Covid - news and views

brue replied on 08/02/2021 13:35

Posted on 08/02/2021 13:35

It's good to hear that members of CT are receiving their vaccinations, good luck to all those yet to have theirs. It seems like a long haul till we get everyone sorted and hear the results of the present vaccines. 

I'm leaving this open for non political comments as per the guidelines. Hope you can add your own experiences and thoughts.

My first jab comes up tomorrow, I'm so glad we have research institutions that have got us this far! And I am planning breaks away in the hope of improvements on the horizon.

brue replied on 14/07/2021 18:56

Posted on 14/07/2021 18:56

At the beginning of the week our local pharmacy was closed due to Covid. Now our pub is also closed.

I'm re-arranging sites stays and opting for smaller quieter places without shared facilities.

ABM replied on 14/07/2021 22:35

Posted on 14/07/2021 22:35

Brue,  Could they just be getting together to make a seasons worth of  70% proof hand wash and sterilizer,  undecided ??

Sorry,  I'll go and dream such thoughts in private, hic embarassed

Rufs replied on 15/07/2021 08:57

Posted on 15/07/2021 08:57

50K new cases yesterday, however, we are just enjoying life, beautiful day yesterday and our beaches very quiet, mostly pebbles, thankfully, so no difficultly doing the social distancing bit, beautiful day today, caravan on the hard standing until September but that is normal for us, dont do the July/August thing, like to make way for the younger generation.laughing

Fisherman replied on 15/07/2021 08:59

Posted on 15/07/2021 08:59

Notice on our Surgery- " Holidaymakers do not enter". If you need assistance phone your own provider. If you  feel you have Covid symptoms do not enter, phone 111 and seek advise.  Cant believe this is an isolated incident, so visitors need details of their own surgery before leaving. Another item to the tick list.

brue replied on 15/07/2021 09:08

Posted on 15/07/2021 08:57 by Rufs

50K new cases yesterday, however, we are just enjoying life, beautiful day yesterday and our beaches very quiet, mostly pebbles, thankfully, so no difficultly doing the social distancing bit, beautiful day today, caravan on the hard standing until September but that is normal for us, dont do the July/August thing, like to make way for the younger generation.laughing

Posted on 15/07/2021 09:08

The advantage of living near to the coast Rufs. I've enjoyed similar in the past.

I was listening to holiday traffic through the night, we can hear it in certain weather. It sounds like a busy summer ahead.

I hope people have safe holidays and if the weather's good they'll be able to stay outside in the fresh air.

geoffeales replied on 15/07/2021 15:46

Posted on 15/07/2021 15:46

some retirement this is turning out to be, we dreamed of taking the van out 4, 5, 6 times a year and then only three months in the first shutdown began! We're just grateful neither of us have had the disease and we belong to an organisation that doesn't require deposits etc. Now both double jabbed we're still hoping for North Yorkshire and Scotland in September (Ms Sturgeon permitting!)

nelliethehooker replied on 15/07/2021 22:04

Posted on 15/07/2021 22:04

Talking to a youngish teacher today as she walked past. She is not at school as she and her partner, also a teacher, have both been struck down by Covid, although they both have had their second jobs. They have been quite poorly and unable or fit enough to leave their house for over a week, she was still breathless and her partner still had a severe cough and was continuing to self isolate. So the vaccination is certainly not the be all and end all.

DEBSC replied on 15/07/2021 22:48

Posted on 15/07/2021 22:48

Both sides of us I heard neighbours children in the garden, different ages, different schools. Seems both sent home as covid in their bubbles. Then phone call to say granddaughter sent home, same reason. On the local news that covid has increased here by 140 percent in a week. We had planned a meal out this evening but decided on caution and got  Chinese takeaway instead. 

Takethedogalong replied on 16/07/2021 10:04

Posted on 16/07/2021 10:04

We seem to have dropped lucky with our recent break away in Scottish Borders recently. Case numbers have rocketed since we got back. It was a very different break, we did little in the way of town visits, or to many tourist sites, stuck mainly to the beach and some nice garden visits. I think this is going to be the pattern for us this year, avoid crowds, busy towns, concentrate on the outdoors. In truth, it’s not that dissimilar to our usual breaks away, just needs a bit more planning. I think a lot of tourism is going to suffer from lack of staff to be honest, either unable to recruit, or businesses forced to close to self isolate. 

nelliethehooker replied on 16/07/2021 20:25

Posted on 16/07/2021 20:25

Earlier in the pandemic there were lots of complaints about the Test and Trace system not working fully/correctly. Now that it is working fully yet more complaints about it working too well!!undecided It is obviously a loose loose system!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook