Disposal of waste water

bryal replied on 22/04/2022 17:53

Posted on 22/04/2022 17:53

During our last recent couple of breaks away, I have noticed that people are not disposing of their waste water correctly. Instead of going to the site points, they are walking up and down behind caravans, the side of their units just letting it pour out. Surely when the warm weather comes, things will begin to smell and cause rats.

JVB66 replied on 22/04/2022 18:00

Posted on 22/04/2022 18:00

Are you sure it is waste water and not fresh out of their aqua roll, I have not  noted waste being emptied, like  that with caravans ,it is quite often seen with motorcaravans leaving sites with their waste tank valve open ,especially if it saves queuing at the M//C point

Wherenext replied on 22/04/2022 18:13

Posted on 22/04/2022 18:13

Quite a few CLs allow you to dispose of grey waste water in the hedges.

I've not noticed any bad smells coming from these. Despite spending quite a lot of time on CLs I've yet to see a rat although it is almost certain that they were in the near vacinity.

I'd be more worried about food waste around caravans/Mhs than waste water.

bryal replied on 22/04/2022 18:19

Posted on 22/04/2022 18:19

Absolutely certain WASTE WATER, long thinner grey containers not large and round, I don't want to sound rude but I know the difference 

JVB66 replied on 22/04/2022 18:21

Posted on 22/04/2022 18:13 by Wherenext

Quite a few CLs allow you to dispose of grey waste water in the hedges.

I've not noticed any bad smells coming from these. Despite spending quite a lot of time on CLs I've yet to see a rat although it is almost certain that they were in the near vacinity.

I'd be more worried about food waste around caravans/Mhs than waste water.

Posted on 22/04/2022 18:21

With only five LVs the waste disposal method some allow ,would be  very different on popular sites with multiple use of the same pitches ,if waste water was disposed of in that manner and then if it was allowed on some sites and not others ?

JVB66 replied on 22/04/2022 18:28

Posted on 22/04/2022 18:19 by bryal

Absolutely certain WASTE WATER, long thinner grey containers not large and round, I don't want to sound rude but I know the difference 

Posted on 22/04/2022 18:28

As you can see we have been members a few years 3yrs since that date , I can honestly say I have never seen what you have? some "ralliers?" May run their waste into the hedges behind them? what sites have you noticed it?

I think if I had noticed what you have seen I would have had a word with the person doing it and or the site staff

bryal replied on 22/04/2022 18:36

Posted on 22/04/2022 18:36

We have not used CL's, always club sites, I have seen it on 3 separate pitches in Bridlington and 2 units in Blackpool.  In Bridlington one unit must have filled their aqua roll over 15 times whilst there and didn't dispose of correctly once 

Wherenext replied on 22/04/2022 18:38

Posted on 22/04/2022 18:21 by JVB66

With only five LVs the waste disposal method some allow ,would be  very different on popular sites with multiple use of the same pitches ,if waste water was disposed of in that manner and then if it was allowed on some sites and not others ?

Posted on 22/04/2022 18:38

If a CL owner allows waste water to be disposed of in this manner, that is by run off into hedge then all  CL users dispose in this way, so the run off area would be in constant use, yet as I've said I've never noticed any bad smells from that source. 

It is extremely doubtful that a CAMC site pitch would have the same exposure to waste water. I can see it happening on occasions, same as some dog owners won't pick up, but the incidents would surely be varied between pitches and sites and wouldn't attract the same density of spoilage.

Tinwheeler replied on 22/04/2022 18:38

Posted on 22/04/2022 18:38

Whether club sites or CLs could be the key. It is quite normal on CLs for many site owners to request you dispose of waste water in hedges or around shrubs. After all, it’s what we're encouraged to do in times of drought.

On club sites, though, it is not allowed and something that could be brought to the attention of the wardens.

JVB66 replied on 22/04/2022 18:39

Posted on 22/04/2022 18:36 by bryal

We have not used CL's, always club sites, I have seen it on 3 separate pitches in Bridlington and 2 units in Blackpool.  In Bridlington one unit must have filled their aqua roll over 15 times whilst there and didn't dispose of correctly once 

Posted on 22/04/2022 18:39

That is some curtain twitching if noting how many times water was collectedsurprised 

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook