What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

triky auto replied on 04/02/2017 08:46

Posted on 29/01/2017 10:20 by HelenandTrevor

Hope you get pump sorted Triky.

Posted on 04/02/2017 08:46

wink Well YES !! The mechanic came to me yesterday afternoon to sort out the problem.After investigation it turned out to be the 'dump valve' from the boiler letting by under pressure when the pump cuts in.Probably the minus temperatures causing it to jam open .Fortunately he had a new one on board,same valve a 'Truma' one So for a £20 part ,,,all fixed !!He also checked out the "Alde" fluid level ,which was o.k.And had a check round the vehicle too.Terrific mobile service laughing.

"Mobile Mechanic"  DAZ

07792906633 .

HelenandTrevor replied on 04/02/2017 08:55

Posted on 04/02/2017 08:55

Didn't get chance to post yesterday, so just catching up.

Happy Birthday Millie, glad you had a lovely day.

Glad you enjoyed your break and got home safely Tammygirl. 

Bakers2 enjoy the cake, and Happy Birthday for tomorrow. 

Gosh Malcolm I'd forgotten just how expensive parking is in London, although Oxford isn't far behind.

It's actually dry this morning, although lots of rain overnight.Finished knitting the jumper, so have to sew it up today,  quite pleased with it for a first attempt. Probably going to have to clear some space in the garage, for the stuff our son doesn't want to take to Manchester, yet another clear out!

Hope everyone has a good weekend.smile

HelenandTrevor replied on 04/02/2017 08:57

Posted on 04/02/2017 08:46 by triky auto

wink Well YES !! The mechanic came to me yesterday afternoon to sort out the problem.After investigation it turned out to be the 'dump valve' from the boiler letting by under pressure when the pump cuts in.Probably the minus temperatures causing it to jam open .Fortunately he had a new one on board,same valve a 'Truma' one So for a £20 part ,,,all fixed !!He also checked out the "Alde" fluid level ,which was o.k.And had a check round the vehicle too.Terrific mobile service laughing.

"Mobile Mechanic"  DAZ

07792906633 .

Posted on 04/02/2017 08:57

That's great triky, all ready for your next trip now. 

milliehull replied on 04/02/2017 09:07

Posted on 04/02/2017 09:07

Happy birthday Bakers.  I hope you enjoy your 2 celebrations this weekend (and the cake of course laughing)

Goldie146 replied on 04/02/2017 14:11

Posted on 04/02/2017 14:11

We are having a quietish weekend, with only one night out. Husband and son are still working as hard as ever (about 80 hours a week ) but we try to get "off farm " once a week. You can't beat live music to take you out of yourself. The past two weeks we've been to four gigs at The Brewery Arts Centre, Kendal ( just five miles away). All were brilliant , but the last one - Seth Lakeman was outstanding. One was part of BBC Two's Young Folk Awards - ten amazingly talented young acts (and all for £6!). 

Tonight we are heading east, across the border into Yorkshire. To Settle to see Steve Knightley (of Show of Hands). We've seen him several times so know it will be a good night. 

ABM replied on 04/02/2017 14:36

Posted on 04/02/2017 14:36

Hope  all  you  young  whippersnappers  have  a  most

Staggeringly  Pleasant  Birthday  Celebration  this  weekend

Most  sorry  if  the  greetings  are  a  little  out  of  sync

with  the  actual  Day  wink.

triky auto replied on 04/02/2017 15:11

Posted on 04/02/2017 08:57 by HelenandTrevor

That's great triky, all ready for your next trip now. 

Posted on 04/02/2017 15:11

wink, Oh Yes !! Next week-end.A long break at Black Horse Farm (again) !! Fri' to Sun' getaway.Thanks H & T.

Tammygirl replied on 04/02/2017 15:56

Posted on 04/02/2017 15:56

Weather not as bad as forecast, didn't get snow just a bit of rain which didn't last long. Did the food shopping mid morning, all healthy options we are back on our eating plan after the 2 weeks away where we put on a fair bit of weight. We still hadn't shifted the extra pounds from the cruise/Christmas/New Year, so it will be a very strict 4 weeks before we head off to Lanzarote, if I don't I certainly won't want to be donning short and swimsuits. Does anyone else find that as you get older it takes less to put the pounds on and much harder to take them off. When I was younger I never had a problem, I could eat what I liked and it never made any difference, now all I have to do is think about it and the pounds creep up. So its walking/cycling and the Wii fit everyday, plus no biscuits/cakes/crisps or chips, puddings are out too frown OH's not going to like it, salads are back on the menu laughing

Happy Birthday Bakers2, can't believe its been a year since you had your significant birthday in Thailand. I think you would like Chester, the town is lovely so really old bridges and buildings, nice and quaint, the retail outlet is defo worth a look.

JVB66 replied on 04/02/2017 16:14

Posted on 04/02/2017 16:14

All the best people ere born around this time of yearcool

just got my last tv licence that i will have to pay forwink 

ABM replied on 04/02/2017 16:35

Posted on 04/02/2017 16:14 by JVB66

All the best people ere born around this time of yearcool

just got my last tv licence that i will have to pay forwink 

Posted on 04/02/2017 16:35

One  Word  Of  Warning  JVB66  !!

The  free  T.V.  licence  does  not,  in  any 

way,  manner  or  form  improve  the  standard

or  content  of  the  programmes  !!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook