What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

heddlo replied on 08/02/2019 13:37

Posted on 08/02/2019 13:37

Thoughts are with you both B2.  It’s not just the patient who needs care!  Take care.  Fingers crossed for a quick resolution and recovery. 

Bakers2 replied on 08/02/2019 15:45

Posted on 08/02/2019 15:45

That's me home. His little outing in a wheelchair exhausted him. Hes done a jolly good job of covering things up! Tests completed and referral sent to Basildon so just a question of waiting.

I feel like were on the long long haul to NZ but even that's 2 days not 2 weeks (today), although it sometimes seems longer. Hopefully just as much sunshine to greet us when this 'flight' finally lands and we disembark 😂😂

JVB66 replied on 08/02/2019 15:53

Posted on 08/02/2019 15:53

What a horrible day it was ok for first walk at 0730, but has gone downhill ever since ,managed get another walk in between showers at lunchtime but its now very windy and tipping it down, big puddles and several pitches including ours are like lakessurprised

We have been passing the time by working out last year's "staycation"wink figures we knew we had done plenty but did not realise how much

Club sites 20 ,some more than once =193 nights n

Cost £4465,55

Cl  1 at £42 (3nights)up to 2ndJan

Let's hope it continuescool

JVB66 replied on 08/02/2019 15:55

Posted on 08/02/2019 12:24 by Bakers2

Thinking of you JVB. Your wife too.

Currently awaiting porter to take him for neck artery scan. That's thanks to our lovely Pedro, we've just had a nice hug!

Very windy outside but didn't get wet walking to catch the bus but it's damp.

Posted on 08/02/2019 15:55

Thankyou (have done one thing wrong already ,have read the info as to what is involvedfrown

JVB66 replied on 08/02/2019 16:02

Posted on 08/02/2019 15:45 by Bakers2

That's me home. His little outing in a wheelchair exhausted him. Hes done a jolly good job of covering things up! Tests completed and referral sent to Basildon so just a question of waiting.

I feel like were on the long long haul to NZ but even that's 2 days not 2 weeks (today), although it sometimes seems longer. Hopefully just as much sunshine to greet us when this 'flight' finally lands and we disembark 😂😂

Posted on 08/02/2019 16:02

One thing that is very positive as advised to me, that most procedures carried out in cadiology are these days just routine,  as so many advances have been made,with treatment of all heart defects,cool

milliehull replied on 08/02/2019 17:02

Posted on 08/02/2019 16:02 by JVB66

One thing that is very positive as advised to me, that most procedures carried out in cadiology are these days just routine,  as so many advances have been made,with treatment of all heart defects,cool

Posted on 08/02/2019 17:02

Best of luck JVB. I hope all goes well. It must be a bit of an anxious time for you and your OH.

Things seem be on track with your OH's tests bakers2. I hope he doesnt have to wait too long for a slot at Basildon. Take care of yourself. Carers need to look after themselves.  Could you fit in a reflexology session for yourself?

brue replied on 08/02/2019 17:18

Posted on 08/02/2019 17:18

Best wishes to JVB and B2 and your respective spouses. Don't be down hearted if there are any cancellation delays, this sometimes happens at the last moment, you're nearly there, you've all done well coping with so much.

Good to hear of the meet up between fellow CTers, do hope the WNs car has been sorted.

I found myself at the end of a long piece of sewing this week, I didn't realise I was volunteering to finish something I had helped pin together. A group of us have been working on a quilt to be sold for charity this year, we're down to the finishing and joining bit. We had a get together and I've just had to do a lot of hand sewing. Job done, aching wrists, the project is looking good and nearly finished, I now appreciate all the effort! smile

DavidKlyne replied on 08/02/2019 17:22

Posted on 08/02/2019 15:53 by JVB66

What a horrible day it was ok for first walk at 0730, but has gone downhill ever since ,managed get another walk in between showers at lunchtime but its now very windy and tipping it down, big puddles and several pitches including ours are like lakessurprised

We have been passing the time by working out last year's "staycation"wink figures we knew we had done plenty but did not realise how much

Club sites 20 ,some more than once =193 nights n

Cost £4465,55

Cl  1 at £42 (3nights)up to 2ndJan

Let's hope it continuescool

Posted on 08/02/2019 17:22

You and Nellie will be in competition!!!! I just don't know how either of you manage all that time away from home? Our calendar just fills up on a constant basis. What we are not good at is planning out the year from a holiday perspective. I think I will have to start red lining some dates on the calendar!!!

David

brue replied on 08/02/2019 17:27

Posted on 08/02/2019 17:27

Our calendar fills up too, I start the year with a list of things and have to plan round fishing matches. Two weddings this year as well. smile

HelenandTrevor replied on 08/02/2019 17:30

Posted on 08/02/2019 17:30

Had the morning off work today, and just my luck it was very wet and windy yell so used the time to do a few household chores. 

Work quiet at the moment so boss has taken himself off to Tenerife, I will be holding the fort wink

Hope all goes well JVB66 

Bakers2 hope your OH's  wait isn't too long now, I often think it's the waiting that's harder.

Wherenext hope you get the car repaired and be back on the road soon. 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook