What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

young thomas replied on 21/11/2016 17:27

Posted on 21/11/2016 17:27

we were going to Bristol shopping and then on to the cinema..

however, it was really cold and hammering down so decided against (wimps, arent we?).....

just saw a piccy online of cars virtually floating down the Whitchurch Road.....

good decision, then.....Wink

milliehull replied on 21/11/2016 17:30

Posted on 21/11/2016 17:30

Wow what a day, Surprisedwent to work in the rain, then watched the rain from the office window, and then still raining when I came home, don't think it even got light today .  Sad

My countryfile Calander had been delivered so cheered myself up by looking at the lovely photographs . Smile

Son emailed me his "Amazon Wish List" think we're supposed to get ideas for Christmas !  UndecidedThink I'll reply with my own "wish list" WinkLaughing May need a boat if it doesn't stop raining ! ! Sad

Write your comments here...

We have just been emailed an Amazon wish list by our son as well HelenLaughing He hasn't asked for mine but I think it would include at least 2 weeks in the Bahamas.Cool The Countryfile calander is lovely isn't it.

replied on 21/11/2016 17:33

Posted on 21/11/2016 17:33

Mr H has decided that he needs to learn how to use the  internet so I am trying to teach him this morning.  My patience is being tried to the limit.Yell

I'm impressed and feel your pain. My OH fully conversant with internet and has been since the beginning but refuses to learn online banking. I have just had 'the conversation' with him again . Its his credit card bill that I was paying!!!! If it didn't cost so much in interest I'd leave it to him, but I can't watch others take his hard earned pension, that's my right

...Neither of us will have anything to do with on line bankingUndecidedand OH does not "do computers"

Write your comments here...My eldest brother is like that. He won't have anything to do with computers. All communications have to be sent by snail mail!  He's in his 80s.

SteveL replied on 21/11/2016 17:37

Posted on 21/11/2016 17:37

Decided to brave the weather and drive to the gym this pm. There were some very big puddles, many wide ones and stretching across the whole road in some cases. Drove rather carefully thru them - not always able to tell the depth, some places where the road has been patched have washed out.

doesnt help when the wet stuff is falling out of the sky at a rate of knots too. 

Bakers2 replied on 21/11/2016 17:45

Posted on 21/11/2016 17:45

Wow what a day, Surprisedwent to work in the rain, then watched the rain from the office window, and then still raining when I came home, don't think it even got light today .  Sad

My countryfile Calander had been delivered so cheered myself up by looking at the lovely photographs . Smile

Son emailed me his "Amazon Wish List" think we're supposed to get ideas for Christmas !  UndecidedThink I'll reply with my own "wish list" WinkLaughing May need a boat if it doesn't stop raining ! ! Sad

Quite luike the udea that whatever their age rustmas is for their wish list . I think sending you own is very sensible! 

replied on 21/11/2016 17:50

Posted on 21/11/2016 17:50

we were going to Bristol shopping and then on to the cinema..

however, it was really cold and hammering down so decided against (wimps, arent we?).....

just saw a piccy online of cars virtually floating down the Whitchurch Road.....

good decision, then.....Wink

Write your comments here...Surely, the cinema is the ideal way to get away from bad weather, isn't it BB? Your warm and sheltered as well as entertained in a cinema or theatre!

replied on 21/11/2016 17:53

Posted on 21/11/2016 17:53

Decided to brave the weather and drive to the gym this pm. There were some very big puddles, many wide ones and stretching across the whole road in some cases. Drove rather carefully thru them - not always able to tell the depth, some places where the road has been patched have washed out.

doesnt help when the wet stuff is falling out of the sky at a rate of knots too. 

Write your comments here...I find the worst of it is when it splashes on to your windscreen so that you can't see a thing for a few seconds until it clears.

Bakers2 replied on 21/11/2016 17:53

Posted on 21/11/2016 17:53

Mr H has decided that he needs to learn how to use the  internet so I am trying to teach him this morning.  My patience is being tried to the limit.Yell

I'm impressed and feel your pain. My OH fully conversant with internet and has been since the beginning but refuses to learn online banking. I have just had 'the conversation' with him again . Its his credit card bill that I was paying!!!! If it didn't cost so much in interest I'd leave it to him, but I can't watch others take his hard earned pension, that's my right

...Neither of us will have anything to do with on line bankingUndecidedand OH does not "do computers"

Write your comments here...My eldest brother is like that. He won't have anything to do with computers. All communications have to be sent by snail mail!  He's in his 80s.

Malcolm I can understand that my mother's in her late eighties and waivers, she like to order her shopping online so she can have delivery van like the neighbours; but my brother does her shopping, she phones it through, he delivers. She doesn't have to pay for internet and gets same/better service!!! She also moans about the amount if time people spend on screens, have no idea how she knows .  I have an uncle older than my mother who embraces the technology. My OH worked using computers email etc and is only in his 60's.  

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook