New Site Booking System

DavidKlyne replied on 25/11/2021 11:54

Posted on 25/11/2021 11:54

The Club have released more details of the new Booking System here 

There are still finer details still to be arrived but the link (thanks Harry) sets out how the new system will work.

I have closed the previous thread on when we will get details of the new booking system and opened this one to allow comments specifically on the new system rather than discussing what they might be.

David

SteveL replied on 17/01/2022 10:43

Posted on 17/01/2022 10:07 by Cornersteady

The deposit system as we currently understand it, discriminates against families as they have to pay considerably more than a (often boomer ?) couple for the same size pitch.

Very true and I hope the club picks up on this, but a few points, firstly as been pointed out somewhere there is an easy fix to this which gets a family the same or even cheaper deposit than a couple, and secondly if a family is using a site where children are charged a pound a night it isn't going to be that much? A14 night stay for two children the deposit will be an extra £5.60.  

Posted on 17/01/2022 10:43

If folk do minimise deposits by only including for one adult on the original booking, isn’t that going to lead to delays at check in. Unless of course those who have paid upfront are waved through. Although unfortunately, if it catches on it will also lead to fewer paying upfront and waving through may be impossible. Which in turn may lead to less bothering to pay up front as there is no advantage.🤔

Cornersteady replied on 17/01/2022 10:46

Posted on 17/01/2022 10:30 by cyberyacht
Content has been removed.

Posted on 17/01/2022 10:46

A bit rude there Cy, not needed is it? Touched a raw nerve? 

In any event surely it is only a pointless activity in your own view? But you have often posted about the demise of the club with many empty pitches have you not? As I said could be this time.

What's 'disgusted of Doncaster' letters got to do with me? I never mentioned that? I think you have confused me with someone else?

Cornersteady replied on 17/01/2022 10:54

Posted on 17/01/2022 10:43 by SteveL

If folk do minimise deposits by only including for one adult on the original booking, isn’t that going to lead to delays at check in. Unless of course those who have paid upfront are waved through. Although unfortunately, if it catches on it will also lead to fewer paying upfront and waving through may be impossible. Which in turn may lead to less bothering to pay up front as there is no advantage.🤔

Posted on 17/01/2022 10:54

Yes agree with all of that, I was not condoning such behaviour just pointing out there is a way around it. In any event as I said I hope the club picks up on this, but while it does affect families isn't that the same as any holiday? 

You've raised another good point with pre-payment, even with it (And I hope it happens) I assume there will be a chance to amend the payment to reflect any changes in the number of people? Myself and Mrs C are always there but it's amazing how nearer the time the 'kids' fancy the idea of a free and/or cheap weekend away. (It's often free) 

I may have missed it but is waving through a possibility?  

Arch replied on 17/01/2022 10:55

Posted on 17/01/2022 10:55

If you read the QAs there's going to be no waving through you still have to stop and check in and come back with your pitch number.

SteveL replied on 17/01/2022 11:34

Posted on 17/01/2022 10:55 by Arch

If you read the QAs there's going to be no waving through you still have to stop and check in and come back with your pitch number.

Posted on 17/01/2022 11:34

If you can’t check in without getting out of the vehicle, I can’t see much point in paying up front. I accept you will have to come back to let them know the pitch number and pick up a barrier card / block key. When I put waving through I was meaning checking in from the vehicle, rather than just being waved through. Perhaps, fast tracked would have been more appropriate.  If the system gave the wardens a familiarity figure, based on number of sites stopped on, they could perhaps modify the list of instructions, to further speed things up,

brue replied on 17/01/2022 11:36

Posted on 17/01/2022 11:36

That's already been mooted on here, paying a deposit for one adult, there are people who will use these tactics. Some will opt for payments on arrival as this will also avoid loss of funds should there be a cancellation, this is a financial loop hole which some will relish. I'd be interested to hear if there's a way round this for CAMC! Maybe an admin fee for repeat tactics?

peedee replied on 17/01/2022 11:36

Posted on 17/01/2022 08:16 by SteveL

The deposit system as we currently understand it, discriminates against families as they have to pay considerably more than a (often boomer ?) couple for the same size pitch.

You make a very valid point. If the reason for the deposit is to prevent multiple speculative bookings, there is no need for this disparity. A more reasonable way would be a fixed charges of say, the full price if less or  £25 for up to 3 days, £50 for 3 days to a week, £75 for a week to 10 days and £100 for anything over that.

Posted on 17/01/2022 11:36

What ever way you look at it, it is less to pay on arrival. I think I have read, probably in the FAQs, that arrangements can be made to pay in installments?

peedee

peedee replied on 17/01/2022 11:42

Posted on 17/01/2022 11:42

Yes you can pay in installments, here is what the FAQs say.

Can I pay in instalments?
Yes, the new booking system will allow you to make a payment toward your balance at any point as part of the 'manage my booking' screens within the new website booking system. This is designed to help you spread the payments over a period of time.

peedee

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook