Covid - news and views

brue replied on 08/02/2021 13:35

Posted on 08/02/2021 13:35

It's good to hear that members of CT are receiving their vaccinations, good luck to all those yet to have theirs. It seems like a long haul till we get everyone sorted and hear the results of the present vaccines. 

I'm leaving this open for non political comments as per the guidelines. Hope you can add your own experiences and thoughts.

My first jab comes up tomorrow, I'm so glad we have research institutions that have got us this far! And I am planning breaks away in the hope of improvements on the horizon.

Cornersteady replied on 22/12/2021 16:22

Posted on 22/12/2021 16:17 by Fisherman

Some emotional stuff here.No one has been fined for going to work and the rule (for the safety of staff) has been in place from the begining. No one is blaming anyone, just stating what is reported as a discussion. In the end it is up to us to take rsponsibility ourselves and  as a family we have done so. No meeting over XmaS and basically self isolation until we see the outcome of the disease. My grouse is the idiocy of people with 2 years of research, statistics etc that shows the vaccination is your best bet as being safe, go out of their way to put others at risk.

Posted on 22/12/2021 16:22

As along as that applies to your fellows that is fine, it is just that all of your examples are outside of your country undecided

vbfg replied on 22/12/2021 16:37

Posted on 22/12/2021 15:30 by LLM

An awful lot of trouble for an anti-vaxxer to go to just to cause a problem.

Posted on 22/12/2021 16:37

I agree with what you say,  but perhaps some anti vaxxers may already be registered with a number of practices!

Cornersteady replied on 22/12/2021 16:52

Posted on 22/12/2021 16:52

It may be just me but I don't see in general terms a DSS fraudster, who are generally in it for themselves, being an anti-vaxxer? Could be I suppose.

Tammygirl replied on 22/12/2021 19:20

Posted on 22/12/2021 16:52 by Cornersteady

It may be just me but I don't see in general terms a DSS fraudster, who are generally in it for themselves, being an anti-vaxxer? Could be I suppose.

Posted on 22/12/2021 19:20

Same here, I haven't seen the report but guess its just some media person stirring up trouble as usual.

I'm not sure which is the worst the anti vaxxers or the low life press.

We have family members that are not vaxxed can't get through to them that they should be yell

eurortraveller replied on 22/12/2021 22:32

Posted on 22/12/2021 15:02 by Rocky 2 buckets

NHS#, name, address, doctors surgery๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ. Then repeated again on turning up. I would expect the walk in would need to see you & an on line check done.

Posted on 22/12/2021 22:32

One of our sons aged 55 came over from Hong Kong with just one jab in his arm but needed a second jab to be allowed to fly back. Plymouth hospital asked which local GP he is registered with and what his NHS number is - he said he had neither of those as he has lived overseas for the last 30 years. They simply typed in his name and date of birth and said Oh you were here 42 years ago when you were 13 when you broke your wrist on a school summer camp - and then wrote out his NHS number on a piece of paper for him. The power of their computer !

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 22/12/2021 23:45

Posted on 22/12/2021 22:32 by eurortraveller

One of our sons aged 55 came over from Hong Kong with just one jab in his arm but needed a second jab to be allowed to fly back. Plymouth hospital asked which local GP he is registered with and what his NHS number is - he said he had neither of those as he has lived overseas for the last 30 years. They simply typed in his name and date of birth and said Oh you were here 42 years ago when you were 13 when you broke your wrist on a school summer camp - and then wrote out his NHS number on a piece of paper for him. The power of their computer !

Posted on 22/12/2021 23:45

That’s the future right there๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

replied on 23/12/2021 08:19

Posted on 22/12/2021 22:32 by eurortraveller

Posted on 23/12/2021 08:19

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

replied on 23/12/2021 08:59

Posted on 22/12/2021 19:20 by Tammygirl

Same here, I haven't seen the report but guess its just some media person stirring up trouble as usual.

I'm not sure which is the worst the anti vaxxers or the low life press.

We have family members that are not vaxxed can't get through to them that they should be yell

Posted on 23/12/2021 08:59

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

moulesy replied on 23/12/2021 11:48

Posted on 23/12/2021 08:59 by

I find it hard to believe that Governments the world over are pleading with people to accept the vaccination.  The lovely staff at my daughter's care home were given the choice get vaccinated or find another job  . Fortunately they all had the sense to get it and  the same alternative should be offered to everyone in employment. For those not employed  it should be withdrawal  of benefits .

Posted on 23/12/2021 11:48

So compulsion "by the back door"? frown

Like you I am totally at a loss to understand why any right minded person should not take up the offer of free vaccination. But we do not live in a totalitarian society and the thought that folk who hold such views, for whatever reason, should be made to "toe the government line" by being deprived of their livelihood/benefits is just plain wrong (IMHO).

Make life difficult for them by all means, limit their ability to choose where to go and interact with others, but as long as we are being told that the vaccine is not 100% effective and that there is the, admittedly vanishingly small, possibility of serious side effects compulsion is not an option that should be considered.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook