What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

brue replied on 04/02/2017 16:48

Posted on 04/02/2017 16:48

Goldie, hope you enjoy your music evenings. OH is going to see Steve K locally later this month. He's going with one of our daughters. She bought him a ticket at Christmas. SK used to teach in Dorset and has lots of fans down here!

JVB66 replied on 04/02/2017 16:49

Posted on 04/02/2017 16:35 by ABM

One  Word  Of  Warning  JVB66  !!

The  free  T.V.  licence  does  not,  in  any 

way,  manner  or  form  improve  the  standard

or  content  of  the  programmes  !!

Posted on 04/02/2017 16:49

On the other hand it will not be "why do we have to pay to watch this C**p"wink

IanH replied on 04/02/2017 19:34

Posted on 04/02/2017 19:34

Hope you had a good birthday, Millie.

IanH replied on 04/02/2017 19:40

Posted on 04/02/2017 19:40

Back from a week away in the caravan yesterday. We had a great time - reasonable weather and some lovely walks.

Today was a good flying day. Flew down to Wellesbourne Mountford (east of Stratford upon Avon). Boy was it busy - both in the circuit and in the cafe. Clearly a lot of people had the same idea.

A great day out though!

nelliethehooker replied on 04/02/2017 21:33

Posted on 04/02/2017 21:33

Happy Birthday for tomorrow B2. Hope you have a great day.

Goldie, you certainly get to see plenty of folk singers. While typing this I'm sat here listening to Nothumbrian Voices by Kathryn Tickell. It's one of those records where one must sit and listen intently to the words. Beautiful tunes and poignant songs.

KjellNN replied on 04/02/2017 23:59

Posted on 04/02/2017 23:59

Today has been a very long day.

Last night, just as I was preparing to go to bed,  I discovered the floor in the spare bathroom was wet, under the carpet tiles.  Reckoned someone must have let water get past the shower  curtain.

Lifted the tiles and found the floor was wet and mouldy, took off the bath panel but could not see any leaks.  Put small fan heater to  circulate  air to help it all dry out.

07.30 I was wakened by OH telling me that there was now even more water on the floor, so there must be a leaking pipe somewhere.  Checked bathroom above, no leaks, went up in loft and turned off all the valves I could find.  Then removed the panel beside the shower to look at the pipes in there......and there was the drip, a leaking screw joint.

Tried to tighten it but that made it worse, and also discovered that the valves in the loft cannot be closing properly as a little water is still getting through.  Remade the joint, put a container under it to catch any drips.  

KjellNN replied on 05/02/2017 00:15

Posted on 05/02/2017 00:15

So then we went out, as planned.  Lunch with DD then the 4 of us set off to the "Still Game" live show in town.  DD's husband's BIL is the director so had given all the family free tickets.

Do you get "Still Game" on TV in England?  

Anyway, got the train into town and joined a very long queue to get in, very cold standing in the wind.  Show was good though.  Afterwards we had a backstage tour before setting off home.  Came to the station to find a queue about 400m long so decided to see if we could get a taxi, but none of us had enough  cash.

First cash machine was out of service but then we spotted a bus that would take us a mile or two out of town to where it would be quieter on the train.  So eventually arrived back at DD's about 6.30pm, worn out!

They had decided  on a Chinese carry out for dinner, so by the time that was obtained and eaten it was almost 9.  Then after some discussion regarding her tiles we eventually got home at  10.45.

Bathroom floor is drying out nicely, but there was some water in the container, so the joint is still not 100%.  I will have to have another go at it tomorrow, possibly need to get new joints.

This is the 3rd plumbing problem in less than a year......not good.

replied on 05/02/2017 09:23

Posted on 05/02/2017 09:23

Sorry to hear of plumbing problems K

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook