What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Takethedogalong replied on 01/04/2024 10:11

Posted on 01/04/2024 10:11

Lovely little Herdwicks. Costumes sound great Oneputt, good ideas. Happy Bday to MIL WN, give her our best wishes.

Wedding was really nice yesterday, interesting venue, great food, lots of happy, lovely people. We took MH, arrived early and got changed in there. Hound was fine, he had a good day. Venue staff came out to check we were bonafide guests, but OH in his fancy tweed suit managed to persuade them all was ok. They were nice, do right to be cautious. Glad rags away now until next one. (Next year, new hat🤣)

Cold and wet here today. I am back up at Mum’s.

Wherenext replied on 01/04/2024 13:56

Posted on 01/04/2024 13:56

Great photo Goldie. My SiLs cousin used to farm them further into the Lakes. He said they are obstinate creatures when confined and he was always grateful after lambing to release them back onto the hills.

Glad the wedding went well Ttda. We had a quiet day by recent standards yesterday but she seemed to enjoy it. I recorded a programme that was on over Christmas about Wild Scandinavia and in typical fashion forgot all about it. We're not big tele fans. Found it yesterday and showed a portion of it to MiL. A Norwegian lady likes to Base Jump from the cliffs above the fjords. I asked MiL whether she fancied it. She said she might do but if she did it would be without a parachute! (Maybe I'm annoying her todaysmile).

Chucking it down. I decided to get the food shop in early so was at Tesco for opening time this morning.

milliehull replied on 01/04/2024 15:17

Posted on 01/04/2024 15:17

Grey and a bit damp here today. Son and I took a turn round the village with the dogs this morning and had a chat to one or two people. He also filled me in with some of the local gossip! I am just watching the ferry going across the lough. Not much else happening on the water today. Grand-daughter is busy revising for her upcoming gcse exams. Not sure what grandson is doing.

Glad the wedding went well tda.

Hope you have a safe journey home helen and trevor and that the traffic isn't too bad.

DavidKlyne replied on 01/04/2024 15:34

Posted on 01/04/2024 15:34

Been quite a nice sunny day here in MK. I have just washed the car which was badly needed and done a bit of gardening which I am way behind on. Having terrible trouble with my right knee at the moment. Even the strong painkillers the doctor gave me don't seem to be working. Tried an ice pack which is fine whilst in place but soon wears off. I have today resorted to a heavy neoprene physio knee support. It has provided some relief but not all the time and not particularly comfortable!

David  

RedKite replied on 01/04/2024 15:54

Posted on 01/04/2024 15:54

Had a good meal with our friends yesterday and caught all news whilst in UK and they will be busy next week as 1 of them is off to UK by plane to collect mother in law and bring her back to here and will be collected by her son from Toulouse airport then here for a fortnight and then the same journey back not bad for a 92 year old  and will help her as she lost her husband of 70 years in January, we are off to them this week for 2 nights as they have a water leak from one of their toilets so a new toilet to insert and all the work that goes with it and they have to get it done as they will be opening the B&B from May and full for that month.

Weather was sunny but a bit cool this morning a bit of washing got dried outside and more to do tomorrow, we have just had a short thunderstorm and rain but sun now back out again.

Not much going on around here for Easter Monday very quiet but back to normal tomorrow.

Francis replied on 01/04/2024 17:04

Posted on 01/04/2024 17:04

Not been to bad a day here yesterday was also nice too bright and sunny really feeling properly like spring now.

Spent a couple of hours today valeting and polishing the car looks really nice now gave the seats a clean with some leather cleaner. Not much else planned today it’s got a bit cold outside now

HelenandTrevor replied on 01/04/2024 19:10

Posted on 31/03/2024 19:06 by Oneputt

Another fab day weather wise.  Fancy dress party was really good, Mrs One went as Andy Pandy (made her own costume including hat) and I went as Rupert Bear.  Some there thought a 6 foot + bear was a little intimidating. Now back on site so he’d a wander, not many empty pitches

Posted on 01/04/2024 19:10

Glad you enjoyed the party,  I remember many years ago OH and I went to a fancy dress party as Andy Pandy & Looby Loo.  

HelenandTrevor replied on 01/04/2024 19:43

Posted on 01/04/2024 19:43

Lovely lambs Goldie hope they do well.

We arrived home this afternoon, journey was uneventful and roads were fairly quiet. Had a lovely fews days away, visited Kinver Edge and the rock houses, very interesting, and lots of lovely walks in the area. Never seen the area so wet and the River Severn was very fast flowing and high.

Caravan has been emptied and some of the washing done. Both car and caravan are very dirty and will need a clean, if we get a dry day.

Sorry the pain killers aren't working too well DK,  hope the pain eases off soon.

Glad your next trip plans are going well Nellie, where are you heading off to this time? 

nelliethehooker replied on 01/04/2024 20:26

Posted on 01/04/2024 20:26

where are you heading off to this time? 

Helen, as anticipated by WN we are returning to Scotland when we go.

David, sorry to read that you have pain in your knee, which eases with the neoprene support. OH has a similar problem and uses a support whenever we go out walking.

Goldie, lovely photo of the Hardwick twins

Glad you were cleared by the staff to go into the wedding, especially after all the hard work you put in getting ready for it, tda. The whole event sounds like a grand occasion.

It looks as if you have been busy again, Kjell. Hope your holiday goes well, where are you heading this time?

Our weather has been rather mixed today, very much that experience by most on here. We have not done very much apart from going on our usual walks.

vbfg replied on 02/04/2024 09:16

Posted on 01/04/2024 10:11 by Takethedogalong

Lovely little Herdwicks. Costumes sound great Oneputt, good ideas. Happy Bday to MIL WN, give her our best wishes.

Wedding was really nice yesterday, interesting venue, great food, lots of happy, lovely people. We took MH, arrived early and got changed in there. Hound was fine, he had a good day. Venue staff came out to check we were bonafide guests, but OH in his fancy tweed suit managed to persuade them all was ok. They were nice, do right to be cautious. Glad rags away now until next one. (Next year, new hat🤣)

Cold and wet here today. I am back up at Mum’s.

Posted on 02/04/2024 09:16

Glad you enjoyed the wedding.  The last "formal" wedding that I went to was the evening reception of a work colleague, held in a fancy hotel and the food was  either a sausage balmcake or a beefburger and the wedding "cake" was an iced cup cake. I was told at the time that it was the "in" thing, but it appears that, luckily, it has never caught on!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook