What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

RedKite replied on 21/01/2019 14:56

Posted on 21/01/2019 14:56

OH has done our 35mm slides about 3 years ago all on the PC and has just mentioned photographs 1 large container full of them an albums no comment!!!

We had some sunshine am and now gone very cloudy and much cooler and there maybe some snow over the next two days glad we do not live high up on the Pyrenees snow forecast for 1 to 1 and half metres in the next two days brr and from next winter if you live in the mountain areas you may need winter tyres still being discussed at present.

brue replied on 21/01/2019 15:02

Posted on 21/01/2019 15:02

Don't mention photos, I'm trying to sort out my late Mum's, my Grandfather's and ours. A few years back I sorted OH's family ones and divided them between him and his twin sisters. Now I've got to divide the next lot between our three children and keep a few special ones back for the time being. There are an awful lot of unknown views and people on many of them!

replied on 21/01/2019 15:18

Posted on 21/01/2019 15:18

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

brue replied on 21/01/2019 15:36

Posted on 21/01/2019 15:36

Looks like we've all had this task to do. I've been in contact with a cousin in NZ trying to work out who's who in some of our very large families a long time ago but at least the ancestors usually photographed each other rather than an unknown field. wink

Oneputt replied on 21/01/2019 15:47

Posted on 21/01/2019 15:47

I got a small hand held Kaiser Diascop mini 3.  After scanning (professionally) I will send a copy to our son and daughter.  When I did my family tree there were little loads of photos I couldn’t identify as people of their generation had passed on.  

Bright clear day here at home, Mrs One just returned home from Yarmouth, about 1.5 miles where there is thick freezing fog. 

JVB66 replied on 21/01/2019 15:48

Posted on 21/01/2019 15:48

We went for a walk with Rosa through our ancient woods yesterday as weather was so nice and noticed that the Bluebells were coming up ,and that the snowdrops are in full bloom,also the wild daffodils are about 4inch above ground it was a lovely walk until 

Rosa got set on by a large mastiv type dog, the owner did not say sorry after i managed to get it off Rosa ,she just said he is not an agressive dog? ,then had a go at me because i had hit it with Rosas leadyell

Today as we are going away after two more sleeps , have had to cut the grass( all three areas)  as it is growing and we are away for three weeks  ,Birthdays and anniversaries  all at FM,with friends  smile

DavidKlyne replied on 21/01/2019 16:52

Posted on 21/01/2019 16:52

We had a nice surprise today, we had visitors from the past! We had not long got back from IKEA and there was a knock at the door and I heard Margaret talking to someone in very friendly terms, I was upstairs. It turned out to be a couple we were very friendly with when the children were young and they lived just round the corner. At one point they even had a caravan and we used to tour with them. They moved north 37 years ago and apart from Christmas cards we have not really kept in touch much beyond that. It was good to have a natter. Two of their children are the same ages as our two. They were on their way to the Centre Parks at Woburn where they were meeting up with some friends from Kent.

David

replied on 21/01/2019 17:23

Posted on 21/01/2019 15:47 by Oneputt

I got a small hand held Kaiser Diascop mini 3.  After scanning (professionally) I will send a copy to our son and daughter.  When I did my family tree there were little loads of photos I couldn’t identify as people of their generation had passed on.  

Bright clear day here at home, Mrs One just returned home from Yarmouth, about 1.5 miles where there is thick freezing fog. 

Posted on 21/01/2019 17:23

When I copies slides about 12 years ago I set up a cassette projector an large screen and simply photographed the images with a digital camera. Excellent results

ABM replied on 21/01/2019 17:58

Posted on 21/01/2019 17:58

Thank  you  OP,  nice  handy  little  viewer  smile.  My  Diastar  is  elderly  now  but  still  functioning  OK  --  It  does  what  I  need  and  the  halogen  bulbs  are  easily  obtainable  &  give  reasonable  brightness  if  the  screen  is  clean  AND  shielded  from  room  lights.

I'm reluctant  to  scrap  ANY  photos  as  long  as  they  are  reasonably  clear  --  if  nothing  else  they  continue  to  remind  me  I  ain't  the  finest  shutter-clicker  that  ever  lived  embarassed.

Takethedogalong replied on 21/01/2019 18:54

Posted on 21/01/2019 18:54

I dread to think of the thousands of photos at Mum and Dads. They will get sorted though. Every so often I get a big frame and do a collage for Mum.

Been exercising my latent librarian skills this afternoon. We now have some newly made bookshelves in what we call our Winter room. It’s where the stove is, and where we curl up in Winter, OH built some shelves into what had previously been a doorway, and we have been putting some of our favourite reads into the shelves. I love early history and biographies of  the Plantagenet to Tudor monarchs, while OH has some Napoleanic, First and Second World War stuff. Not exactly the Dewey system, but it works for us. Outed around four dozen books so far, lots more to go yet........

Also sourced most of the fittings I need to do a lamp project. An interesting day.....laughing

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook