What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

milliehull replied on 07/01/2024 18:57

Posted on 07/01/2024 18:57

So sorry to hear your news WN. Love and best wishes to all of you. Well done to the paramedics for getting there so quckly but I expect it seemed a very long 15 minutes to you. I hope that there are signs of some improvement soon.

Bakers2 replied on 07/01/2024 20:06

Posted on 07/01/2024 20:06

Oh Wherenext. Thoughts and prayers with you all.

Speed is of the essence with stroke. I don't have to tell you! I'm sure my OH still here cos he was on the operating table when his occurred. Thoughts and prayers with you all.

Been reading news sorry if I don't mention you but I've taken it in.

Hope everything's OK at the caravan DEBSC when someone can get in. Love Reading your family tales. Your granddaughters seem very resilient. 

KjellNN our battery was under the passenger seat in the Picasso.  Thankfully never had an issue. Glad you got it sorted but nothings made easy these days?

We had some deflating news from cardiologist on our return from our anniversary lunch Friday. Reading the numbers always brings home the seriousness of OH condition. Left side of his heart working hard at 35% as well as AF and heart failure 😢. On the up side, it's almost 5 years since he performed, late January, when I joked to the hospital we have a wedding in April. After many ups and downs he came out with 10 days to spare. Soooo lucky to still be sharing my days with him. We also see the cardiologist in March. The ICD check late December all good.

Wishing those who are poorly better and those anxious about the flooding all the best.

Hoping we get to see the big yellow thing in the next few days. Been sooooo grey and WET for so long here. There's been much activity on and around the bird feeders today as the temperature falls.

Had the family for dinner. DIL went to see Peterborough lose. Had to sit in the stands today 😉. She was frozen. Grandson is a delight, can't believe he's coming up to 3. That makes me sad, as not seen granddaughters in the flesh for almost 6 years 😢 . Youngest was younger than grandson is now. So glad we had long visits when we could!

DSB replied on 07/01/2024 20:18

Posted on 07/01/2024 20:18

Just read yiur post WN. I'm so sorry to read about your Mother-In-Law.  Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

David

DSB replied on 07/01/2024 20:37

Posted on 07/01/2024 20:37

We've arrived at Castleton CAMC site this afternoon. Only here for a short stay, but we've used our free night voucher.  Fingers crossed for some reasonable weather.  Forgot to cancel the milk, but I'm sure our daughter (the one from Devizes) who is staying at home, will make good use of it!!

Our eldest daughter has arrived back in the Outer Hebrides, and our Son-in-law is just fitting new laminate flooring before flying off to Switzerland to work on Tuesday..

Our son (who lives the other side of the village) seems to have taken an interest in woodworking and has started to build a table, with all the traditional 'joints'...

As for me... I'm opening a bottle of wine!!!  🤣🤣🤣

David

nelliethehooker replied on 07/01/2024 21:33

Posted on 07/01/2024 21:33

You know our thoughts are with you all, WN. Fingers crossed that your MIL has a speedy recovery.We

B2, it doesn't seem like 5 years since your husband's operation. Here's hoping that you have lots more 5yr periods together.

Good to read that you have made it to Castleton, David, and that it looks as if you had no problem claiming your free night, as we are heading up to the Meathop Fell site tomorrow and will claim our free night there. I would think that there won't be many on your site after tonight and that MF will similarly be quiet.

We had another fine day today, after a frost through the night, although not as sunny as Saturday. We had a couple of walks from the site around different parts of the forest, which was very popular today with lots of families out together before the children to back to school tomorrow.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook