What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DavidKlyne replied on 29/03/2024 15:52

Posted on 29/03/2024 15:52

Test

Edit, it seems the previous page is stuck. So I have added a series of Test posts to move the thread onto the next page. Fingers crossed it works!!!!!

David

RedKite replied on 29/03/2024 16:59

Posted on 29/03/2024 16:59

Thank you David I wondered what had happened.

Can I wish everybody a good Easter weekend even if the weather not good usual Bank holiday, we have storms forecast for the weekend and off to friends for lunch on Sunday as they have just returned from UK as they have had a trying time over winter what with illness and the death of our friend's father this January and a lot to sort out.

A lot of motorhomes about today the most I have seen since last October.

A quick trip to Villefranche to order some more glasses for me 1 pair not enough cheaper ones this time and a bit of shopping and quite folk buying ready for the weekend and seems folk were buying a lot of toilet rolls heyho.

Oneputt replied on 30/03/2024 07:22

Posted on 30/03/2024 07:22

A long and frustrating tow down to Hampshire on Thursday.  The number of broken down cars on the A34 was incredible.  We left Norfolk in bright sunshine and little wind, that quickly changed around Bedford, heavy rain and wind blowing.  Couldn’t believe how strong the wind was when we got to Rookesbury.  Met up with the family and had an Indian meal. Tonight is the fancy dress party, really looking forward to it 

Takethedogalong replied on 30/03/2024 11:25

Posted on 30/03/2024 11:25

Have a good time OP, let us know what some of the outfits were like. Last themed party I went to was a 1940’s do for a 90 year old at Wentworth Woodhouse. Absolutely fabulous.

Final prep for wedding we are off to tomorrow, looking forward to this. Always nice to see scattered family members, and location is lovely.

Rufs replied on 30/03/2024 14:16

Posted on 30/03/2024 07:22 by Oneputt

A long and frustrating tow down to Hampshire on Thursday.  The number of broken down cars on the A34 was incredible.  We left Norfolk in bright sunshine and little wind, that quickly changed around Bedford, heavy rain and wind blowing.  Couldn’t believe how strong the wind was when we got to Rookesbury.  Met up with the family and had an Indian meal. Tonight is the fancy dress party, really looking forward to it 

Posted on 30/03/2024 14:16

Not good, but look at you now, i have just cycled into Lee on the Solent and it it gorgeous, 14 degrees wall to wall sunshine, so Rookesbury must be very very nice, i often walk in 100 acre wood, although it has gottern very busy of late, we are having a family get together today, just contemplating whether i should dash into the village to get something for a bbq, very nice sat in the garden out of the wind, top tanning weather laughing

Wherenext replied on 30/03/2024 15:51

Posted on 30/03/2024 15:51

Well this is a surprise. Thanks DK. I remember doing something similar a while back on another thread but with so many server errors around just thought it was that reason.

Another big surprise. I've taken the last 2 days, mostly mornings, to clean the caravan, even part of the roof that I could safely reach. green algae everywhere, including on me at the end.smile Still haven't found the cleaning brush that attaches to the pole.

All we got to do now is find some time to get away.

Happy Easter everyone. Enjoy your days away/out for those that have engagements.

milliehull replied on 30/03/2024 16:29

Posted on 30/03/2024 16:29

Thanks for sorting this out david K.

We are in N. Ireland with the family for Easter. It has been nearly a year since we have been able to get over here with OH's ill health so it is great to be back. The weather is surprisingly good so we have managed some lovely walks in the mild sunshine. I attach a few photos. We also had a very nice meal out with the family last night.

I hope you enjoy your fancy dress party OP and you enjoy your wedding tda.

Happy Easter everyone.

Bakers2 replied on 30/03/2024 19:36

Posted on 30/03/2024 19:36

Thank you for sorting this thread DavidKlyne. One had to get onto the thread to use that 'trick'. Well done.

Happy Easter everyone. 

Beautiful photos milliehull - the sky looks fabulous and so clear.

Wherenext I've emailed you, but might not be the right address!

Just returned from a lovely family day out. My crew and my brothers 13 of us, not as unlucky as it sounds as 14 growing nicely inside daughter in law 😉. Audley End miniature railway and fairy glen. Weather played ball too. Dry underfoot, sunny and mild. Celebrated niece's birthday too, 2 lots of cakes 😀 one her hubby made with candles. Mine were just individual ones as I wasn't sure, easier to transport and eat on the go. Candled one back at their campervan in the carpark.

I'm longing for the rain to ease but now I learned that after our grassed areas have been scarifier, aerated and treated on Wednesday they will need 30-40 minutes watering daily or 2 weeks if it doesn't rain! We have 3 grassed areas so guess what my thoughts are?My daughter in law and I are at odds on weather. She needs to get the crops in! I want them in, because I want to eat but.....

Other half discharged from the cardiac clinic 😀 unless he has issues, contact direct to be seen. However swapped for oral clinic. Fingers crossed all to be sorted in June. Fabulous service from GP and NHS here.

Delighted to say the bats were out hunting this evening. Still light at 7pm. Don't forget clock change overnight, darker first thing for a while but light evenings. Just need some warmth and moisture 😉, see earlier

nelliethehooker replied on 30/03/2024 21:56

Posted on 30/03/2024 21:56

Good news about your OH, B2, hope that t'other problem gets sorted soon. Sounds As if you had a lovely time with your family at Audley End.

Great photos, Millie, glad that you are having a good time over in NI.

Pleased to read that you are feeling fit enough to clean your caravan, WN.

Enjoy your special days out tomorrow, OP and tda.

It has been a successful couple of days with sorting out our next trip, as we have been able to book all the sites we wanted, up to now at least. The weather has been generally good with lots of sunshine but we have had the occasional short shower as well.

DSB replied on 31/03/2024 12:41

Posted on 31/03/2024 12:41

Happy Easter to one and all.  Thanks for sorting the 'error page' DavidK.  We're off out for a pub lunch today - it's been ages since we've done this....

DavId

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook