What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

moulesy replied on 09/12/2016 13:24

Posted on 09/12/2016 13:24

Just a quick note to say sorry I'm not around much at the moment.  It's the same old chaotic December with concerts, practices and services coming out of my ears!!  I'll post when I can, but thinkin about you all.

David 

...Do not worry CT is off anyway from tonightSurprised

Hey, I might get that pizza delivered down here after all! Wink

huskydog replied on 09/12/2016 13:34

Posted on 09/12/2016 13:34

My wife had some good news today from the hospital , she had trouble walking and keeping her balance for months, and after some X-rays and bone tests they have found her hip joint is crumbling awaySad , so a new hip joint will fix it Happy,only a 3-4 month wait Cool

replied on 09/12/2016 14:32

Posted on 09/12/2016 14:32

My wife had some good news today from the hospital , she had trouble walking and keeping her balance for months, and after some X-rays and bone tests they have found her hip joint is crumbling awaySad , so a new hip joint will fix it Happy,only a 3-4 month wait Cool

I hope all goes well HD

DavidKlyne replied on 09/12/2016 14:42

Posted on 09/12/2016 14:42

Had my right hip replaced about seven years ago. It was so worn that I was literally lop sided when I walked or should that be limped!!! The operation has made an amazing difference to me and hopefully will do the same for your wife. No bad thing waiting until Spring for the operation, not such a good idea to have it done when there is the possibility of snow and ice!!!

David

Goldie146 replied on 09/12/2016 15:11

Posted on 09/12/2016 15:11

I know I ought to have done it weeks ago, but today I've made a Christmas cake. I've been using the same recipe since we married in 1970, and baked in a tin my Nan had the local blacksmith make in the 1920's. There's too much mixture for a normal bowl so I use a large stoneware crock and my hand (no spoon or beaters). It will go in the bottom oven of the Aga tonight for about 8 - 10 hours. Give or take an hour or two.

Maybe this will get me in a more Christmas frame of mind. I've bougot all the presents but my heart isn't really in it.

brue replied on 09/12/2016 15:28

Posted on 09/12/2016 15:28

Ooh the smell of Christmas cake cooking, that will be good! I'm approaching the marzipan and icing bit, one for us, one for our son.

Husky I hope your wife will have much improved health when the op gets done.

I have had a morning out looking at the Christmas display at our local garden centre, the owners wife gave a talk to our gardening club recently about the way the buying is done for the displays. I walked round seeing it in a different way, especially knowing that not everything comes over in container ships from China. The tinsel is made in Wales and most of the glass baubles are from Poland. Unfortunately my purse flew open and I came back with more stuff!! Wink

Wherenext replied on 09/12/2016 15:45

Posted on 09/12/2016 15:45

Well done to Goldie for helping the sales of gin in the UK  exceed £1bn this year. Your contribution has been immense. Have a glass to celebrateWink

milliehull replied on 09/12/2016 16:08

Posted on 09/12/2016 16:08

Have just been with Mr H for his consultation about his catarct op.  It is now all booked for 13th January.  The consultant then took him by surprise by saying that he would book him in to do the other eye 2 weeks later! Very quick service all round as he only had to wait about 4 weeks from the referral from the optician to today's appt so all done and dusted in a couple of months.  I don't think we will be going anywhere with the caravan now until well into the new year.  We shall probably look at going away for a few days in March hopefully.

moulesy replied on 09/12/2016 16:09

Posted on 09/12/2016 16:09

Oooh! Me, me, me! Don't suppose we'll be able to do that after Tuesday! Wink

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook