What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Bakers2 replied on 09/03/2024 17:36

Posted on 09/03/2024 17:36

Beautiful start to the day here - typical as I was out, but indoors!

OH is still finishing off the first cut of our grass this year. I think he's finding it tough going. It's always a half day task for him these days, but at least he's tackling it.

I've had a productive day. WI course on get to know your sewing machine in a nearby village. In my case, reacquaint yourself πŸ˜‰. Must find some time to use it, I'd forgotten how enjoyable it can be.

Then I came home to find letterbox flowers on the doorstep, so I popped those in water according to the instructions. I hope they buck up a lot ???? Still, the thought for mothers day was there.

After a cuppa I've made flapjacks and just put 2 fruit cakes in the oven. Son and family will expect their share 🀣. Ran out of steam so our 2 year old grandson's mince pies will have to wait until the morning. Never knew you can buy mincemeat other than Christmas. Good old Co-op. Or a 2 year old and younger I seem to remember his first Christmas at 9 months they went down well, like mincepies. If there's a cake tin in the kitchen it MUST contain mincepies! The disappointment on his face if it doesn't! Even if he likes the contents 🀣.

Can't remember if I've said, and can't check back whilst typing! We've bitten the bullet and ordered the bathroom and cloakroom refits. Research started early February after we learnt the great guy who changed our boiler won't fit bathrooms again because of his broken wrist and elbow damage πŸ₯², it's touch and go on heating etc. Should 🀞be the last big job πŸ˜€. It will be lovely to have the cloakroom toilet centred under the window, not an issue I'd noticed until our daughter (on video call)  pointed it out recently 😑😑. Now I can't unsee it! And have the wash hand basin in a matching colour 🀣. Apparently, coloured suites etc are back 'in' so I'll ask them to remove carefully if they can. 

Should all be sorted by June. So maybe they'll be time, before too long, to return to hobbies....... Not holding my breath.

Bakers2 replied on 09/03/2024 17:51

Posted on 09/03/2024 17:51

Went back to clearing up the kitchen and realised we've not had news from Goldie. She was always producing lots of food generally πŸ˜‚

Fingers crossed this 6 week check saw better outcomes. πŸ™

Wherenext replied on 09/03/2024 17:57

Posted on 09/03/2024 17:57

Hope your timetable goes to plan B2.

We've finally managed to get a quote and a provisional commitment from a painter and decorator for mid April. Have to wait and see if it materialises.

Been dour weather here the last few days. Cloudy/rainy and cold with it with a keen wind.

Things ticking along. Nicely? Well sort of, some of the time.smile

No point buying flowers for OHs mother. There's plenty in the house already. I'll cook her something I hope she'll appreciate.

Oneputt replied on 09/03/2024 18:40

Posted on 09/03/2024 18:40

A couple of months ago I was watching a Tony Robinson programme which included a piece about Warham Camp, an Iron Age hill fort.  We have been coming to this part of Norfolk for over 12 years and never knew about it and never realised their was a hill fort at South Creake either.  Visited both today, flew the drone and took some pictures which I will post when we get home. Picked up some Roman pottery which had been brought to the surface by moles

KjellNN replied on 09/03/2024 21:21

Posted on 09/03/2024 21:21

Good visit to son and family today, tea, coffee and lots of cake available.  Nathan came with us and had a go on  their trampoline, but it was rather cold out in the byre so he soon came back in.

Good news on DIL's father, now moved to rehab hospital.  He is able to get around with the aid of a zimmer (following half hip replacement), in and out of bed himself, climb 4 stairs so far, and make himself tea and toast.  Will be a while yet before he is allowed home.

Her mum was at the party and in good form, so the tablets she is taking have slowed the deterioration.

DIL has acquired a new car, and some grey hairs, but we are not allowed to mention the latter!

Nathan fell asleep on the way home so was still not asleep in bed at 9pm, Mummy was not amused. 

nelliethehooker replied on 09/03/2024 21:33

Posted on 08/03/2024 09:25 by heddlo

Trip sounds nice Nellie.  My sister looks out at Blackness Castle from her sitting room window.  They live just opposite across the Forth.  In all the 30’odd years they have lived there we have never visited the castle!  Hopetoun house is about all we’ve done on that side of the Forth. 

Posted on 09/03/2024 21:33

Heddlo, we had thought of going over the other side to visit Culross, but decided that would keep for another time.

Good to hear you had a fine time away CS, and that both Francis and OP are enjoying their trips. Hope those with planned work at home get the jobs done to their satisfaction.

We moved to the south  of Edinburgh yesterday to the Haven complex at Seton Sands. Not the type of sites we normally use but decided to give it a try as the touring pitches only opened that day so expected it to b e quiet, and the price was good for a fully serviced pitch, less than any ordinary CL in the area. As it turned out about half of the 40 pitches were occupied by nightfall, and more tourers arrived today. The complex is huge with perhaps 1000 static caravans and lodges (so lots of dog walking optionswink) but thankfully the touring area is at the opposite end from the entertainment and swimming pool buildings. 

Today has been dull and rather cold with the odd spot of rain.  We had a couple of walks at Aberlady and Gullaine before getting back to watch the rugby ( well I did).

Wherenext replied on 09/03/2024 23:01

Posted on 09/03/2024 23:01

Day out sounds great Oneputt. We stayed local a couple of years ago and must admit didn't know about the camp either. Thanks for info.

Trip sounds good Nellie.

Goldie146 replied on 10/03/2024 09:26

Posted on 09/03/2024 17:51 by Bakers2

Went back to clearing up the kitchen and realised we've not had news from Goldie. She was always producing lots of food generally πŸ˜‚

Fingers crossed this 6 week check saw better outcomes. πŸ™

Posted on 10/03/2024 09:26

Thank you for thinking of us. We’re still locked down with “inconclusive” TB reactors. We’ve have had various discussions and meetings with representatives from APHA, NFU, and our vet, trying to determine the next step. Blood test or wait for another skin test (60 days after the previous one). Some of the science is beyond me.

Meanwhile life goes on. And thinking of the future we’ve planted an orchard. Apples, pears, damsons, plums, nuts. 

Takethedogalong replied on 10/03/2024 10:05

Posted on 09/03/2024 18:40 by Oneputt

A couple of months ago I was watching a Tony Robinson programme which included a piece about Warham Camp, an Iron Age hill fort.  We have been coming to this part of Norfolk for over 12 years and never knew about it and never realised their was a hill fort at South Creake either.  Visited both today, flew the drone and took some pictures which I will post when we get home. Picked up some Roman pottery which had been brought to the surface by moles

Posted on 10/03/2024 10:05

Same for us as well OP. We watched the Tony Robinson programme and couldn’t believe we had actually stayed a few times no more than a few hundred metres from it! Not like us not to spot something of interest on an OS map. Our favourite bit of North Norfolk around there, Binham Priory is very interesting. Definitely the hill fort is on our list of must see when we get the chance to visit.

Orchard sounds lovely Goldie, hope it raises the spirits at bit at this difficult time for you all.

Hoping catch up with a few folks later todayπŸ‘

HelenandTrevor replied on 10/03/2024 10:31

Posted on 10/03/2024 10:31

Good Morning 

Just realised I've not checked in for a while, so have had a quick catch up, really pleased MIL is home Wherenext .

Good to read caravan trips/ holidays have been enjoyable. 

Orchard sounds lovely Goldie,  sorry to hear TB is still causing problems, will keep fingers crossed 🀞 for you.

Glad you've got your travel plans started KjellNN and you enjoyed your family day.

Bakers2 hope your refit plans go well, lots of work.

Spent the afternoon at NT Stowe with our Grand-daughter yesterday, she managed to walk almost all the way round, mind you it took a while especially as we had to play hide and seek at every tree! 🀣🀣

Spare time has been spent knitting or at least trying too, I do seem to have to unpick rather alot. 🀣 Found some bargain curtains to fit our large lounge window,   but they will need to be shortened so that's my next job.

Weather rather damp this morning, so can't see us venturing very far.

Happy Mother's Day to all Mum's. πŸ™‚ Also belated Happy Birthday's to all celebrating 🍾 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook