What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Wherenext replied on 24/01/2019 15:31

Posted on 24/01/2019 15:31

Good luck from me also TG. I presume you have made sure the medications meets with Dubai's strict policy. I had to laugh when I logged on and saw the thread in the Chat section showing "What outfit do you have?" by Tammygirl. I was imaging a full listing of Mr. & Mrs.TG's holiday attire.smile

Bad news good news day yesterday. Car failed MOT due to a worn ball joint! Only 30,000 miles on the clock. Good news it is a warranty job, phew. Bad news, they had to order one for today. Good news, car now home. Suspect with the state of the roads that this will happen a lot earlier than in the past.

More good news, bad news. MiL has her second urgent appointment. For the same day as the first one! Different hospitals but one is first thing in the morning and the other after lunch. Bad news is that single lady neighbour who lives opposite broke her leg yesterday in a fall on the ice. We'll do some shopping if required but her immediate neighbour will probably do most of the helping.

Tammygirl replied on 24/01/2019 18:31

Posted on 24/01/2019 18:31

Think we have got everything needed now (no doubt we have too much)

WN, you always make me smile. No long list of holiday attire laughing as to medications for Dubai its a nightmare. Even on the 'Official site' nothing is absolutely clear, however neither of us is on any 'Narcotics' although Codeine is considered a 'Narcotic' so is banned. 

I have to say that it has been a very step learning curve we've been on since we booked the cruise. I think had we looked into it in depth first we probably wouldn't have booked it. Between the Visa for India and Dubai with it banned list of Meds. they certainly do not make it easy for folk to travel or want to visit these countries.

My car failed its MOT a few weeks ago for a 'wishbone' like yours only 32.000 mls on the clock so we also put it down to bad road surface.

Hope everything goes ok for MIL and her appointments. Like wise your neighbour, nasty falls on ice. Mum used to do it every winter surprised she never broke anything,  she had some colourful bruises though.smile

milliehull replied on 24/01/2019 19:51

Posted on 24/01/2019 19:51

Tragic news here today. A close friend of our DIL was killed in a head on crash yesterday evening. She was travelling back to Peterborough from Crowland on the A16 and a van coming in the opposite direction was overtaking and hit her head on. She didn't stand a chance and died instantly. She had her 2 children with her and they are now both in Addenbrooks hospital. Her 11 year old daughter is extremely poorly in Critical Care. Her 8 year old son is not so poorly and will hopefully be discharged soon. We are all in shock.

WN I hope all goes well for your MIL.

Tammygirl I hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise and all goes well with your medications and visas.

brue replied on 24/01/2019 19:56

Posted on 24/01/2019 19:56

So sorry for you all Millie, that is such sad news, thinking of you as you wait for more news.

Bakers2 replied on 24/01/2019 20:03

Posted on 24/01/2019 20:03

Tragic news milliehull. Travelled that road myself with DIL2B on Saturday. Thinking of everyone involved with the situation 😢

nelliethehooker replied on 24/01/2019 20:46

Posted on 24/01/2019 20:46

Horrible new, millie, no wonder that you're all in shock. Hope that the young ones recover fully.

Glad to hear that the car has now passed it's MOT, WN. Fingers crossed that all goes well with MIL's appointments.

Good to hear that your OH is improving, TG. 

Enjoy your meal out tonight, brue.

Dull but slightly warmer day today. Finished the polishing in the van, just the outside to do now, but can't see that getting done for a while yet.

Wherenext replied on 24/01/2019 21:10

Posted on 24/01/2019 21:10

Oh dear, Millie. Sad indeed. Is there a father around to take care of the children?

Nellie, sounds like you are fully over your virus. Glad to hear.

Bon voyage Tammy.

Brue, are you any more mobile? Hope manservant being more help than hinderance.

milliehull replied on 24/01/2019 21:19

Posted on 24/01/2019 21:19

Thanks all. Yes WN there is a father but divorced which sadly makes it more difficult. No grandparents either as they are deceased.Friends are rallying round with support. We are trying to support our DIL at the moment as she is in pieces.

brue replied on 24/01/2019 21:21

Posted on 24/01/2019 21:21

WN. Manservant has been good as I can't drive but can move around a bit more. Everything well strapped up and slippers that look a bit like shoes have been useful. wink

Edit . Millie that is very hard for you all do hope you can keep your strength up. 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook