What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

milliehull replied on 27/11/2016 19:35

Posted on 27/11/2016 19:35

Thanks Millie. But why the name change? Red Lion to Rose and Crown.

Write your comments here...

A senior moment on my partUndecidedWink

nelliethehooker replied on 27/11/2016 19:36

Posted on 27/11/2016 19:36

Drove home today from 6 night stop at Southport. Big frost overnight and some ice on roads near site but sunny for most of the way with occasional bits of fog.

Got caught up in traffic jams from Widnes to Runcorn. Anybody in the area should avoid like the plague until road improvements completed.

Unpacked. Feel so much more relaxed after week away. 

That's good to know. Have you any idea of when the roadworks will be complete? We had intended going that route in 2 weeks time, through to Chester.

I come from that area and still have family living there. The roadworks are associated with a long term project to build a new crossing over the Mersey. Many roads are affected and my family report daily chaos!

For Chester, a far better route would be M6, then M56 which avoids the roadworks altogether.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. As we'll be in no rush that's what we'll probably do.

nelliethehooker replied on 27/11/2016 19:37

Posted on 27/11/2016 19:37

M56 is a better route to Chester but avoid rush hour as there seems to be a serious accident every day at the moment 

It will be late morning when we head to Chester so will miss the rush hour.

JVB66 replied on 27/11/2016 19:39

Posted on 27/11/2016 19:39

Just returned from meeting up with friends for lunch.  So lovely to see them all.  A very convivial time was had by all - well the men anyway.  The women were the drivers.  Not that I mind as I don't drink alcohol at lunchtime. Lovely food and lots of chat.

...Somewhere nice Millie?

The Red Lion at Thorney JVB. Have been a few times and can recommend it next time you are in this area. You can look up the menus and prices on the internet.

...Thanks will look it up ,back up there on 10th Dec

nelliethehooker replied on 27/11/2016 19:39

Posted on 27/11/2016 19:39

Hey Gollky, enjoy your tripHappy

Plus one. Good to see you post

A classic example of using plus 1 . 

+2,  Nice to see you're back on CT Golly.

nelliethehooker replied on 27/11/2016 19:46

Posted on 27/11/2016 19:46

Thanks for the kind wishes Milliehull and David. Yes although it's very painful at the moment, the exercises cause the most pain, I'm sure it will all work out in the end. They do say no gain without pain and never was it more true

Good to hear that you're home recovering PG. All the exercises that you can do will be well worth the effort & pain in the long run.

milliehull replied on 27/11/2016 19:50

Posted on 27/11/2016 19:50

Just returned from meeting up with friends for lunch.  So lovely to see them all.  A very convivial time was had by all - well the men anyway.  The women were the drivers.  Not that I mind as I don't drink alcohol at lunchtime. Lovely food and lots of chat.

The Red Lion at Thorney JVB. Have been a few times and can recommend it next time you are in this area. You can look up the menus and prices on the internet.

Sorry JVB It is The Rose and Crown - a senior moment on my part. I can't even blame the alcohol as I only drank fizzy waterHappy

JVB66 replied on 27/11/2016 19:54

Posted on 27/11/2016 19:54

Sorry JVB It is The Rose and Crown - a senior moment on my part. I can't even blame the alcohol as I only drank fizzy waterHappy

Senior moment, you, never.Surprised.Thanks again will look it up.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook