What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Wherenext replied on 10/03/2024 12:21

Posted on 10/03/2024 12:21

Good to hear from you Helen. Happy Mothers Day to all mums. Fortunately we are able to celebrate it with MiL at home.

Really grateful to all those who delivered or sent flowers. Saved us having to buy any!laughing She doesn't like chocolates either! And we can't take her out at the moment. One of the best Mothers Day I can recall.πŸ˜‚ She seems happy enough to just be at home.

Hope everyone in best of health.

Francis replied on 10/03/2024 18:46

Posted on 10/03/2024 18:46

Decent day today had a lazy morning in the van then headed in to Southport in the afternoon not great weather it was drizzly rain but SWMBO went round the shops and I took a 2 mile each way walk along the shore front very nice walk even on the rain. Met up back in town with SWMBO and we had a quick drink in the Wetherspoons before coming back to site. Thinking about taking a walk down to the pub in the village but the rain is currently battering  off the roof so will see if it stops.

Hope everyone else has had a nice weekend

milliehull replied on 10/03/2024 18:47

Posted on 10/03/2024 18:47

We returned from a lovely few days at the coast a couple of days ago. It was so lovely to be away as we hadn't been anywhere for months for various reasons (ill health mostly πŸ€’). We stayed in a lovely pub/hotel with such friendly, helpful staff and excellent food. So good to have a breath of sea air and also a visit to one of my favourite walled gardens. We were also very lucky with the weather - no rain and also some sun. I celebrated Mother's Day yesterday as our daughter was helping out at a swimming gala in Luton that our grandson was involved with today. She and our local son came to ours with their families for tea and cake. Our daughter made a cake and brought flowers and there were also more flowers from our sons. The house now looks like a florists!

Glad to hear that MIL is enjoying being at home for Mother's Day WN. The best present she could have I'm sure. Your day out with your little granddaughter yesterday sounds lovely Helen. You certainly chose the best day for weather. Today has been dismal. Hope everyone has had a good day despite the weather.

Tammygirl replied on 10/03/2024 19:36

Posted on 10/03/2024 19:36

Lovely Mother's day this year, eldest son and wife came up to see their 2 teens at QV school where they board. 

Today was Old Victorians day (ex pupils) and parade. Both our grandchildren had parts in the parade. Eldest granddaughter was a 'guard' commander and her brother had his first parade as drum major. Very proud parents and grandparents.

We all went out for lunch afterwards. Granddaughters boyfriend came through from the west coast to see her. Think he was pretty impressed with the school and parade. 

Good to hear others have had a good Mother's day. 

Weather was dull and cold but it was dry for the parade. 

Back to work tomorrow decorating the living room. Ceiling and coving tomorrow then walls on Tuesday. Be glad to get it finished and the house back in order. We need to get on with other things only 6 weeks until we head off to Italy.

milliehull replied on 10/03/2024 21:59

Posted on 10/03/2024 19:36 by Tammygirl

Lovely Mother's day this year, eldest son and wife came up to see their 2 teens at QV school where they board. 

Today was Old Victorians day (ex pupils) and parade. Both our grandchildren had parts in the parade. Eldest granddaughter was a 'guard' commander and her brother had his first parade as drum major. Very proud parents and grandparents.

We all went out for lunch afterwards. Granddaughters boyfriend came through from the west coast to see her. Think he was pretty impressed with the school and parade. 

Good to hear others have had a good Mother's day. 

Weather was dull and cold but it was dry for the parade. 

Back to work tomorrow decorating the living room. Ceiling and coving tomorrow then walls on Tuesday. Be glad to get it finished and the house back in order. We need to get on with other things only 6 weeks until we head off to Italy.

Posted on 10/03/2024 21:59

Sounds like a lovely Mother's Day TG. Well done to your grandchildren. You must have been very proud of them.

nelliethehooker replied on 10/03/2024 22:02

Posted on 10/03/2024 22:02

Sorry to read that you are not yet clear of TB Goldie, but the orchard sounds an interesting project. Guess you will have researched all the best varieties of fruit trees for your area.

Good to hear that you had a nice hotel break, millie. 

Nice to hear that so many enjoyed family time on Mother's Day.

It was rather grey today, not as cold as the previous couple  but with the occasional short periods of rain. We visited a property we had not been to before for a guided tour of the house before lunch and a walk around the grounds afterwords. Back to the van in time to watch te Wales/France game.

Can anyone  identify where we visited today from this photo?

Takethedogalong replied on 10/03/2024 23:08

Posted on 10/03/2024 23:08

Is it Mellerstain Nellie? We visited a few years ago when we stayed in a cottage close by. Nice gardens the other side? Walk down to Lake? Not sure reallyπŸ€”

Bakers2 replied on 11/03/2024 08:53

Posted on 11/03/2024 08:53

Goldie I'm so sorry to read the tb part of your post. I suspected you weren't clear πŸ˜ͺ. Let's hope it's not much longer. Glad to read you've got you eye on the future and are planting an Orchard.

Good to read others holiday news, with or with vans.

Nelliethehooker is that Hopetoun House?

Sounds like others had a good Mother's Day. Mine was lovely. Tammygirl you must be very proud πŸ‘. HelenandTrevor sounds like your granddaughter is reaching a lovely interacting age. (As a grandparents fabulous bit more trying as a parent 🀣🀣)

Awful day, weatherwise, here yesterday and damp murky and grey today. It must improve soon? Can't garden and if it doesn't buck up I fear no bread 😱 as DIL unable to get on the fields. Winter cover still in place. I tend to walk one area, more distant from them nearer me, and even the cover crop is yellow from too much dilutions nutrients....... Very noticeable after a weeks absence.

Goldie146 replied on 11/03/2024 10:57

Posted on 11/03/2024 10:57

As I mentioned we have planted an orchard. Most of the trees are those listed on the photo below. Plus, we were given 4 Westmorland Damsons.  All is looking well so far (no need to water!). They are protected with bio-degradable tree guards and cages. 

richardandros replied on 11/03/2024 11:31

Posted on 11/03/2024 11:31

"Awful day, weatherwise, here yesterday and damp murky and grey today. It must improve soon?"

Same here today B2. I know we've had to odd sunny day (I think!), but it seems to have been like this for weeks.  It seems to be getting everyone down.  That said, I've actually managed to cut the grass this morning having had 24 hrs of no rain - and it was badly needed.  Spent more time un-bunging the lawn mower than actually cutting, thoughundecided.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook