What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

KjellNN replied on 27/11/2016 16:47

Posted on 27/11/2016 16:47

My Mum used to knit all her own dishcloths when I was a child.Laughing

Mine too when she was out of other projects. I hated the bulkiness of them myself, and they took an age to dry however you laid/hung them after use

My youngest sister, when she runs out of other things to knit, knits and crochets dish cloths, which she then inflicts on the rest of us!

Since we use disposable J cloths, we now have a small stack of her dishcloths looking for a good home, or a good alternative use.  Innocent

Write your comments here...

Polishing the van perhaps Kj?

Our poor caravan is pleased when it gets washed......maybe twice a year, but polishing......what is that?!

milliehull replied on 27/11/2016 16:49

Posted on 27/11/2016 16:49

Just returned from meeting up with friends for lunch.  So lovely to see them all.  A very convivial time was had by all - well the men anyway.  The women were the drivers.  Not that I mind as I don't drink alcohol at lunchtime. Lovely food and lots of chat.

Bakers2 replied on 27/11/2016 17:15

Posted on 27/11/2016 17:15

Had son home for a few hours . Was with friends in the north of the county last night, here for shower as it turns out and quick catch up plus car parking!! Nice to see him but F1 on so didn't learn much . Another friend arrived to avail himself of parking - played butterflies, that'll date me. Drive has some nice looking cars on it, but not ours . Another friend picked them up together with golf clubs off to play in Kent on a links course. Found myself offering him dinner before he heads back to Peterborough tomorrow evening .

Waved them off wondering about the music we could hear. Realised it was city light up, never heard the music before. Then they let off the fireworks ridiculously loud, we are almost a mile away and they were loud indoors!!!! Is it really necessary????  Luckily no young children or animals these days

Bakers2 replied on 27/11/2016 17:24

Posted on 27/11/2016 17:24

Milliehull sounds very pleasant and a chance to relax this evening. Tammygirl my knitting has never stretched to Aran or fair isle, I have a cousin who makes exquisite lace. 

We too have lost the sun, not that we had it as much as you. Been cool but dry dried washing nicely, smells lovely.

KjellNN I thought we were the only Ines on here who didn't do polishing of vehicles, not just motorhome

JVB66 replied on 27/11/2016 17:37

Posted on 27/11/2016 17:37

Just returned from meeting up with friends for lunch.  So lovely to see them all.  A very convivial time was had by all - well the men anyway.  The women were the drivers.  Not that I mind as I don't drink alcohol at lunchtime. Lovely food and lots of chat.

...Somewhere nice Millie?

milliehull replied on 27/11/2016 18:02

Posted on 27/11/2016 18:02

...Somewhere nice Millie?

Write your comments here...

The Red Lion at Thorney JVB. Have been a few times and can recommend it next time you are in this area. You can look up the menus and prices on the internet.

HelenandTrevor replied on 27/11/2016 18:04

Posted on 27/11/2016 18:04

Sounds like you had a really good time Millie. Smile

HelenandTrevor replied on 27/11/2016 18:08

Posted on 27/11/2016 18:08

Milliehull sounds very pleasant and a chance to relax this evening. Tammygirl my knitting has never stretched to Aran or fair isle, I have a cousin who makes exquisite lace. 

We too have lost the sun, not that we had it as much as you. Been cool but dry dried washing nicely, smells lovely.

KjellNN I thought we were the only Ines on here who didn't do polishing of vehicles, not just motorhome

You are not alone Bakers2 ,  don't think any of our vehicles including the caravan have ever been polished . UndecidedEmbarassed

replied on 27/11/2016 18:09

Posted on 27/11/2016 18:09

Wink, Just been out to Sunday lunch,(fed up with my own cooking) to the Black Horse @ Monks Horton.Just off the A2068 from the M20 South of Ashford.Good M/H park up too .Going to use it again in a couple weeks for a long week-end break with Concorde.VERY good food real ales etc .Overnight fee is £10 including EHU & a discount on the meals.Handy for the tunnel too !!.Cool.

Write your comments here...There's a Concorde parked next to us on the campsite. It looks like a German number plate.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook