Covid - news and views

brue replied on 08/02/2021 13:35

Posted on 08/02/2021 13:35

It's good to hear that members of CT are receiving their vaccinations, good luck to all those yet to have theirs. It seems like a long haul till we get everyone sorted and hear the results of the present vaccines. 

I'm leaving this open for non political comments as per the guidelines. Hope you can add your own experiences and thoughts.

My first jab comes up tomorrow, I'm so glad we have research institutions that have got us this far! And I am planning breaks away in the hope of improvements on the horizon.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 06/07/2021 17:33

Posted on 06/07/2021 09:41 by mylo

Hi if people feel safe wearing a mask in shops that’s fine the choice is theres but let the rest of us make up our own minds think it’s called freedom 

Posted on 06/07/2021 17:33

Pssst mylo-that’s exactly what you can do soon, enjoy your freedom👍🏻👏🏻👏🏻

replied on 06/07/2021 17:36

Posted on 06/07/2021 17:36

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

replied on 06/07/2021 17:43

Posted on 06/07/2021 17:36 by

It's clear that the restrictions have caused many to lose their confidence about getting back to anything like a normal life and we even feel it to a degree ourselves.  However society can not carry on with these ruinous restrictions on business  and employment  indefinitely . If those with real  or imaginary concerns wish to shelter indefinitely it is their personal  choice but it cant go on forever. Incidentally we have a 97 year old neighbour who cant wait to get out even more so it's not simply an issue with the elderly. 

Posted on 06/07/2021 17:43

It seems an attempt to bring on herd immunity. I still disagree with removal of masks in shops and public transport.

cyberyacht replied on 06/07/2021 17:49

Posted on 06/07/2021 17:49

It has been made plain by the boffins and even supported by BJ that in situations such as public transport, busy closed environments etc. that the continued wearing of masks is desirable.

The personal decision whether to comply with such advice should perhaps be guided by the exhortation to "love your neighbour as yourself".

Tammygirl replied on 06/07/2021 17:53

Posted on 06/07/2021 17:53

We will carry on wearing masks in shops and crowded places, I don't mind them for a short time shopping.

We noticed last winter that seasonal Flu was greatly reduced and even the common cold seemed to have taken a holiday. With that kind of reduction in transmission then I'm happy to carry on wearing a mask. smile

At some point I'm sure we will resume going to the theatre/cinema but not yet. We will use our common sense and judge each situation, pretty much what we have been doing since this whole situation erupted last year.

Doing daily 'lateral flow tests' to monitor yourself if you think you might have been in contact will work for some but for others they will just not bother.  There are many professions that are supposed to do 2 a week just now and that includes school pupils. They are provided with them by the school/work but I know for a fact that many started off well but now don't bother. 

We will not rely on other people to keep us safe, we will rely on our own common sense.

Takethedogalong replied on 06/07/2021 18:08

Posted on 06/07/2021 18:08

If I am being honest, I have now reached the stage where I am past caring what choices others make, it is and always has been their choice, and folks will live (or possibly die) with the consequences of their actions, much as they do with other aspects of life. No use appealing or debating the pro’s and cons with anyone who has an alternative view, individual circumstances differ too much.
Happiness for us will be holidays under our own terms, meeting up safely with family and friends, not being a burden on the NHS, getting the occasional routine health care we need, enjoying different treats such as days out, eating out, but above all, knowing we and our loved ones are as safe as possible. 
I can understand the degree of frustration some might feel, as not all restrictions put into place seem to have made sense, nor has the communicating of them. But much of this is now going, and the onus will be on the individual, and individual work places now to stand or fall by the choices they make. 

Takethedogalong replied on 06/07/2021 18:12

Posted on 06/07/2021 17:53 by Tammygirl

We will carry on wearing masks in shops and crowded places, I don't mind them for a short time shopping.

We noticed last winter that seasonal Flu was greatly reduced and even the common cold seemed to have taken a holiday. With that kind of reduction in transmission then I'm happy to carry on wearing a mask. smile

At some point I'm sure we will resume going to the theatre/cinema but not yet. We will use our common sense and judge each situation, pretty much what we have been doing since this whole situation erupted last year.

Doing daily 'lateral flow tests' to monitor yourself if you think you might have been in contact will work for some but for others they will just not bother.  There are many professions that are supposed to do 2 a week just now and that includes school pupils. They are provided with them by the school/work but I know for a fact that many started off well but now don't bother. 

We will not rely on other people to keep us safe, we will rely on our own common sense.

Posted on 06/07/2021 18:12

Thinking alike TG👍

JVB66 replied on 06/07/2021 18:20

Posted on 06/07/2021 18:20

with ref to Dk comment about contracting the virus from surfaces, it has been shown that with the much enhanced cleaning of surfaces and hand holds, is also a reason that the normal spread of flu and colds has also been reduced by the cleaning of surfaces

replied on 06/07/2021 19:18

Posted on 06/07/2021 19:18

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

davetommo replied on 06/07/2021 22:16

Posted on 06/07/2021 19:18 by

Life has started  to crepback to normal for us. I have recently  been seeing my daughter again and we were able to have a lunch in her favourite Indian restaurant.  We are now away in the van enjoying an English summerfrown and have a month in Spain coming up. At 74 we are aware of how short our future touring is going to be and not going to be so risk averse  as to shorten it further. 

Posted on 06/07/2021 22:16

Well said that man

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook