What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

brue replied on 21/01/2019 19:06

Posted on 21/01/2019 19:06

Nice to have a bit of time to sort a few things out TDA, hope you enjoy having some of your favourite reads close to hand. smile

Takethedogalong replied on 21/01/2019 19:27

Posted on 21/01/2019 19:27

Thanks brue. We are quite enjoying doing things around house at moment, some lost and mislaid projects are finally coming to fruition. It’s the upside of being retired from paid work, but more importantly for us, being fit and well enough to be able to do things again.

I hope to post a photo of the lamp when it’s finished, the basis is an antique copper and brass hose branch (the solid bit that points at the fire). We have had it for years, just been a topical ornament, but I wanted to make it more useful and it’s a bit of a homage to OHs working career. I’ve got plans to make a padded footstool/ coffee table as well, with little Sis’s help. She is brilliant at such things. 

nelliethehooker replied on 21/01/2019 22:06

Posted on 21/01/2019 22:06

Rosa got set on by a large mastiv type dog, the owner did not say sorry after i managed to get it off Rosa ,she just said he is not an agressive dog? ,then had a go at me because i had hit it with Rosa's lead.

Hope that Rosa's not injured, JVB. As it happens when we were out with Flyte this morning we encountered a similar sort of dog, but fortunately this one was really friendly, although one wouldn't have thought so looking at it's lead and the way it was pulling it's owner along, but as we stood chatting the two dogs had a quick sniff of each other and then just turned the other way and the mastiff  was more interested in being petted than anything else.

ABM replied on 21/01/2019 22:15

Posted on 21/01/2019 15:36 by brue

Looks like we've all had this task to do. I've been in contact with a cousin in NZ trying to work out who's who in some of our very large families a long time ago but at least the ancestors usually photographed each other rather than an unknown field. wink

Posted on 21/01/2019 22:15

Many  of  the  old  photo's  might  have  had  pencil  notes  on  the  back  reminding  the  viewer  of  who  the  piccys  are  of  !!  But  also  I  keep  any  "scenic"  ones  if  I  can  be  reasonably  sure  of  where / when  it  was  taken.  I.E.  "thats  Auntie  whotsit  with  that  toyboy  she  hooked  up  with --  must  have  been  in  her  forties  then + he's  at  least  eight  ( 8 )  whole  years  younger"  'Yes  and  they  celebrated  their  50th  last  October,  they  went  back  there  for  a  celebration,  Scafell  Pike  as  I  well  remember '     wink

Takethedogalong replied on 21/01/2019 23:09

Posted on 21/01/2019 23:09

I must have missed your post about Rosa JVB, I hope she is ok. Very frightening for her and you. Annoys me terribly to hear about anything like this.

I hope you are feeling a bit better Nellie, is it just a cold? That’s bad enough.

My Dad was a “toy boy” ABM. Two whole months younger than Mum he was!surprisedsmile

Goldie146 replied on 22/01/2019 10:03

Posted on 22/01/2019 10:03

Like others we're trying to rationalise and sort stuff we don't need - in this case , clothes.

My husband (suggested/nagged) by me has just bought some new "smart" clothes (he has several occasions coming up when normal farm clothes won't do). 

One of the advantages  of  many bedrooms, is  many wardrobes. But it's so easy just to fill them and never wear the clothes. So we've been ruthless - lots of piles - keep, demote to work, charity, throw away etc.

And now that his is done I've started on mine. Even guiltier. Whilst moving things around I've put things on better hangers (less bulky ones). I have a lot of old wooden ones - two with my name written on so they wouldn't abscond. My maiden name that is - from when I went to college in 1967. 

I must get back to it. I was distracted by the postman. With what some may say is clutter - a Bob Dylan CD I've just realised I didn't have (Blood on the Tracks).

Wherenext replied on 22/01/2019 11:59

Posted on 22/01/2019 11:59

Had to take a Blood Pressure monitor back to MILs doctors this morning with her weekly readings. We'll wait with bated breath for any follow up.

Light dusting of snow falling. Hope it doesn't get any heavier a I have to go to the Surgery this afternoon. Car in for MOT tomorrow, fingers crossed. Car Insurance renewed this morning, only £2 difference from last year so can't be bothered checking online for other quotes as I'll only be inundated with emails from the comparison websites.

ABM replied on 22/01/2019 14:47

Posted on 22/01/2019 14:47

Hope  all  Pups, Pets  &  Humans  are  feeling  ok  today  --  'cos  Spring  is  in  the  Air  #    I  really  must  replace  that  chair  surprisedembarassed.

Trust  you  &  Yours  are  given  good  news  from  both of  the   Doctors  and  also  the  garage  WN. 

Goldie  --  nothing  wrong  with  Honest  Workingman's  clothing  !!  I  like  the  leather  apron  worn  by  Jay,  the  "Foreman"  at  the  Weald  Open  Air  Museum's  Repair  Shop.  Think  he  might  spend  an  hour  or  three  treating  that  to  keep  it  in  that  good  condition wink

huskydog replied on 22/01/2019 15:02

Posted on 22/01/2019 15:02

Saturday my van broke down on the way home from work ,got it recovered to the garage ,and today they rang to tell me it needs a new engine frown, costs about $3500 fittedsurprised, the van is only worth about $1000 , so looking for another van …….

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook