What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Wherenext replied on 08/02/2019 18:06

Posted on 08/02/2019 18:06

Car back with me this afternoon. Home dealers picked up bill and had to pay local Harrogate garage, who have been really good to us, even valeting the car. Happy bunnies again.πŸ‡πŸ‡

Had a morning walk in the rather wet wet and windy morning with The Hookers, but half way around it stopped raining. Still windy. Fortunately nobody on site bothered with an awning.smile

Be good everyone and enjoy your weekend.

Bakers2 replied on 08/02/2019 18:42

Posted on 08/02/2019 18:42

I'm a great reader but I've just shelved the booklets. Cardiologist nurse told us what they'll do - that's enough for me. She was lovely. Another cardiac nurse asked if we'd had leaflets or got questions,  she not impressed we not read them or got questions  quite bossy! She never did return with a leaflet we hadn't been given, sounded like the most useful about the transfer to Basildon. OH was fascinated by the angiogram imagines, said it looked like ink blobs exploding, not sure that is how it should be I suspect not.

Good luck.

Yes folks the waiting is very testing but hopefully by this time next week well be on the next stage. With grateful thanks to our wonderful NHS.

Wherenext glad you've got your car and no bill. 

Brue sounds like a lovely project and worth the wrist ache. How's the ankle?

Bakers2 replied on 08/02/2019 18:47

Posted on 08/02/2019 18:47

I see 'bus gate' in Chelmsford is on BBC East again. It's raised over a million pounds in fines.

Francis replied on 08/02/2019 18:50

Posted on 08/02/2019 18:50

We arrived on site here at  Strathclyde at about 5 this afternoon very windy day we were thinking of cancelling but the wind died down slightly and the site is only an hours tow from home so we went the tow up here was ok but the roads around Glasgow were busy. Site here is very busy we are planning on going to the caravan show tomorrow at the SECC I suspect a few others on site here will be doing the same. Still very windy we are hoping it dies down a bit soon. Wont be venturing out tonight just a few drinks and a dvd in the van. B2 best wishes yo you and your OH.

brue replied on 08/02/2019 19:23

Posted on 08/02/2019 19:23

Enjoy your visit Francis, it's been extremely windy here but things have settled down. 

B2 I am still hobbling around, gradually improving but I think it will take longer than I thought to get up to running speed. wink

milliehull replied on 08/02/2019 20:19

Posted on 08/02/2019 20:19

Sorry to hear you are still hobbling about brue. I hear sprains take a good while to heal. Take care. Hopefully you will be back to walking strength by the time the weather improves. Your quilt project sounds wonderful

DavidKlyne replied on 08/02/2019 22:13

Posted on 08/02/2019 17:27 by brue

Our calendar fills up too, I start the year with a list of things and have to plan round fishing matches. Two weddings this year as well. smile

Posted on 08/02/2019 22:13

Brue

we seem to add to it every day!!! Last year we purchased a new king sized bed from JL.The Mattress has been wonderful but the divan base was not up to muster so we went into CMK today to select and order a new base. Delivery and collection next Wednesday, another date on the calendar!!! 

As an aside CMK was amazingly busy today for some reason. It's not half term as far as I can see and there didn't seem to be any events! Was a bit surprised to be walking past Pret to see it completely empty. Learnt later that about 20 premises had to close because of a suspect gas leak!!!

I wonder if Millie was at the Cathedral today when they were saying goodbye to Mr Peterborough or Mr Pizza Express?

David

DavidKlyne replied on 08/02/2019 22:18

Posted on 08/02/2019 22:18

I'm a great reader but I've just shelved the booklets. Cardiologist nurse told us what they'll do - that's enough for me. She was lovely. Another cardiac nurse asked if we'd had leaflets or got questions, she not impressed we not read them or got questions quite bossy! She never did return with a leaflet we hadn't been given, sounded like the most useful about the transfer to Basildon. OH was fascinated by the angiogram imagines, said it looked like ink blobs exploding, not sure that is how it should be I suspect not.

Bakers2

When Margaret was told she needed her bypass the surgeon who was going to do the operation pulled out his mobile phone and wanted to show her a video of how the operation was done. She politely refused the offer!! Sometimes ignorance is bliss!!!

David

nelliethehooker replied on 08/02/2019 22:42

Posted on 08/02/2019 22:42

Best wishes to B2 & JVB and respective spouses. Hope everything goes well for you both.

Sorry to hear that your ankle is still giving you gyp, brue. Those sort of injuries certainly do take a while to get better.

After our windy damp walk with the WNs this morning OH, Flyte and I had another out at Stainburn Forest and  this time it was dry and the sun even managed to put in an appearance. Another pleasant evening in the van with more chat over a couple of beers.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook