The Pointless Page

SteveL replied on 24/01/2018 08:40

Posted on 24/01/2018 02:11 by

I'm quite happy with the service I've been getting from the bank.

Posted on 24/01/2018 08:40

Well if you discount the fact they have cost each and every one of us money bailing them out. Been involved in miss selling scandal after miss selling scandal. Again costing us all money. As who do you think is funding the compensation payments. Closed every branch within 7 miles of us. Replaced people with machines in the one they kept open. Constantly try to sell me products I do not want. Paying ridiculous interest rates. I could go on but it would be Pointless.

Apart from that they are OK😂

brue replied on 24/01/2018 08:55

Posted on 24/01/2018 08:55

When the b of e funding for lending scheme ends on Feb 28th savers should benefit. It's probably why the banks are touting for our money with all these adverts at the moment. They will be needing our money rather than handing it out.

replied on 24/01/2018 10:15

Posted on 24/01/2018 08:40 by SteveL

Well if you discount the fact they have cost each and every one of us money bailing them out. Been involved in miss selling scandal after miss selling scandal. Again costing us all money. As who do you think is funding the compensation payments. Closed every branch within 7 miles of us. Replaced people with machines in the one they kept open. Constantly try to sell me products I do not want. Paying ridiculous interest rates. I could go on but it would be Pointless.

Apart from that they are OK😂

Posted on 24/01/2018 10:15

They say the branch closures are because more and more people are using internet banking. 

SteveL replied on 24/01/2018 10:30

Posted on 24/01/2018 10:15 by

They say the branch closures are because more and more people are using internet banking. 

Posted on 24/01/2018 10:30

I can't help thinking cost savings are the major driver. Needed to pay for all the miss selling compo. There were almost always queues at our local branch until they closed it 2 years ago. However, it does not make it any easier when you need to do something that requires a branch. I feel very sorry for those who do not have transport or access to the internet. It's a two hour return trip by bus into town, and very expensive if you haven't a pass.

cariadon replied on 24/01/2018 10:35

Posted on 24/01/2018 10:15 by

Posted on 24/01/2018 10:35

closure is made because the people at the top want their bonuses even if they were useless and lost money, and the share holders expected their bit.

We have no local bank, we are expected to make a 34 mile round trip if we want to use a branch.

Internet banking is useless if you want to pay in money.

brue replied on 24/01/2018 11:19

Posted on 24/01/2018 11:19

We have no local branches now, I use the PO to pay in anything but then we're lucky we at least have a PO within walking distance.

JVB66 replied on 24/01/2018 11:28

Posted on 24/01/2018 11:28

I understand most post office branches are being "contracted"?to carry out basic banking for most high street (as was)banks,there is a notice in our local PO branch (200yds from home)

replied on 24/01/2018 12:30

Posted on 24/01/2018 10:35 by cariadon

closure is made because the people at the top want their bonuses even if they were useless and lost money, and the share holders expected their bit.

We have no local bank, we are expected to make a 34 mile round trip if we want to use a branch.

Internet banking is useless if you want to pay in money.

Posted on 24/01/2018 12:30

That's right, cariadon. You can't exactly pay cash into your account through internet banking and if you do it through a post office, it takes an extra day to get the money into your account.

KjellNN replied on 24/01/2018 12:43

Posted on 24/01/2018 12:43

We still have several branches within a couple of miles as we stay an equal distance from 2 villages.  3 in one place and 4 in the other.

However, I would not be aurprised if TSB, Clydesdale and BOS close one branch as they are all always pretty quiet these days when we do visit.

Personally, we use mainly internet banking, but OH is also the Guide Hall treasurer so does have cash and cheques to deposit now and again, and change to obtain for fund raising events, so we hope at least one branch of BOS  will remain open!

There are plenty of local shops and businesses who use the business banking side, so I would expect all the local banks would maintain a local presence somewhere.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook