What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

HelenandTrevor replied on 27/11/2016 12:14

Posted on 27/11/2016 12:14

Been reading all about you knitters Smilemy mum taught me to knit but I was never very good Sad kept dropping stitches.

There were lots of lovely knitted items at the Christmas craft fair I went to yesterday. I think it's getting more popular. Think I'll try and find my needles, it would be good  to see if I can remember what to do.

Not much happening today, weather very cloudy, have stripped all the beds, even the one in the spare bedroom. now all in the machine. Think I'll do a bit of Internet christmas shopping, while OH watches the F1.

Pliers replied on 27/11/2016 13:42

Posted on 27/11/2016 13:42

Well a year older ,but am I a year wiser ??Innocent

P.S, can't knit Frown

Happy Birthday, have a good one!

P.S.  I can knit, but don't want to!

Pliers replied on 27/11/2016 13:45

Posted on 27/11/2016 13:45

I'm sitting here with ice packs on my knee. I've got to do my exercises four times a day followed by icing to try and get the swelling down. I had the operation on Tuesday and was home on Thursday. I chickened out on staying awake and had the sedative, I woke up in the operating theatre just as they were bandaging up my leg. I'm hoping to go to my daughters for tea since I'm getting stir crazy already.

Take it easy. Feet up, bottle of wine, heal slowly, heal well.

Or just drink the wine!

triky auto replied on 27/11/2016 15:34

Posted on 27/11/2016 15:34

Wink, Just been out to Sunday lunch,(fed up with my own cooking) to the Black Horse @ Monks Horton.Just off the A2068 from the M20 South of Ashford.Good M/H park up too .Going to use it again in a couple weeks for a long week-end break with Concorde.VERY good food real ales etc .Overnight fee is £10 including EHU & a discount on the meals.Handy for the tunnel too !!.Cool.

KjellNN replied on 27/11/2016 15:44

Posted on 27/11/2016 15:44

My Mum used to knit all her own dishcloths when I was a child.Laughing

Mine too when she was out of other projects. I hated the bulkiness of them myself, and they took an age to dry however you laid/hung them after use

My youngest sister, when she runs out of other things to knit, knits and crochets dish cloths, which she then inflicts on the rest of us!

Since we use disposable J cloths, we now have a small stack of her dishcloths looking for a good home, or a good alternative use.  Innocent

Wherenext replied on 27/11/2016 15:46

Posted on 27/11/2016 15:46

Drove home today from 6 night stop at Southport. Big frost overnight and some ice on roads near site but sunny for most of the way with occasional bits of fog.

Got caught up in traffic jams from Widnes to Runcorn. Anybody in the area should avoid like the plague until road improvements completed.

Unpacked. Feel so much more relaxed after week away. 

That's good to know. Have you any idea of when the roadworks will be complete? We had intended going that route in 2 weeks time, through to Chester.

Write your comments here... About another 2 years, NTH! Suggest you either go the long way around , back to the M6, go through Liverpool and the tunnel. Not as bad as it sounds, as it's a farily straight run down the dock road area and the tunnel entrance is north side of the city centre so you enter it before getting into serious traffic, or lastly put up with a possible 1-2 hour crawl through the roadworks to get over Runcorn bridge. You might be lucky and hit is just right as we did on the way out but that was a Sunday. Good luck whichever you choose but don't be tempted to try to find short cuts around Runcorn. I have an aunt who lives there and I visit regularly and I got lost on the last visit due to a diversion!

Wherenext replied on 27/11/2016 15:55

Posted on 27/11/2016 15:55

P.S, can't knit Frown

Write your comments here... As you're still posting on here the answer is obvious, isn't it?Undecided

Hope you had a good day.

milliehull replied on 27/11/2016 16:34

Posted on 27/11/2016 16:34

My Mum used to knit all her own dishcloths when I was a child.Laughing

Mine too when she was out of other projects. I hated the bulkiness of them myself, and they took an age to dry however you laid/hung them after use

My youngest sister, when she runs out of other things to knit, knits and crochets dish cloths, which she then inflicts on the rest of us!

Since we use disposable J cloths, we now have a small stack of her dishcloths looking for a good home, or a good alternative use.  Innocent

Write your comments here...

Polishing the van perhaps Kj?

Tammygirl replied on 27/11/2016 16:41

Posted on 27/11/2016 16:41

P.S, can'

P.S, can't knit Frown

...happy birthday, bit late I know but i've been busy, hope you have had a good day.

JayEss I've not tried using 5 needles for socks, usually just the 4, might give it a try to see how I get on.  

I've done most kind of knitting over the years, at one time I was very into Aran patterns, fairisle is a challenge to do, so these days I tend to use the knitting machine if I want to do anything like that. Lace is something I've only done on baby clothes or on the knitting machine. These days I like to do smaller items like childrens jumpers/cardigans or toys. Nice and easy to take away with me in the van.

It's been a much milder day today, the frost has all gone but so has the sun Frown

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook