What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

replied on 28/11/2016 10:34

Posted on 28/11/2016 10:34

Lovely sunny morning here in Findon. We plan to do some shopping later to get the fridge and freezer stocked up.

replied on 28/11/2016 14:16

Posted on 28/11/2016 14:16

We had sausage and mash in a Yorkshire Pudding for lunch which we got at a discounted price from Tesco. It took 35 minutes to cook in the awning electric oven. We cooked two one for each of us at 69 pence each. It was discounted from £2.30 each. A nice bargain priced lunch!

replied on 28/11/2016 14:22

Posted on 28/11/2016 14:22

No orders so far, so we've spent the afternoon catching up with caravan chores after having had a nap after lunch. The front windows look cleaner now. The sun went behind the hill at 13:30, so no more sun todaySad but at least the sky is blue. No clouds!

Francis replied on 28/11/2016 15:49

Posted on 28/11/2016 15:49

We have just returned from a great 3 night break in Moffat. It was a very festive weekend as yesterday was the annual Christmas festival with a great Christmas market etc and all the shops decorated. There was then a parade through the town and "Santa" finally switchng the lights on at 5pm I also managed to catach the Scottish League Cup final in a cosy little pub so a good day all round. A special menton must be made for the wardens at the C&CC site as last night they put on a little party with mulled wine and cakes etc for people on the site and they had made a great effort decorating the reception area. We had an uneventful drive home today although I had to wash the motorhome when we got back as it had got covered in mud and salt etc from the roads.

triky auto replied on 28/11/2016 15:50

Posted on 28/11/2016 15:50

Wink Home early from the boatyard today,lovely sunny day ,slight NNE breeze.Took the volvo in for a wash as i'm on a day trip tomorrow to Wimereaux (of course) .A bit of shopping ,diesel up then to my favourite restaurant " Hotel Atlantic" for lunch .Another "treat Pete week !!"Happy.Mmmm.

KjellNN replied on 28/11/2016 16:04

Posted on 28/11/2016 16:04

Spent most of the morning waiting at DD's rented out flat for washing machine repair man to arrive.  WM now sorted, a wire to the door switch had become  disconnected,  so machine thought door was not closed and hence would not start up.

While there I got quite a surprise when 2 fellows turned up to change the electricity meter.  Tenants have been getting estimated quarterly bills, their english is very poor so they had not realised these were only estimates, so are £750 in arrears. Meter had not been read for some 18 months.

Supplier has now fitted a prepayment meter set to repay at £5 per week, so that will take a while to cover.  I doubt they will be staying in UK that long, so hope it will not be a problem to get a credit meter put back in when they leave.

They are also behind on the gas, so will need to see what happens there.  DD is most unhappy at the prospect of possibly being stuck with this meter, has anyone any experience of getting a meter replaced in this sort of situation?

Tammygirl replied on 28/11/2016 16:31

Posted on 28/11/2016 16:31

Spent most of the morning waiting at DD's rented out flat for washing machine repair man to arrive.  WM now sorted, a wire to the door switch had become  disconnected,  so machine thought door was not closed and hence would not start up.

While there I got quite a surprise when 2 fellows turned up to change the electricity meter.  Tenants have been getting estimated quarterly bills, their english is very poor so they had not realised these were only estimates, so are £750 in arrears. Meter had not been read for some 18 months.

Supplier has now fitted a prepayment meter set to repay at £5 per week, so that will take a while to cover.  I doubt they will be staying in UK that long, so hope it will not be a problem to get a credit meter put back in when they leave.

They are also behind on the gas, so will need to see what happens there.  DD is most unhappy at the prospect of possibly being stuck with this meter, has anyone any experience of getting a meter replaced in this sort of situation?

On the Martin Lewis programme last week he mentioned that it is now easier to get these type of meters change back to normal meters. See if you can get the programme on STV player I think it was in the second half of the programme.

replied on 28/11/2016 18:32

Posted on 28/11/2016 18:32

We went shopping at Tesco Extra and so have got stocked up with groceries to last a few days now.

The first order has come through.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook