What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Francis replied on 12/03/2024 17:01

Posted on 12/03/2024 17:01

We are home after an excellent week at Donkey Creek caravan park near Blackpool. Weather was fine mostly sunny but cold but good weather for long coast walks. We love this area and visit often this time we visited Cleveleys Lytham Blackpool st Anne’s and Southport lots of nice walks and being out of season nothing was busy also had an enjoyable day at the British commercial museum in Leyland. Donkey creek is a good site for anyone in the area it’s a private site and much cheaper than the club site nearby and a far better site in my opinion. Good for those with motorhomes as there is a bus stop in the village that serves all the local towns. Easy 4 hour tow home today roads quiet even around Glasgow. The Volvo was filthy so got that cleaned when we got home caravan needs done to but that can wait until we come back from our planned weekend away in a couple of weeks.

Good to read everyone else’s news. Glad MIL is improving WN

HelenandTrevor replied on 12/03/2024 18:22

Posted on 12/03/2024 18:22

Been yet another damp day, getting a bit tedious now! 😬 roll on Summer. Been rather uneventful here, although I did update both payroll and accounts software at work without any hiccups today, hopefully I'm all ready for the new legislation and NI changes.🤞 

OH was a taxi service today for our neighbour who has broken some bones in her foot. 

Glad you had a lovely break away Millie and a good Mother's day. 

Lovely photos DSB, I used to live in Kenilworth and often visited the castle, but haven't been back for a while, really must revisit.

Lovely to read trips away have been good,  we have plans for a couple of days away locally. 

Wherenext replied on 12/03/2024 20:23

Posted on 12/03/2024 20:23

Francis - good to hear of someone enjoying a weeks holiday, apart from Nellie that is. If you have the time then maybe you could put a post on the Sticky thread in UK touring section on non club camp sites. 

It's not a full review, more a recommendation. Might help others.

We actually both got out for a walk, albeit a brief one, today as Physio's visit wasn't until 1pm for an hour but she turned up early and agreed to let us escape whilst she was doing her thing. 

Later on I had a short drive to our local Motorhome dealers as they had a small M/H just come in with automatic transmission. Bit too small for our liking.

We really enjoyed Kenilworth Castle when we visited last year.

DavidKlyne replied on 12/03/2024 21:03

Posted on 12/03/2024 21:03

Francis

You didn't mention that Donkey Creek Farm Caravan Park was at the end of a runway!!! Is the runway in use? Otherwise it looks like a very nice site and it seems to have several bus services which is good for us.

David

DSB replied on 12/03/2024 22:00

Posted on 12/03/2024 22:00

Tonight I've just got that 'it's almost time to clean the roof of the caravan' feeling.....  🤣🤣🤣

David

richardandros replied on 13/03/2024 07:39

Posted on 12/03/2024 22:00 by DSB

Tonight I've just got that 'it's almost time to clean the roof of the caravan' feeling.....  🤣🤣🤣

David

Posted on 13/03/2024 07:39

I had that for a few weeks, David - but have now cracked it using that wonderful electric rotating brush you recommended last year!  Feeling quite smug that it's now finally done.  Just waiting for some decent weather so that I can clean and polish the sides - don't know when that's going to happen having looked at the forecast.

Car's in for service / MOT, today.  I know I'm going to be parting with a lot of money - two new tyres as well and I'm sure new brake pads will be required - they haven't been changed for nearly 50k miles.

Rufs replied on 13/03/2024 08:02

Posted on 12/03/2024 22:00 by DSB

David

Posted on 13/03/2024 08:02

Yes!!! i had this feeling on mothers day whilst the GK,s were here, they all said that i am not to climb a ladder anymore and that they would contribute towards having somebody come an do it for me....result cool but at £100 i do feel it is a bit expensive.

weather not been great in Stubbers, but winds have been very light so all the magnolia trees are in full bloom and managing to hang on to the blooms. Just had a quick spin on the bike, much warmer today and no rain, i cut the grass again last week so that is not looking too bad, had daughters 2 x dogs over the weekend so they left their calling card on the back lawn yell

Stroke club today, never been a social club person but we have both been pleasantly surprised with how the club is run and the information that is avaiable, however, i can feel a volunteer label being stuck on my back in the not too distant future especially as i am probably one of the fittest attending, zumba today i draw the line at that and go off to do an Asda shop while OH participatesundecided

DSB replied on 13/03/2024 08:27

Posted on 13/03/2024 07:39 by richardandros

I had that for a few weeks, David - but have now cracked it using that wonderful electric rotating brush you recommended last year!  Feeling quite smug that it's now finally done.  Just waiting for some decent weather so that I can clean and polish the sides - don't know when that's going to happen having looked at the forecast.

Car's in for service / MOT, today.  I know I'm going to be parting with a lot of money - two new tyres as well and I'm sure new brake pads will be required - they haven't been changed for nearly 50k miles.

Posted on 13/03/2024 08:27

I usually do the sides bit by bit, by using a dry wash of some sort.  Used to use 'OneDryWash' but of late, I've used Dry Sparkle.  I often do it while were away in the 'van....  I tend to do one side one day and another side the next day etc.  As it's a dry wash, I don't think it breaks the 'don't wash your van on site' rule.

Best of luck for the car service.  I've just done insurance for the Disco!  🥵🥵

P..S. I think someone mentioned you have the E & P levelling system - I put a post under the 'Caravans' section which you may be able to help with... 🙂

David

Francis replied on 13/03/2024 08:44

Posted on 12/03/2024 21:03 by DavidKlyne

Francis

You didn't mention that Donkey Creek Farm Caravan Park was at the end of a runway!!! Is the runway in use? Otherwise it looks like a very nice site and it seems to have several bus services which is good for us.

David

Posted on 13/03/2024 08:44

Hi David

Yes the site is right across from RAF Warton runway there are no planes go out at weekends so weekends are quiet during the week you do get the Typhoon jets taking off maybe 3-4 times per day. We like that and can sit and watch them take off literally from the caravan window but they do make a loud noise but as I say it’s not constantly noisy just for a couple of minutes while they take off but they don’t operate at night so no issue over night. Good site though and a good pub in the village about 10 min walk away 

richardandros replied on 13/03/2024 12:04

Posted on 13/03/2024 08:27 by DSB

I usually do the sides bit by bit, by using a dry wash of some sort.  Used to use 'OneDryWash' but of late, I've used Dry Sparkle.  I often do it while were away in the 'van....  I tend to do one side one day and another side the next day etc.  As it's a dry wash, I don't think it breaks the 'don't wash your van on site' rule.

Best of luck for the car service.  I've just done insurance for the Disco!  🥵🥵

P..S. I think someone mentioned you have the E & P levelling system - I put a post under the 'Caravans' section which you may be able to help with... 🙂

David

Posted on 13/03/2024 12:04

Just written you an essay, David - hope it helps you make up your mindsmile

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook