What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Tammygirl replied on 23/01/2019 11:21

Posted on 23/01/2019 11:21

Very cold night last night probably the coldest this winter so far. Thick frost still lying, bird bath frozen solid about an inch thick.

OH not well, been up most of the night with a stomach upset, shivering and sweating alternatively. Managed to persuade him to get up a wee while ago and take some fluids and paracetamol. 

Not sure what I'm going to do today now will wait to see how OH is later on. We've got more currency to collect and a bit of shopping to do (which I can do) I've stripped the bed and its in the machine getting a good wash.

Hope he doesn't pass it on we've only got a couple of days left frown 

brue replied on 23/01/2019 12:05

Posted on 23/01/2019 12:05

Heavy frost here too, but sparkling in the sunshine. Not doing much as ankle still painful, attempting some shopping yesterday didn't help. Hope your OH feels better soon TammyG.

Pleased to hear you can get away JVB and Rosa recovered from the unpleasant event.

I expect Kj was pleased to get to the end of one lot of family DIY. We've nearly finished ours (that's the royal "we" at the moment kiss)

Boiler man arriving soon, what good timing when it's cold, will have to ask the manservant to light the fire, a bit frustrating to be out of action.

Hope your tooth settles down TDA.

Well that's it from me, the cat and the visiting dog, we're all sharing the sofa just now. wink

Takethedogalong replied on 23/01/2019 13:32

Posted on 23/01/2019 13:32

Tooth is like a ticking time bomb, sure it will end up going. Hope your ankle is healing brue.

You must be fed up TG, worrying if one of you is poorly before a big trip.

DSB replied on 23/01/2019 14:28

Posted on 23/01/2019 14:28

Good news about Rosa, JVB66.  Very cold here in Polesworth today.  We had some flurries of snow last night, just a little suggestion of it left on the odd rooftop, but that could very well just be frost.

David

Wherenext replied on 23/01/2019 14:35

Posted on 23/01/2019 14:35

Up early to take the snow off the car where it had frozen solid. Garage coming to collect said vehicle at 09.00. Turned up at 10.00 due to roads! Never mind. 

TTDA - Had the same problem with tooth last year. Had 3 treatments on the Root Canal before Mrs. Dentist and I agreed that we either had to start an affair to justify my visits to Mrs WN or to take it out. She took one look at me and fetched the pliers. I think the extraction was less painful in the long run.smile Make the decision.

TG - It's the Man Shed. Probably like a Petrie Dish in there. Steer clear of him. Cover yourself in anti bacteria soap.

ABM replied on 23/01/2019 15:23

Posted on 22/01/2019 16:08 by huskydog

they seem to be having second thoughts , so just seeing what's out there , keeping all my options open cool

Posted on 23/01/2019 15:23

Ah,  HD,  but  who  is  having  second  thoughts  plse  undecided??

Is  It  the  garage  or  the  prospective  Shop-buyer  ??

Hope  its  the  garage,  who  might  come  up  with  a  better  solution  rather  than  the  S B,  who  might  come  up  with  the  readies  sharpish  sealed

cyberyacht replied on 23/01/2019 15:59

Posted on 23/01/2019 15:59

Had a little run out in the MH today to a local country park. Walked a bit of the South Downs Way. Wind a bit chill and still pockets of frost even at mid-day. That's given its entrails a bit of a workout. Hunkered down for a few more weeks now.

Tammygirl replied on 23/01/2019 17:48

Posted on 23/01/2019 17:48

OH sends his thanks for the best wishes smile he's fast out on the recliner watching the Chase laughinglaughing I tried having a nap but can't drop off. 

WN, the Men's Shed is the only place he's been that I have not. Says he only had a coffee undecided just hope its a 24 hour bug and nothing else. I'm the one that normally gets an upset tum.

Brue, sorry to hear ankle still painful.

TTDA, toothache is awful hope you get some relief soon.

Frost hasn't lifted all day really cold out.

SteveL replied on 23/01/2019 17:54

Posted on 23/01/2019 17:54

Fun day today. Washing machine needed a new door seal. It is rather aged, therefore not worth spending money on getting anyone in to do it, so orderd a generic spare online. I replaced the one on my mums Bosch machine a few years ago and it was fairly straightforward. Unfortunately not so with our Hotpoint. The spot welded front does not come off and the prescribed method involves taking the top off and utilising this and the doorway itself. Very, very fiddly getting the inner retaining band back on. Had to wait for the OH to come home, as it was impossible with one pair of hands. Anyway all back together and working OK with no leaks.🤞

It is really poor design however. Spot welds rather than screws. It certainly would not have been worth paying anyone to do it and if they make it so difficult folk just aren't going to try and DIY.  Ending up buying a new one.

JVB66 replied on 23/01/2019 18:49

Posted on 23/01/2019 18:49

All home from home set up at FM here for max nights , have got  small awning  up and Thule,wind out is perfect fit over the top, there are quite a few on, and   ,big rally coming on this weekend, Mid Anglia,   we will have our own  mini rally from tomorrow 3 other units arriving   ,not as much snow here as we had at home,but very cold 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook