What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Bakers2 replied on 04/07/2024 22:09

Posted on 04/07/2024 22:09

Well I can't see my riveting post. With photos 🤬🤬. I get server errors, this page or page 1. Can't get the page numbers up on my phone so can't try that,  they don't appear on server error pages.....

Maybe we should start a new thread??  

This assumes someone can read this!

Takethedogalong replied on 04/07/2024 23:11

Posted on 04/07/2024 23:11

Anyone else still up watching election result programmes? I have a “Portillo moment” list awaiting ticking off, although a few have jumped ship rather than drown😁

Rufs replied on 05/07/2024 08:02

Posted on 04/07/2024 23:11 by Takethedogalong

Anyone else still up watching election result programmes? I have a “Portillo moment” list awaiting ticking off, although a few have jumped ship rather than drown😁

Posted on 05/07/2024 08:02

you must be Johnny no mates, you not be told everybody has deserted CT due to lack of interest laughing

Joking, have voted but only because if you dont vote you have no say, but that is as much as i have done, result was a forgone conclusion, only check i will make is to see how many of the tories big guns are now toast

even the weather is past its sell by date this morning, grey skies and rain yell

Bakers2 replied on 05/07/2024 08:17

Posted on 05/07/2024 08:02 by Rufs

you must be Johnny no mates, you not be told everybody has deserted CT due to lack of interest laughing

Joking, have voted but only because if you dont vote you have no say, but that is as much as i have done, result was a forgone conclusion, only check i will make is to see how many of the tories big guns are now toast

even the weather is past its sell by date this morning, grey skies and rain yell

Posted on 05/07/2024 08:17

Exactly right. Accept on the weather, grey and cold here but dry 🤞

I've got the hump as my post, with photos on the no go page..I should have copied the text before posting. Might summon the energy to repost later.......

Enjoy your day folks

Bakers2 replied on 05/07/2024 08:20

Posted on 05/07/2024 08:20

Fear my latest one "lost". Not appearing here ir last activity. Must give the system time to catch up before shouting?

3 minutes to appear.......... And like buses both arrive at once!

Goldie146 replied on 05/07/2024 08:45

Posted on 05/07/2024 08:45

Yesterday was the “reading” day of our latest  TB test. We’re still not clear, so are still locked down (as far as being unable to move or sell stock) but the result was much better than last time. There were 3 “inconclusives” which have to be isolated, and one grand old cow that was inconclusive for the second time, so will be going as soon as the paperwork comes through. Some blood tests next Monday to help us decide on the next step.

In other news, I would have liked to have stayed up to watch the Election results come in, but could only manage as far as the first declaration. Reading about it all this morning I wish I had made the effort. 

We all went to vote after milking last night, and this morning I removed the poster from the front door. 

RedKite replied on 05/07/2024 09:11

Posted on 05/07/2024 09:11

OH came to bed at 2am and I was asleep.

Hope you have some good news soon Goldie must be a worrying time for you.

We went to our friends yesterday as they needed help with basic planning approval for their new windows they want to install and their main computer is windows so not OH's favourite but did managed to get things sorted and they now know what to put on the form, and our friend was a lot better yesterday 1st day without having a nap in the afternoon and next Monday she has a PET Scan then Tuesday see the anaesthetist and then on Wednesday to see the Consultant/Surgeon as they are both at Toulouse Cancer hospital they have book into a local Hotel for 1 night as too much travelling about so hope all goes well for her.

Washing is getting done today as we have a storm tonight and all day tomorrow hmm not keen on that weather news.

milliehull replied on 05/07/2024 10:43

Posted on 05/07/2024 10:43

Hooray - I have got on here at last!!

We didn't stay up late last night just long enough to hear the 'Exit Polls' although where they get those from I have no idea.  There was no attempt to see our polling cards outside our polling station yesterday just a lot of people with rossettes on having a chat amongst themselves.  In days gone by I used to go and watch the count and be there for the result - mind you the polls closed much earlier in those days.

We watched the Murrary brothers on centre court last night. It was so sad to see them lose but such a lovely tribute to Andy Murray afterwasrds and also lovely to see Sue Barker leading the tributes.

Best of luck Goldie. Such a worrying and difficult time for you.

DavidKlyne replied on 05/07/2024 11:03

Posted on 05/07/2024 11:03

I persevered until 4.30am!!! For years I have stayed up to watch the results. Wanted to see what happened in MK (never an early result)  as there have been boundary changes and we now have three constituencies rather than two. The exit poll was reasonably accurate. They explained how they reach the figures. Apparent the select 130 constituencies and as people leave the polling station they give them another voting slip and ask them to vote again, so the exit poll is based of real votes rather than intended votes which tends to give a more accurate figure. No idea what constituencies they used, certainly wasn't our polling station.

David

Oneputt replied on 05/07/2024 11:21

Posted on 05/07/2024 11:21

Washed the van yesterday and took Mrs Ones car for MOT this morning, a pass with no advisories. I brought the car at 1 year old, so it’s 15 years old with 54 miles on the clock, very reliable.

When we got to the polling station yesterday 4 different activists outside wanting to see our cards, I agreed if they would answer one question each.  I then made my mind up who to vote for laughing

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook