What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

HelenandTrevor replied on 27/01/2017 20:38

Posted on 27/01/2017 19:43 by Wherenext

We'll arrange for a meeting. I'll drop you a line nearer the time. We're away down south for Spring and get back home around about the 7th. June so a couple of weeks to recycle the mail, clean the van etc.

Haven't been to the Yorkshire coast for quite a number of years so looking forward to it.

Posted on 27/01/2017 20:38

That would be great Wherenext,  we haven't been to the area for a few years either, looking forward to it now too.smile

KjellNN replied on 27/01/2017 20:39

Posted on 27/01/2017 20:39

Just had a call from DD in USA, she should have been flying home tonight but the plane coming to Raleigh (where she is) was delayed so she will miss her connection in Newark and will have to wait 24 hours for the next direct flight from Newark to Glasgow.

The delay is due to bad weather, so just possibly the plane from Newark  to Glasgow is likewise delayed.  She will not know till she gets to Newark.

ABM replied on 27/01/2017 20:40

Posted on 27/01/2017 20:27 by Bakers2

Update son and future daughter in law home but chilly 😃

Posted on 27/01/2017 20:40

Is  that  a  DEFINITE  Daughter  in  Law,  B2  or

are  you  still  dreaming  ( of  Big,  Flowery  Hats  and

such  things  ,, ,, ,, ,, ,, ,, ,, ,,  laughing  ?? )

Bakers2 replied on 27/01/2017 20:49

Posted on 27/01/2017 20:49

Question popped and affirmative reply 😀 . not hats more diet and exercise 😕.   

Bakers2 replied on 27/01/2017 20:55

Posted on 27/01/2017 20:39 by KjellNN

Just had a call from DD in USA, she should have been flying home tonight but the plane coming to Raleigh (where she is) was delayed so she will miss her connection in Newark and will have to wait 24 hours for the next direct flight from Newark to Glasgow.

The delay is due to bad weather, so just possibly the plane from Newark  to Glasgow is likewise delayed.  She will not know till she gets to Newark.

Posted on 27/01/2017 20:55

I do hope all works out and she doesn't have too much hanging around. I do hope that weather not planning on coming over with her 😉   

replied on 27/01/2017 22:58

Posted on 27/01/2017 19:39 by Bakers2

Fingers crossed for the results once results they have been analysis ed.  It's amazing how knowing you can't do something makes it all the more appealing. On the rare ocassion we have someone in to do some work I have a urge to do housework. Second they leave so does the urge 😂

Posted on 27/01/2017 22:58

Thanks Bakers2. Once they get hold of you they don't let go. I ended up overnight on a stroke ward in Feb last year with a suspected TIA. Having lost most of the sight in my right eye a few years ago, when I started having trouble reading the print on my computer one night I phoned for an ambulance. When I left the ward next morning the ward doctor and I thought that it was more likely due to the doubling of a tablet dose for blood pressure as it is a known side effect. I receive regular appointments to the 'Elderly' Clinic. cry

Last year brain scan, ultrasound of aorta in neck, 3 visits for eyes connected to this, 2 visits related to the lost of sight in my right eye previously and checking left plus an annual visit to photograph my eyes. 3 visits following various tests. Visit for fitting a one day heart monitor which showed no problems. 3 visits to doctors practice nurse, 3 blood tests. Due for an Echo cardiogram in Feb. 

The good thing is that the hospital had info of all my 17 weeks holidays last year and the appointments were fitted around this. 

DSB replied on 27/01/2017 23:10

Posted on 27/01/2017 23:10

Had the results of my ECG today.  (I was sent for an ECG after having a chest xray, because of a cough I have had for ages.  The x-ray showed a larger than normal heart, but showed my chest as being clear).  ECG came back as normal, fortunately.  I happened to mention a pain in my leg. She thinks it's possibly sciatica, but to be on the safe side, she's sending me for a hip x-ray.

Whatever you think of the NHS, I can honestly say the care I get from my GP's and hospital consultants has been excellent.  A big thumbs up to my local medical professionals.

David 

replied on 28/01/2017 00:13

Posted on 28/01/2017 00:13

Forgot the Chest X-Ray as well laughing

KjellNN replied on 28/01/2017 01:00

Posted on 27/01/2017 20:55 by Bakers2

I do hope all works out and she doesn't have too much hanging around. I do hope that weather not planning on coming over with her 😉   

Posted on 28/01/2017 01:00

Just had a text to say they had a faster than expected flight from Raleigh to Newark and arrived just in time to catch the original connecting flight to Glasgow as it was indeed also delayed arriving from somewhere else.

She is now safely on the plane, so should land here at 07.30 in the morning.

Plane is far from full, so looks like she will have a full row of seats to herself.

I expect it will take her a day or two to catch up on her sleep now!

KjellNN replied on 28/01/2017 01:02

Posted on 27/01/2017 20:49 by Bakers2

Question popped and affirmative reply 😀 . not hats more diet and exercise 😕.   

Posted on 28/01/2017 01:02

Have they set a date yet?

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook