. We have a very good, decent, moral local MP. Happily returned easily. 

DSB replied on 05/07/2024 12:16

Posted on 05/07/2024 11:03 by DavidKlyne

I persevered until 4.30am!!! For years I have stayed up to watch the results. Wanted to see what happened in MK (never an early result)  as there have been boundary changes and we now have three constituencies rather than two. The exit poll was reasonably accurate. They explained how they reach the figures. Apparent the select 130 constituencies and as people leave the polling station they give them another voting slip and ask them to vote again, so the exit poll is based of real votes rather than intended votes which tends to give a more accurate figure. No idea what constituencies they used, certainly wasn't our polling station.

David

Posted on 05/07/2024 12:16

We manged to stop up until around 5.30am...  😀   We've just had breakfast  and it's almost lunchtime....

David

Takethedogalong replied on 05/07/2024 14:02

Posted on 05/07/2024 12:16 by DSB

We manged to stop up until around 5.30am...  😀   We've just had breakfast  and it's almost lunchtime....

David

Posted on 05/07/2024 14:02

Ooo! You will have seen some of the “interesting” results. I threw in the towel after muting the TV when a certain dodgy character took to the microphone.🤣

DEBSC replied on 05/07/2024 16:35

Posted on 05/07/2024 16:35

We put the tv on in the bedroom but I fell asleep,woke up at 1.30am and OH had fallen asleep so I turned the tv off then. Then we laid in for a bit this morning watching what had happened. Son and family walked to their local pub to celebrate grandsons uni results after they had all voted, 5 of them, youngest twos first time, and son said they mostly all voted differently, which is what democracy is all about.

Takethedogalong replied on 05/07/2024 18:24

Posted on 05/07/2024 18:24

I am sat in garden listening to bands testing equipment, practising, having fun for tomorrow’s big music event. I suspect most of the town will be able to hear it as well! Looking forward to going, only need England to win tomorrow, and it will have been a cracking week……free tickets, election results, Cav breaking record for Tour wins, and I have an extra day off tomorrow🤗🥳

And our pool has come, just in time for some rainy days🤣

HelenandTrevor replied on 05/07/2024 18:34

Posted on 05/07/2024 18:34

Last day of our holiday today and it been the best day weather wise, mostly sunny and the wind has finally dropped, phew! I did think the awning might take off at one point but it stayed put. 

We spotted a poster in the local pub on Sunday for a music night this Wednesday, so thought we would give it a try. So glad we did,turned out it is a regular twice monthly event when musicians from the area get together to play, guitars and violin this week and sing. We had a real mix of music folk,pop Irish, even the locals sing along. We ended up having a really enjoyable evening. 

Spent a lovely day yesterday mooching around Kirkby Lonsdale and the area and today we had a walk along the Warton Coastline before stocking up with goodies in Booth's in Carnforth. I discovered they do a Lakeland plum loaf which is delicious 😋 so just had to have one to take home😉

We've decided to break the journey home at the same CL as on the way up, might hang on and do the last leg of the M6 later on Sunday, think there is a football match on so the motorway might be quiet 🤔

Sorry to read your still not TB clear Goldie, hope things improve soon.

Didn't watch any of the results last night, just checked out the results this morning, no great surprise 😲 

Wherenext replied on 05/07/2024 19:29

Posted on 05/07/2024 19:29

Well, we went to bed at the same time as normal last night as I needed to be alert enough to drive us to the Lakes. Mind, I probably would have decided to miss the results anyway. I couldn't change anything and I need my beauty sleep.smile

Broke the journey up by stopping at Ruffed Old Hall, just south of Preston, mainly to stretch the legs and grab a bite to eat. Never been before. Had to miss out on the hall itself as MiL wouldn't have managed it.

We were thinking of Goldie as we called into Low Sizergh Farm for some refreshments and cheese. Sorry to hear the news, albeit slightly better than last time.

Sounds like an excellent break Helen.

And finally did you make a typing error OneP? 54 miles? Surely not.smile

Oneputt replied on 05/07/2024 19:48

Posted on 05/07/2024 19:29 by Wherenext

Well, we went to bed at the same time as normal last night as I needed to be alert enough to drive us to the Lakes. Mind, I probably would have decided to miss the results anyway. I couldn't change anything and I need my beauty sleep.smile

Broke the journey up by stopping at Ruffed Old Hall, just south of Preston, mainly to stretch the legs and grab a bite to eat. Never been before. Had to miss out on the hall itself as MiL wouldn't have managed it.

We were thinking of Goldie as we called into Low Sizergh Farm for some refreshments and cheese. Sorry to hear the news, albeit slightly better than last time.

Sounds like an excellent break Helen.

And finally did you make a typing error OneP? 54 miles? Surely not.smile

Posted on 05/07/2024 19:48

Well spotted WN, the K is missing, should be 54Ksurprised

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook