What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

milliehull replied on 23/01/2019 18:49

Posted on 23/01/2019 18:49

I am glad to hear that Rosa seems OK JVB. It must have been s very frightening experience. Have a good time at FM. No snow here ....... yet but very cold with hard frosts.

I hope your OH feels better tomorrow Tammygirl and fingers crossed for you.

Sorry to hear about your tooth tda. Toothache is horrid.

I hope your ankle gets better soon brue. Glad you managed to get to the theatre to see Alice Roberts.

I have been for a swim this afternoon. Don't you just hate people who swim 2 abreast having a chat yell. We have had 2 days of very hard frost and ice but no snow. Son in NI rang and said they have snow over there.

brue replied on 23/01/2019 19:37

Posted on 23/01/2019 19:37

Thanks Millie, hope you enjoyed your swim even if it was a bit impeded. wink

Might get OH to take me to the cinema tomorrow, would like to see Stan and Ollie.

nelliethehooker replied on 23/01/2019 20:39

Posted on 23/01/2019 17:48 by Tammygirl

OH sends his thanks for the best wishes smile he's fast out on the recliner watching the Chase laughinglaughing I tried having a nap but can't drop off. 

WN, the Men's Shed is the only place he's been that I have not. Says he only had a coffee undecided just hope its a 24 hour bug and nothing else. I'm the one that normally gets an upset tum.

Brue, sorry to hear ankle still painful.

TTDA, toothache is awful hope you get some relief soon.

Frost hasn't lifted all day really cold out.

Posted on 23/01/2019 20:39

TG, I had a similar illness last week and it took 48hrs to get over the worst of it and another couple of days to beck to normal. Hope your OH's has gone as quickly, and that you don't catch it from him.

Hope that your ankle's not too painful, brue, and that it's getting better.

Sorry to hear about your toothache, tda. I've managed to break my lower dental plate in half and have to see the dentist on Monday to get a new one made....they're on holiday this week.yell

It snowed here yesterday and then we had a very hard frost overnight. Awoke to a lovely sunny day but everything was frozen solid, roads and pavements were slippery but slowly cleared. Freezing again tonight.

nelliethehooker replied on 23/01/2019 20:44

Posted on 23/01/2019 20:44

Good to hear that Rosa getting over her attack, JVB and that you've managed to get to FM and set without incident. Keep warm.

Enjoy your night at the cinema, brue. Have you seen The Favourite yet?

Takethedogalong replied on 23/01/2019 20:48

Posted on 23/01/2019 14:35 by Wherenext

Up early to take the snow off the car where it had frozen solid. Garage coming to collect said vehicle at 09.00. Turned up at 10.00 due to roads! Never mind. 

TTDA - Had the same problem with tooth last year. Had 3 treatments on the Root Canal before Mrs. Dentist and I agreed that we either had to start an affair to justify my visits to Mrs WN or to take it out. She took one look at me and fetched the pliers. I think the extraction was less painful in the long run.smile Make the decision.

TG - It's the Man Shed. Probably like a Petrie Dish in there. Steer clear of him. Cover yourself in anti bacteria soap.

Posted on 23/01/2019 20:48

Yep. It’s got to go. I find extractions less stressful than fillings.  Back wisdom, so it’s neither use nor ornament really. undecided

Nice to have a run out CY, keeps things ticking over. Ours is due one soon, but we will probably do a couple of nights somewhere. We have to clean it out each time dogs go in, so might as well enjoy a few days! Weather permitting of course, snow forecast here overnight.

SteveL replied on 23/01/2019 22:22

Posted on 23/01/2019 22:22

I have been for a swim this afternoon. Don't you just hate people who swim 2 abreast having a chat

Indeed, especially as they tend to be looking at each other, rather than where the are going. Not a problem if only a few in, but very annoying if the pool is busy.

Bakers2 replied on 24/01/2019 08:50

Posted on 24/01/2019 08:50

Sitting outside the dentist waiting for OH to emerge. He's had tooth trouble since before Christmas,  oral antibiotics plus a 2nd course that upset him. Had drill out of root and injection of antibiotics 3 weeks ago. Reckons it's feeling better but not right. Or it was before he went in! Trouble is its an eye tooth that's already been crowned. 

Good job he's overcome his desperate fear of the dentist that he had when I met him. Knock out injections then. Weve had his dentist for 30 years and he's great.

Watching the traffic 😲😲😲. Always walked to walk so never been involved, but looks far worse than it used too!

Heavy frost this morning but still grey.

Edit

DrIlled out the plug more antibiotics injected into the root, no numbing as nerve removed ages ago. Replugged. Bridge a little wobbly so will come off eventually and then he'll build up a peg. No return until his routine April appointment. Phew. 

Hope all of you with tooth issues have the same success. 

I'm not clearing out like several of you πŸ˜‰ but did do the medieval cabinet - not bad and spice cupboard - threw out 22 containers of herbs and spices 😲😲.  Kitchen refitted 2012 and one expired 2005 πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

Looking forward to reflexology this afternoon.

Tammygirl hope your OH recovers before you leave, have a great trip.

Brue probably best to stay off your ankle - easier said than done πŸ˜‚

KjellNN you certainly are getting on and when the time comes you'll have earned your holiday! Will you have to negotiate time off and apply within a framework πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚?

brue replied on 24/01/2019 08:57

Posted on 23/01/2019 20:48 by Takethedogalong

Yep. It’s got to go. I find extractions less stressful than fillings.  Back wisdom, so it’s neither use nor ornament really. undecided

Nice to have a run out CY, keeps things ticking over. Ours is due one soon, but we will probably do a couple of nights somewhere. We have to clean it out each time dogs go in, so might as well enjoy a few days! Weather permitting of course, snow forecast here overnight.

Posted on 24/01/2019 08:57

Our dentist won't extract wisdom teeth and I had to go to hospital to get my final one removed. Not something I would ever want to do again so I hope yours can be done "in house!"

Tammygirl replied on 24/01/2019 14:23

Posted on 24/01/2019 14:23

Very cold night again last night, frost lingered until lunchtime but is now thawing.

OH feeling a bit better today (thanks to all for their comments) we both had a decent night's sleep. Plain food and little of it for him today, trying to get him to drink water is an uphill battle yell

Off out in awhile to get the currency we ordered and do a bit of food shopping and bits of things we still need to take away.

Tomorrow is packing bags day, everything is laying out on the front room beds, we have a bed each, sorted into 3 piles. We always mix and match the 2 large hold bags so that if one goes missing we still have clothes to wear. Flight bags are usually small and not a lot other than medicines and spare glasses in. This time though we have a 2 night stopover in Dubai so will need a bigger flight bag and clothes, don't want to have to open up the big bags if we can get away with it. 

It's like a military operation at them moment, what happened to the care free days of just throwing a few clothes in a back pack and making do. 

Time to go OH champing at the bit to get out before the schools are let out.

brue replied on 24/01/2019 14:32

Posted on 24/01/2019 14:32

Good luck with all the packing, you'll no doubt be glad to shut the door and go soon TG. smile

Was going to the cinema this afternoon but a neighbour in distress needed OH for some help. Have booked a cheap meal out tonight instead, using some local vouchers. Cinema next week I hope.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook