What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Tammygirl replied on 02/02/2017 23:34

Posted on 02/02/2017 23:34

Had a nice time at Ferry Meadows,  went to the Cathedral yesterday MillieH. Think we will be returning to the area again.

Now at White Water in Middlesbrough,  arrived at 13.00 good drive up no delays traffic moving very well.

Its very windy here van getting a bit of a rock on it when it gusts. The site looking good after the new works that went on last year. They have cut down some of the trees that were getting a bit big in the service pitches area. It looks more roomy and brighter now.

Home tomorrow hope the wind and rain isn't to bad on the way up and that the Forth bridge doesn't get shut or its a long way round otherwise.

KjellNN replied on 03/02/2017 01:00

Posted on 02/02/2017 16:16 by brue

The last time I had to go to Scotland in a hurry (family funeral) I flew there and back in a day. Probably wouldn't like to do the Glasgow/London flight due to the palaver of getting into central London but those Megabus bunks are for the travel hardy....depends who's opposite. Just how close are you to your fellow bus bunkers?! embarassed

Anyway well done KJ, you did it and lived to tell the tale. tongue-out

Posted on 03/02/2017 01:00

My bunk was on its own, on one side of the aisle,  with one bunk above.  There are double bunks on the other which you can book as a double, but they can also have a divider in them and be sold as 2 singles.

Via Trip Advisor, I was aware of this and turned up plenty early enough at the bus station to have a full choice of bunks, you do not book a specific bunk.

However, the bus was far from full, so there was no "bunk sharing" needed by anyone on this occasion.  

The width of the bunks seems to be the same whatever layout you get.

Pretty similar  to a railway sleeper, though it must be over 40 years since I used one of those.

The flights to London were a good price, but as you said, the hassle and cost of getting into where I needed to be (Belgrave Square), meant the bus was so much more convenient

Only a 10 minute walk from the bus station to the Embassy.

KjellNN replied on 03/02/2017 01:24

Posted on 03/02/2017 01:24

Our family is a bit of a mess when it comes to children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren.

My second oldest nephew, now 55 , has a daughter, now 32, who is 9 months older  than my daughter.

His mother is now a great grandmother, she is only 6 months older than me.  The great grandson   is now 3.

Our grandchildren (our son's children) are almost 7 and 11, our daughter is 15 years younger than her brother and does not yet have any children.  She is the youngest of the cousins.

My sister who is  2 years younger than me has great grandchildren who are almost as old as my almost 7 year old granddaughter.

My grandfather on my dad's side had 13 children, so there was a big age range there to start with, my dad was about in the middle of the age range, but my parents were about 30 before they started having children.

KjellNN replied on 03/02/2017 01:34

Posted on 03/02/2017 01:34

We started relatively young, OH was 21 when DS was born, though I was 27, but then he did not have his first till he was 36, so we are well behind my siblings on the grandchildren chart!

triky auto replied on 03/02/2017 08:36

Posted on 03/02/2017 08:36

wink Nice bright morning here in East Kent ,very little wind ,so far,despite the gale warnings.Off to the B/Yd now,more maintenance etc .

Wherenext replied on 03/02/2017 16:56

Posted on 03/02/2017 16:56

Our back door lock seized yesterday but a nice locksmith called around and gave us some temporary respite then called back today with a brand new part. It was a bit more of a job than just replacing one as the fixtures that receive the lock needed to be moved as the old locking mechanism is now out of date (only 12 years old). Anyway we're much poorer than when we started the day.

Cheered up later on by having lunch with my former co-directors and we had a good laugh and a pleasant lunch made all the more pleasant by having it bought for me. Mind you, it's my turn next time.

Looking at the forecast for next week and think that we might now get away for 4 or 5 nights on a local(ish) CL as my mouth is nearly recovered from the extraction last week. How long does it take to get back to normal? I feel like I've gone 15 rounds in the boxing ring.

KjellNN replied on 03/02/2017 17:11

Posted on 03/02/2017 17:11

Yesterday and today I have been at DD's house for several hours installing wiring for under-cupboard lights in her kitchen.

Previously she had them plugged into nearby  sockets, but now she has finally chosen some tiles, the state of the walls is no longer important.

It's a timber frame house, so I had to cut the plasterboard where there was a bit of wood in the way.

4 sets of lights, 3 in the kitchen and 1 in the utility room, controlled by switches that match the fancy socket plates used by the builders.

Looks much neater now!

First lot of tiles, for the utility room, are being purchased this weekend I believe, so that is my timetable for the next few weeks filled up!

One last task before I can go home......fix a loose toilet seat.

We also have a loose one at home, so that will have to be fixed after dinner.

JVB66 replied on 03/02/2017 17:17

Posted on 03/02/2017 17:17

Part replacement for our c/van seats arrived this morning from c/van manufacturer smile two more bits to come from seating makers,

Then off by bus to St Albans for update to hearing aids,embarassed

And out tonight to Hertford for 400yr celebrations of grandsons schoolsurprised

replied on 03/02/2017 18:48

Posted on 03/02/2017 18:48

We went to Guys Hospital in London yesterday for my wife's dental appointment. It was much easier this time as we used the Smart car so no problem using the multi-storey car park next door. London Bridge NCP which cost £28 plus £11.50 congestion charge.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook