What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Wherenext replied on 24/01/2019 21:44

Posted on 24/01/2019 21:44

I remember many years ago, Millie, when a cousin I am close to lost her best friend when a car bomb went off in Dublin during the troubles. She was inconsolable for an awfully long time. We used to have long letter writing sessions (no internet in those days). One can only be there if and when needed. Good luck.

ABM replied on 24/01/2019 23:03

Posted on 24/01/2019 23:03

I  understand  only  too  well  the  agonies  that  follow  the  loss  of  a  close  friend / relative, MillieH

Very  good  friends  have  just  lost  a  niece.  She  has  been  fighting  "C"  for  four  years  and  was  living,  if  it  can  be  called  that,  at  home  just  before  Christmas.  Her  cousin  &  his  wife,  a  senior  Sister  at  Leighton  I  think,  visited  her  and  after  about  10  mins  the  nurse  was  on  the  Christies  Help  Line  -- she  had  been  getting  treatment there from  time to time.  They  asked  just  one  question,  Have  you  got  a  car  --  we  have  a  bed  !!

After  several  procedures  they  ceased  treatment  &  I  believe  moved  her  into  St  Lukes ( Cheshire )  Hospice  for  E O L care.  Sadly  she  passed  on  on  Sunday.  As  a  result  of  all  this  I  got  a  couple  of  texts  &  three  soggy  phone calls  from  my  friends  wife -- just  needing  someone  quiet  to talk  to.  As  WN  has  already  said,  if  all  we  can  offer  is   a  listening  ear,  well  it  helps.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 25/01/2019 08:08

Posted on 24/01/2019 23:03 by ABM

I  understand  only  too  well  the  agonies  that  follow  the  loss  of  a  close  friend / relative, MillieH

Very  good  friends  have  just  lost  a  niece.  She  has  been  fighting  "C"  for  four  years  and  was  living,  if  it  can  be  called  that,  at  home  just  before  Christmas.  Her  cousin  &  his  wife,  a  senior  Sister  at  Leighton  I  think,  visited  her  and  after  about  10  mins  the  nurse  was  on  the  Christies  Help  Line  -- she  had  been  getting  treatment there from  time to time.  They  asked  just  one  question,  Have  you  got  a  car  --  we  have  a  bed  !!

After  several  procedures  they  ceased  treatment  &  I  believe  moved  her  into  St  Lukes ( Cheshire )  Hospice  for  E O L care.  Sadly  she  passed  on  on  Sunday.  As  a  result  of  all  this  I  got  a  couple  of  texts  &  three  soggy  phone calls  from  my  friends  wife -- just  needing  someone  quiet  to talk  to.  As  WN  has  already  said,  if  all  we  can  offer  is   a  listening  ear,  well  it  helps.

Posted on 25/01/2019 08:08

You have a big heart muscles, a big heart & a giving nature. We all put in & take out of the kitty of life, you’ve put in greatly. That ‘listening ear’ will have impacted beyond all you expect. I was you around 4yrs ago, I did the same by offering a shoulder & support. Recently(last year) I was thanked deeply. It took that long for the person to get over their loss. It was not expected but was a soulful & lifting experience for me. As we journey thru life my friend some go fast ignoring everyone, some(like you) make a point of stopping & helping others. The boy done good, real good👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👍🏻

milliehull replied on 25/01/2019 08:12

Posted on 25/01/2019 08:12

Thanks ABM and WN.  As you say we can only be here when needed.  DIL was very tearful yesterday afternoon but we then fetched the grandsons from school with her and we took them all to a local garden centre for tea/coffee and cake and she cheered up a bit.  I think she is suffering from shock as well as grief. 

milliehull replied on 25/01/2019 08:33

Posted on 25/01/2019 08:12 by milliehull

Thanks ABM and WN.  As you say we can only be here when needed.  DIL was very tearful yesterday afternoon but we then fetched the grandsons from school with her and we took them all to a local garden centre for tea/coffee and cake and she cheered up a bit.  I think she is suffering from shock as well as grief. 

Posted on 25/01/2019 08:33

Edit:  I am sorry for everyone's' losses over the years. 

brue replied on 25/01/2019 09:09

Posted on 25/01/2019 09:09

Life is so unpredictable Millie but you know you're in our thoughts.

On an average day level. Just had a call for OH to collect visiting dog.

I am listening to a repeat of Desert Island Discs with Cumbrian, James Rebanks, I remember Goldie recommending "The Shepherd's Life" on here.

Goldie146 replied on 25/01/2019 09:43

Posted on 25/01/2019 09:43

I am listening to a repeat of Desert Island Discs with Cumbrian, James Rebanks, I remember Goldie recommending "The Shepherd's Life" on here.

We've been listening to it in stages - while having tea and cake before milking. A remarkable man. Last year our son bought our grandson 6 Herdwicks off him, and all winter one of his tups has been "holidaying" here with his harem. They are hopefully going to lamb during the Easter school holidays.

Takethedogalong replied on 25/01/2019 12:03

Posted on 25/01/2019 12:03

A bad time for your family Millie, and of course that poor friends family. Caring folks on here will be thinking of you all, and others of course.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook