What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DavidKlyne replied on 25/06/2024 12:23

Posted on 25/06/2024 09:25 by DSB

Hot day yesterday, so outdoor jobs restricted to a quick sweep upand a tip run.  Spent most of the day on concert programmes + taking the caravan in fir warranty work.

• Another warm day today.  Now sitting in the car park of George Eliot Hospital, waiting for Carol who has gone for a hip injection!

David

Posted on 25/06/2024 12:23

David

Is this the first injection Carol has had? Margaret was told she would have one but when she got to the appointment they said there was no point as she needed a hip replacement! Her pain is getting no better and painkillers only have a limited impact on the pain. She has an x-ray on Thursday which might push the process on a bit more?

David

heddlo replied on 25/06/2024 17:18

Posted on 25/06/2024 12:23 by DavidKlyne

David

Is this the first injection Carol has had? Margaret was told she would have one but when she got to the appointment they said there was no point as she needed a hip replacement! Her pain is getting no better and painkillers only have a limited impact on the pain. She has an x-ray on Thursday which might push the process on a bit more?

David

Posted on 25/06/2024 17:18

I didn’t get an injection either David as my hip joint had no space in which they could put an injection!  The femur had started to wear away the hip socket and, apparently, they need a clear space between them to insert the needle.  I’m sure Margaret’s X ray will give more information.  Fingers crossed for her that she doesn’t have too long a wait. 

milliehull replied on 25/06/2024 20:50

Posted on 25/06/2024 20:50

So sorry to hear that your grand-daughter is poorly again DEBSC. I do hope she recovers enough to go back to Uni in the not too distant future.

I hope your OH gets some news about her hip at her forthcoming appt DavidK. OH's 18 year old 'new hip' is failing fast and is csusing him a lot of trouble and pain. He has an appt with the physio at our GP surgery when we get home next week and we shall see how things go from there.... if at all🤔

We found somewhere completely new to us today - Hindringham Hall gardens. They are absolutely glorious, especially in this lovely weather.

Wherenext replied on 25/06/2024 20:52

Posted on 25/06/2024 20:52

I really shouldn't be this tired as I've not done a great deal of physical work today. Sure, I had an hour or so of trimming hedges that needed tidying up, the worst bit being the clearing up afterwards but the rest of the afternoon merely spent doing admin jobs.

I can only put it down to the weather being humid. We did get some sun to go with the humidity after lunch but it's mostly been overcast.

Mrs WN spent 3 hours this afternoon trying to help neighbours join the 21st. Century on their computer which hasn't been updated for nearly 20 years. 

Wherenext replied on 25/06/2024 20:55

Posted on 25/06/2024 20:55

Beautiful photos Millie. It's ages since we've been there. I couldn't believe there was somewhere in that area that you hadn't been to before.laughing

Bakers2 replied on 25/06/2024 21:21

Posted on 25/06/2024 21:21

Beautiful photos milliehull.  Sky sets them off..... I've never heard of Hindringham Hall, I'll Google in a bit.

Wherenext I'm sure you'll find the weather has a great bearing on how you're feeling. We had overcast hot yesterday and to us it felt humid. OH did nothing and I did bare minimum. Today its been hotter, 28 but nice blue sky. Dog walk warm warm starting at 0630. We both had more energy, but still did little. It's such a sudden change.

Sorry to hear folks suffering with hips etc. Wishing you some relief.

Been a busy evening, grand dog arrived soon after 1900 with son. Quick drop off, he'd gone by 1915. Got to stop at local Coop for dinner on way home. Pack, MIL arriving and all be out by 0400. Grandson got up at 0500 again.

Set the timer to video call younger grand daughter for their 0730. She called first so birthday greetings/thanks exchanged whilst munching breakfast. Where have those 8 years gone? Really sad to think we've not seen her since she was 20 months.

Happy holiday KjellNN 

Watching the sewing bee. Actually not enjoying this series. They seem to be asking for too much in far too short a time and nothing ends up wearable. Especially when they're encouraging recycling. Also far too much rubbish banter and time filling. 

DavidKlyne replied on 25/06/2024 21:56

Posted on 25/06/2024 17:18 by heddlo

I didn’t get an injection either David as my hip joint had no space in which they could put an injection!  The femur had started to wear away the hip socket and, apparently, they need a clear space between them to insert the needle.  I’m sure Margaret’s X ray will give more information.  Fingers crossed for her that she doesn’t have too long a wait. 

Posted on 25/06/2024 21:56

Thanks Heddlo

I can see that makes sense. She had previously had a Scan on her hip and perhaps it was the detail on that was the reason they said what they said? She goes on Thursday for her x-ray. A company called Ravenscroft are dealing with it, on behalf of the NHS. They have a small hospital in MK where they  can do hip operations but there is some doubt whether they would be prepared to do it as Margaret has had a Heart Bypass and they have no emergency set-up which probably means she will have to have it done in Milton Keynes Hospital and that is probably where the delay will occur?

Millie

My hip is now 14 years old. Its been brilliant for most of that time and I do get pain in it now and again. However I am not sure if its the hip causing the pain in the knee or the knee causing the pain in the hip. As its fairly intermittent I am hoping its the knee causing it!!!

David

heddlo replied on 26/06/2024 08:24

Posted on 25/06/2024 21:21 by Bakers2

Beautiful photos milliehull.  Sky sets them off..... I've never heard of Hindringham Hall, I'll Google in a bit.

Wherenext I'm sure you'll find the weather has a great bearing on how you're feeling. We had overcast hot yesterday and to us it felt humid. OH did nothing and I did bare minimum. Today its been hotter, 28 but nice blue sky. Dog walk warm warm starting at 0630. We both had more energy, but still did little. It's such a sudden change.

Sorry to hear folks suffering with hips etc. Wishing you some relief.

Been a busy evening, grand dog arrived soon after 1900 with son. Quick drop off, he'd gone by 1915. Got to stop at local Coop for dinner on way home. Pack, MIL arriving and all be out by 0400. Grandson got up at 0500 again.

Set the timer to video call younger grand daughter for their 0730. She called first so birthday greetings/thanks exchanged whilst munching breakfast. Where have those 8 years gone? Really sad to think we've not seen her since she was 20 months.

Happy holiday KjellNN 

Watching the sewing bee. Actually not enjoying this series. They seem to be asking for too much in far too short a time and nothing ends up wearable. Especially when they're encouraging recycling. Also far too much rubbish banter and time filling. 

Posted on 26/06/2024 08:24

I’m glad it’s not just me feeling that way about Sewing Bee Bakers2,  I realise we all need to be more waste aware but it seems quite a lot of what they make don’t look good at all. Could I do it? Absolutely not……. but!!!  

I’ve also never heard of Hindringham Hall Millie, it looks beautiful.  We are having a week in Norfolk in September so thank you for the information, we shall add it to our visiting list. 

It seems a little cooler here this morning so we hope for a fresher feeling day, we are off to the seaside for the day so will be cooler there anyway.

milliehull replied on 26/06/2024 09:32

Posted on 26/06/2024 09:32

Sadly I am not enjoying Sewing Bee as much as usual either. As you say too much to do and having to rush to try and finish. Nothing really wearable at the end. Such a shame as I usually love it. I will catch up with it when we get home

heddlo Just a 'heads up' '- Hindringham Hall is only open on Tuesday afternoons and Wednesday mornings. They are HHA and have a good website.

We have woken to a thick sea mist - or sea fret - this morning so we have no view!

Bakers2 replied on 26/06/2024 10:54

Posted on 26/06/2024 10:54

Oh I'm so glad it's not just me with the sewing bee. I thought last nights, sorry milliehull, had just a couple of wearable items and they'd needed a lot more attention! 

I hope your seamist clears milliehull. We had rather misty conditions about 5am, but on the higher ground rather than lower. For all those not on the edge of the Fens, yes we do have higher bits 🤣🤣. It's cleared now and just pleasant 22 and slight air movement.well I'm sitting in the shade not doing much! Walked tge dogs, just a road walk at 0630 very warm then. Grand dog has hip issues, obviously don't hurt as she'll walk with you however far, or take off on the farm is she gets a scent 🫣 but pays for it later. She's almost 12 and despite the golden retriever mum having clear hop score I think it's hereditary. 

Right back to 'holiday' mode.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook